1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The radio dj back announces songs I know. Why don't they do that for songs I don't know? :mad:

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

COLDPLAY? HB, you dissapoint! Coldplay is terrible! Every song is exactly the same, and they are all awful! Some say they are the new U2, and I slap all of those people. How dare they insult U2 by implying that Coldplay is similar to them in any way! U2=good, Coldplay= donkeyballssuckers

In other news, Pink Floyd rocks.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I agree that many of Coldplay's songs do sound similar to each other, hence the reason why I only paid $7 for that CD from TradeMe. I wouldn't pay full price for a Coldplay CD, but "Parachutes" has a few good songs on it.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Coldplay isn't bad but Chris Martin has lost all his credibility when he allowed his kid to be named Apple. :nono:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's not as bad as Shiloh Pitt. That's a shocker. A complete pile o'......

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Heee, 12 hours till Lordi! :banana:

7. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

**tuts @ Lordi** 1 pop song with a catchy beat and people seem willing to forget that most every other song they've made sucks. Sure i voted for them at Eurovision and was glad they won, but my tongue was firmly in cheek when they were interviewed or performed.

Spend your money on some actual Finnish Death Metal instead of that 80's style pop rubbish.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Finally! I got my own copy of new Celtic Frost album :banana:

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Uh, well, I guess so, but I'm heavily against endorsing mullets.

edit: And Pseudospawn, you're forgetting that you're talking about the latest national pride in Finland here. It's not just the music, it's that Lordi gave us our first ESC victory. And who knows, maybe Ara's a fanatic Children of Bodom fan?

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Alas, no. CoB is not one of my favortites... Nightweish, too.

also, I am absolutely shameless about the fact tghat I listen to Britney Spears - so no one is going to make my musical taste go anywhere.

As for the gig... oh dear GOD; there was.... OH. I practically died there... Am still pissed that was about 2 people fromt he banniester thanks to my host getting us lost and arriving late.

I even got showered in sparks from the pyros :D

Lordi is awesome on stage - they are awesome anyweay, but ons tage? OMG. and not just the pyros. they.. there's no words how they take everything over. it was practically hypnotic.

the amusing part of the evening was hearing two teenage girls talk about their favorite osongs. one of them named Devil is a Loser her favorite, and then added: "But who the f*** is Gene Simmons?"
    '

O tempora, o more...

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Cough, cough...You're listening to WHAT? :outta:

To each their own...oh well.

Not a fan of CoB either, my nick for them is "Children of Boredom". Sorry. But no matter how talented musicians they would be, my opinion is that they should either be a) groundbreaking and innovative, in the sense that they would search for new ways in making that type of music - or b) appeal to my sense of harmonious melody.

They do neither. But mostly this is because I've not ventured much into that particular field of music with any great interest or for a longer duration of time.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'll have to remember that one.

I'm currently listening to an underground grindcore (think death metal on speed) talent from the south shore of Quebec... in fact, we used to play shows with those guys back in the days... I'm glad to see them still going... and still are as brutal. [Insert headbanging smiley here]

13. Arabwel

Media:
    You heard that right. Britney Spears. Also Enrique Iglesias, the Spice Gurls, Christina Aquilaera, Shakira, the Backstreet Boys..... do I need to go on?

And yeah, those arte ont he same playulist as Nightwish, Lordi, Dimmu Borgir, AC/DC and a LOT of other stuff. I am omnivorous :D :evil:

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Blech! Demon Burger sucks!

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm actually thinking of buying Juanes' latest album. I kind of liked La Camisa Negra, Volverte a Ver and Rosario Tijeras.

My rule concerning buying records is that if an album has at least 3 songs that I like, I start considering of buying it.

I consider myself to be omnivorous when it comes to music, but...there are limitations...it's not like anything goes, but I do agree that you can get used to, and even learn to like any kind of music if listened to frequently enough. (edit: That's how I started to like metal as well.)

So as for this moment I detest Britney Spears, I consider it possible that I might some day even like it. It's just one of those 'when hell freezes over' -type of situations, or the chances of that happening are just about the same as the chances of survival of a paper mouse in hell while chased by asbestos cats.

It's not the music per se I dislike, it's the persona an the industry behind it I strongly disagree with. It's so sad when non-musical attributes affect someones taste for music, but that's just me...

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Incidentally, talking about the Lordi condert is the only time I have bneen able to use the phrase "You could barely hear the buzzsaw over the music" :D

17. Harbourboy

What is this Lordi thing you keep going on about?

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

They won this years Eurovision, a song contest you probably never heard about :p

19. Arabwel

Media:
    www.Lordi.org - 5 guys (ok, 4 guys and a chim) in monster costumes who play heavy rock with a serious horror theme :love:

I am rather sad that I won't be seeing them live again until October :(

20. Harbourboy

Monster costumes? Oh dear. What's a chim?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.