1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I agree. But I would have to say that bands can't actually sound emo unless you listen to their lyrics. But there are a lot of bands that sound like a mix of metal and emo. It is difficult to weed out the bad ones.

And a dose of emo isn't always bad. I have a few emo bands which I like. None of them are popular or generic, but I have a few guilty slips.

But hardcore is the best!

*insert breakdown*

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I got After Forever's Exordium for Christmas - it is sadly not what I'm looking for when thinking 'After Forever'. In comparision to Prison of Desire, it's lighter, has worse lyrics (and if they're meant to be interpreted the way I'm interpreting them - I'm totally against what they're saying), and her vocals ... well - bleh. With After Forever - I want vocals so high in pitch that you can't understand them - big, dramatic, soaring, etc. Here she just sings kinda averagely...

3. Saber

For Christmas, I got:
    Satisfaction is the Death of Desire - Hatebreed
    An Offer You Can't Refuse - A Change of Pace
    Superkala - Course of Nature
    Burn Season - Burn Season
    Screams of Erida - Screams of Erida
    Disconnected - The Buzzhorn
    Headspace - Pulse Ultra

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Emo... a bastard offshot of goths, quiet, introverted pussies that write syrupy lines about depression and are always sad :rolleyes:

Emo sucks. Nuff said.

5. Saber

I agree with you on those. It's just that I've heard emo also being described as basically any song about love, or lack-thereof, and I don't agree with that. There are some very tasteful songs about love, and some tasteful songs about lack of love that don't sing about dying/killing themselves. Because some people consider that emo, I say that there are a few 'emo' bands that aren't bad.

But metal and hardcore are the way to go.

Not to copy Undertaker or anything, but:
    \m/(><)\m/

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I must say those X-mas were quite black, death&heavy :evil: I just had to get an antidote for all those crappy carols.
    Oh yes, the international headbangers sign :D
    \m/(><)\m/

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Alrighty then...
    I've been able to rip Ride the Lightning, ...And Justice for All, Master of Puppets, and Load. All my other Metallica albums have so many scratches on them that I have to wait for a library's copy to rip. :bang:

Ugh...the guys in the the bays around me at work like Slipknot , and other trash like that. :bang: That crap sounds like a bunch of 40 year olds screaming in to a mic. :nono: :rolling:

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I have a Therion week. Must listen to all their albums!

9. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, Slipknot is indeed trash. Commercial trash.

And Undertaker, I'm having a Dying Fetus week :evil:

Next week is Burzum week!

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

\m/(><)\m/ mate ! :D
    My next week will be Darkthrone :p

11. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I don't care whether they're 20, 40, 80 or 160 years old. Good stuff is good stuff. But Slipknot isn't, not to me. I think the whole mask thing is ridicilous. Without the image, how many people would ever have heard or them?

This is not saying every musician should just look like pizza delivery guys and stare at their shoes. But I hate it when the image takes over, when it's more important than the music. It should never ever come before the music.

12. Saber

Nu-metal blows.
    Slipknot = nu-metal
    Therefore, Slipknot blows.

They do suck majorly. When you have that little talent in a band, I'm pretty sure the band is going to suck.

And yes, they are sellouts there solely for money. True-Metal (not nu-metal) is the way to go. Love of music is far more imporant that love of money or vanity.

Listened to Between the Buried and Me today. Wasn't too bad. They have some pretty hard metal in there, but also have a melodic interlude side. Not my favorite, but not bad.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So I've been hearing this super overplayed song from 'Rise Against'. It's slow-ish song, but I guess the majority of their crap sounds just like Slipknot's crap. Needless to say, that's another band I can do without. :p :rolling:

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I refuse to call nu-whatever with the saint name of metal :flaming:

15. Saber

Rise Against isn't nu-metal, or Slipknot-like, but I will agree that most of their stuff isn't that good. The song you are hearing is probably "Swing Life Away." I would like them more if they didn't use the same exact drum beat for every song.

Listening to Course Of Nature... great stuff!

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Any of you guys ever get this urge to suddenly lto somyou listened to ages and ages ago, from some rahter unrelated reason?

/me is listening to the Bloodhound Gang

17. Disciple of The Watch

I still have the Clock Tower theme from Aria of Sorrow stuck in my head. At least it's good stuff...

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

@Ara: Yes :)

19. Disciple of The Watch

@Ara: Absolutly.

I presently feel like listening to some Graveland (pretty good stuff, BTW, check them out if you don't already know them, Undertaker). Sadly, I ain't got any :wail:

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I doubt I ever heard about this band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.