1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Then you need to check them out. Vader totally kicks ass! :D

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm, sio I have now had some experience with Graveland and decided that no thanks, not to my liking.

although any band that names a song Impaler of Wallachia gets a :thumb: for style :D

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Time for some Skid Row! And then, after than, maybe some more Bad Company! :banana: :thumb: :rolling:

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

[​IMG] I bought the limited vinyl edition of Warlord's "Rising out of the ashes" today, just 1000 copies in the whole world. :D :banana:

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Speaking of Graveland, I found a vinyl or two and I just might get them soon enough :bigeyes:

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

@BOC: then you are a very lucky person :D
    Now,my musical day is almost doom metal only.

7. BOC

Yep, as far as the specific album is concerned, I was lucky, I didn't even know that there was a vinyl edition, but in general I believe that everything can be found, what matters is if you are willing to pay the price. Few years ago I found the first edition of Savatage's "Sirens" (the one with the ship in the front cover), which, IRRC, was released in just 500 copies, but I was not willing to pay 120 euros for it.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

What are some other bands I should check out that are similar to Vader? I'm going to get a list before I start finding some stuff to listen to.

9. Kitrax

Media:
    You people still have record players? Hell, I don't even have a tape player! :shake: You people need to get with the times! :geezer:

Buy a limited edition CD instead... :shake: :rolling:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Isn't vinyl coming back in? On all those home improvement style TV shows, the people always want to have modern turntables in their room so that they can do "DJing".

11. Disciple of The Watch

Remember that quote? I said on the first page. I still think it. As Susi mentioned, the Megadeth remasters, for example, are of pretty varied quality. I'm a collector, and some of my vinyls albums are pretty valuable. And they still play very well. They're like CDs: take good care of 'em and they'll last a looooooong time.

No way.

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Danm, crap, and F***!

So it turns out that the Queensryche album I had checked out not too long ago had a song ('Silent Lucidity' to be exact) that I somehow forgot to rip! :bang: I just heard the last minute or so of that song on the radio...and now I really want to hear it in it's entirety! :bang: :flaming:

Damn that's a good song. :thumb: :rolling:

13. BOC

Ah, the cd generation, you'll never understand the value of the vinyl young punks. :D :p

14. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Oh no !
    As some of you might know, I am playing guitar in this band : MaelstroeM

We just finished our very first homemade demo - You can still listen, just go to the *recordings* page.
    But... Bad news, our bass player just left.

So now we have to start all over with someone else, guess I've tried that a few times now :mad:
    We had some good heavy songs, it makes me so angry, cause now we can't play them anymore :o
    Anyway, we only wasted about a year, so it's not that bad. I'm sure we will find someone else soon.

Any comments or comforting - Thoughts on the demo, or our situation is appreciated :)

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Bands similar to Vader? Well: Nile, Cryptopsy, Morbid Angel, Dies Irae, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Death (to me only Death and Morbid Angel can match with Vader :p ) . The list is pretty long :) , almost as long as death metal itself.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Good news, headbangers, Testament's Live in London has been released. Here's the tracklist:

1. The Preacher
    2. The New Order
    3. The Haunting
    4. Electric Crown
    5. Sins Of Omission
    6. Souls Of Black
    7. Into The Pit
    8. Trial By Fire
    9. Practice What You Preach
    10. Let Go Of My World
    11. The Legacy
    12. Over The Wall
    13. Raging Waters
    14. Disciples Of The Watch

Haven't heard it myself... but to see such old classics, it cannot be bad. :D

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Where I'm from it's been out since November. I've got it, and it's very good.

18. Disciple of The Watch

I would have expected nothing less from the mighty Testament. When is the next studio album coming, I wonder? :hmm:

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Must...have...that...Testament...album!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Calm down, Undertaker, here, touch my vinyl of The Legacy, this should help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.