1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

:bigeyes: Oh! Shiny!

Today I had only one CD with MP3s-it was Machine Head's discography. I won't listen to MH for at least 3 months.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Listened to some Vader (unfortunately not great quality), but it sounds great (similar to Death, aye).

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

:D You are walking on good path :thumb:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yep. Let's just hope that it's not just a rebelling teenager phase, and that he's indeed a true metalhead. Say, what kind of music were you listening to as a kid, Saber?

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Vinyl is of teh awesomeness. *nids* I donät exactly have a collection or anything, but the stuff I "inherited" from my sister is being well cared for...

/me thinks she will soon put on some Hanoi Rocks

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

NOOOOO!!!! Testament will not come to this year's Metalmania festival. :( :wail: WHY!!??? :bang: And they would be a headliner. This sucks!

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I got really pissed off last night...somehow System of a Down managed to creep on to my favorite rock station. SoaD is *not* the kind of crap that they play on that station...and it realy struck me as being odd. SoaD realy sucks. :flaming: :nono: :rolling:

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

For the time being I've got my equipment downstairs in the living room so I can watch the dvd's I got. This means I won't be able to blast out The Burning Times as often as I'd like. :( Or with the volume I'd like. :sosad:

9. Disciple of The Watch

System of a Down is total ****ing bull****, Kitrax, just as the ****ing radio can be. :roll:

I have just indulged an urge to listen to Iced Earth.

10. Kitrax

Media:
    DotW, I found a link to 'give us your feedback' on the radio station's website and I wrote them a fairly long email asking what they were smoking when they decided to play that song.

I got a reply today, and all it said was, "We blame the intern that has control between 12am and 5am....but we'll leave him a note."

Sure, blame the intern. :shake:

Al this wedding musice I've been sorting through is giving me a headache. I need some musical medication...

NP - Metallica - ...And Justice For All :thumb:

Ahhhhhhhh.... :rolling:

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

SoaD has some funny lyrics but their music is crap.

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

They are not the worst nu-metal band out there...

These days I am in an 80's mood. I just got Diamond Heads 'Lightening to the Nations', which was surprising as I was more familiar with the metallica cover versions. Next I want Satan's 'Court in the Act' which was (is) a classic NWOBHM album.

Any obscure 80's recommendations BOC, Undertaker, D.O.T.W.? Your advise is needed!

13. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Obscure 80s metal bands? Let's see:

Manilla Road - American barbaric epic power metal. The albums "Crystal logic", "Open the gates" and "The deluge" are a must have, however I would suggest to listen to some samples of their work before you buy any of their albums because the voice of Mark Shelton is a "love or hate" case. If you want their albums in vinyl, you'll have to pay a small fortune.

Shok Paris - American melodic power metal, try "Steel and starlight" album.

Grim Reaper - N.W.O.B.H.M., "See you in hell" is a masterpiece.

Witchfynde - N.W.O.B.H.M., influenced by Black Sabbath, "Give 'em hell".

Spitfire - The most talented greek metal band, who had the bad luck to be born in the wrong place. If they were british, germans or americans, they would be famous today. I don't think that you can find their album "First attack" (released by EMI Greece in 1985) but if you find it and you're willing to pay the price (100-120 euros), buy it.

Samson - Bruce Dickinson's band before Iron Maiden. "Head on" and "Shock tactics".

Tygers Of Pan Tang - N.W.O.B.H.M., John Shykes band before Whitesnake. "Spellbound", Wild cat", "Crazy nights".

Demon - N.W.O.B.H.M., "The unexpected guest", which contains their masterpiece "Don't break the circle" is a must have,also listen to the "Night of the demon".

Jag Panzer - American power metal, "Ample destruction" is a classic.

Omen - American power metal, "Battle cry", Warning of danger", "The curse".

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Cheers, I did not expect a reply so fast!

Yes I heard great things about Omen's 'Battle Cry' album, and I will be sure to check out the other bands that you mention. BTW are Raven any good?

A few days ago, I got Riot's 'Inismore' album which was excellent, but I really want to get 'Thundersteel' as I love the song 'Bloodstreets'.

15. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The early Raven albums are very good, especially "Wiped out", "All for one" and "Rock until you drop". Also if you have the chance to watch them live, don't miss it. I saw them 15 years ago (****, time passes very fast :geezer: ) as the support band in Running Wild's "Blazon stone tour" and all I could say after their performance was "WOW".

As for Riot, listen to their first albums, especially "Fire down under".

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Apart from what BOC mentioned, I could recommend 2 Polish 80's bands (although they're still active)
    TSA and Turbo. Both play classic heavy metal :cool:
    EDIT: also you could take a look at Sanctuary-they played very good piece of thrash metal

[ January 12, 2006, 20:21: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

17. Kitrax

Media:
    I've been listening to nothing but Gins N' Roses, Great White, and Skid Row all day long! :bigeyes:

Time for a change before I get bored of those bands...

NP - Sublime - 40oz to Freedom :beer: :thumb:

Ahhhhhhh.... :rolling:

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eh, nothing good, I'll admit now. No metal until 9th grade, alas, but I started before I came to SP. I will stay a true metalhead, don't worry. In the words of All That Remains:

Fear not at all, my focus shall not fail.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Ehh, obscure '80s music? What kind of metal? Death? Black? Thrash? Speed? Traditional?

Ehh, BOC has pretty much dug out everything I could possibly think about... I could possibly dish out names you never heard in your entire life, Cúchulainn, but only if you dig death and black metal as much as Undertaker and I do.

20. Kitrax

Media:
    DotW, name a popular band from each of the metal categories you just named! :p :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.