1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

My band's been firmly going nowhere for a good many years now. We've got a new drummer candidate coming to try out next week, though.

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I've got my shiny tickets to Metalmania 2006 :bigeyes: Whole day of purest metal :D

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

*sigh* I miss barking some Dying Fetus.

Death metal is such a good thing.

You want someone hardcore, Saber? Were it not for logistics problems, I would volunteer.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Heh, that would be nice, DotW, if you weren't locked away in the frozen wasteland of Canada. Eh, plus, two of the members (one of which is a kickass drummer) are seniors, so they are going to college next year (the drummer to Colorado), so our band would only be temporary, and then I'd need some more members anyways...

5. Disciple of The Watch

Frozen wastelands? I actually like cold weather. I don't mind hot weather too, as long as it's dry.

If it weren't for the obvious problems, I could do a phone call or two and recruit my old pal the bassman without too much difficulty (if I can possibly find him, that is, he has three phones and changes every once in a while when one of his phone lines is near deactivating)... we'd tag along for as long as your aim isn't commercial success.

One can dream, I guess.

6. Saber

Aye, one can dream...

In anycase, I was trying to learn All That Remains and Darkest Hour today. Man are they good! It is not only difficult to learn the tab, but then to play it as fast as they do, wow! I am already despising the fact that they palm mute only the top string when playing tab quickly... to get your hand into a position that only mutes the top without obstructing the others is quite difficult... I think I'll stick to tough guy hardcore for now :p Slower and easier, but it sounds nice too :D

7. Disciple of The Watch

Ahh, guitar-playing... I used to play bass, many, many years ago... t'would be interesting to try again, though I am pretty sure I forgot everything.

Accidently found two classic pieces of thrash metal in my collection I thought lost! Major points if you can find which band it is based on those hints:

- Their guitarist is an ex-Kreator member
    - Their drummer now resides with Apollyon Sun (post-Celtic Frost)
    - They hail from Switzerland

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I think it's Coroner :)

9. Disciple of The Watch

Exactly. You're a true connaisseur, Undertaker. You've been cranked up a few more ranks up in my respect, dude. \m/(><)\m/

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Metal forever dude! :D \m/(><)\m/

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I feel pretty weird sat here amongst all my symphonic and power metal, seeing you guys chat about hardcore and death metal...

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    If you think you feel weird, think how I feel with my pretty shiny pop and other nonemetally things.....

*goes to listen to some Tim McGraw*

Mainstream is NOT a swearword, guys.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Hehe, yeah, well, we like music brutal and not symphonic here, it seems. :evil:

Yes it is, Ara, yes it is.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How do you think anyone who isn't a metal-head feel around these music-related threads? I wonder why this site attracts so many head-bangers....

15. Disciple of The Watch

Gahhhhhh, why must you always be a party crasher, Harbs!

The damn title says it all! *Random MUSIC Post*. Sure, this thread has been hijacked by metalheads, but everyone has the right to discuss about whatever style of music that tickle their fancy. If the majority of metalheads here discourages posting, then that's not my problem.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ara, just do my a favor and resist popping that 'Top 40' CD of yours in to the BoM CD player! :nono:

The sad thing is, everyone that I ask for suggestions for some upbeat dance songs to play at my wedding always suggest I get a 'Top 40' CD and give it a listen. :mommy: I have a feeling that *if* I do, the artists on my 'banned' lists will increase greatly. :hahaerr:

Harby, don't worry, you're not totally alone here...and for the first time, I agree with your coment from the previous page. It's about time I agreed with you. :thumb: :shake: :rolling:

17. Saber

Wait, we aren't preventing anyone from posting, go ahead! Its just that us metalheads love metal so much, that we need to post about it constantly. If you wanna talk about other music, you are free to do so.

Just to get onto something non-metal:

Who likes Our Lady Peace? They are, in fact, my favorite non-metal band. I love everything by them (although the CD Naveed is not as good as their other stuff). How about the rest of you?

18. Disciple of The Watch

This may surprise a few here, but I also listen to punk, sometimes. ATM, there's a Pennywise CD playing in the background. Next CD is All Out War's "Condemned to Suffer"... it's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I didn't fired that one.

And I hate OLP. Nuff said.

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Will I get stoned if I say I like to listen to Mozart and classical music?

20. Disciple of The Watch

Nope. Because I sometimes listen to those when stoned. :hippy: But I prefer Pachelbel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.