1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Having some experience with 'autistic' group members as well when I did group projects, I learned that the best thing you can do is get him to cooperate by directly addressing him face-to-face, not through email, phone or MSN, but grabbing him by his neck when you next see him. If that fails, then you should rally up the rest of the group and discuss this with your mentor. The worst thing you can do is to make yourself a victim of your group, you must not let people walk over you, they do not decide your score, you do! You need to get into the action and show leadership skills. Bonus points if you rally up the rest of the team and finish the project independently of him.

It could be so that you could not possibly finish this project on time by starting now, but that should not stop you from getting as much done as possible.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Autistic? :skeptic:

We did the presentation today anyway, from pretty much my work alone we got decent pass for it and I got commended by pretty much the whole class in the peer review. Next time I will make sure I have a handle of the group rather than be thrown in last minute with no contact details.

I go to the university once a week. It's not like I can just go to his house or even grab him by the neck. I got into action and I got the work done when nobody else in the group could be bothered. I hardly just sat idly complaining - I actually did something.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well it's good that you passed the exam and got a decent score. If you took offense at my 'autistic' comment, know that I meant the other guy to be 'autistic' because he ignores his team mates, and not you, or am I still being insensitive then?

I however assumed that when people work together for a project, they actually meet in person, daily. Was that not the case because you could not go (in which case I apologize,) or was it because the team just decided not to meet every day?

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm autistic. The guy was just cocky.

No we didn't meet every day because they would hardly ever return me texts, I am not on the same timetable as them and I can barely manage the walk to the university one day a week anyway.

When I have a group that gives a damn and I can actually arrange to meet I will make sure I can meet them, as it was there wasn't really a way.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ugh, oral presentation on hispanic music due tomorrow... I should probably start researching for it...

6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    uhhhhh... I worked at home from 10 am to yesterday to... 9:30 am this morning. Of course, I took breaks to eat and I was gone for about two hours in the evening, but this morning was rough... :coffee: Went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 1 pm, then got back up and continued working. I'm writing text profiles for a web page for work. 35 down, 4 to go... :sleep:

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Recession? What recession???

I scored a 2nd job with only submitting an application to two places, and on the first interview! I only wanted a 2nd job so can have more "play" money for my car, computer, and a much needed 7-night cruise I've been thinking surprising Jessica with sometime during late winter/early spring.

Go me! :thumb:

8. Triactus

Media:
    Talk for yourself, I'm out of a job... :(

9. Kitrax

Media:
    Do you know how to be interviewed? You need to dress the part; you need to have a confidence level of "I don't need this job, but I'm going to apply just to see how it goes!"; you need to be able to answer the dreaded "Why should we hire you?" question like a pro; and you need to practice good body language.

Employers love teamwork skills, so I mentioned that I’m an ERT/EMT, and our team has to work in super-high stress levels when we’re needed. Come prepared with as much team experience as you can...and no, playing Co-Op on the Xbox doesn’t count! :p

Remember, they're making snap judgments about your appearance, how you speak of yourself, and how you hold yourself throughout the interview...treat the interview like a first date - speak smoothly, brag about yourself (but not too much), put on your "I'm a happy worker bee" face, and swoon them with all you've got.

10. Triactus

Media:
    Oh, I meant that the recession affecting me because they were compressions at work and being the last one in two years ago, I'm the first one out. But thanks anyways for the interview tips! :) I'm actually going to go job hunting soon. Right now, I'm taking advantage of the situation and taking my two weeks vacation (I didn't have any this year and was working ridculously hard since july)...

Actually, two years ago, when I applied for the job, they wanted someone who lived in Ontario (I live in Québec) because of a certain tax refund for companies in Ontario if they have a certain quota of french speaking Ontario citizens, and they wanted someone from a specific college (I went to Ottawa U, another school). I went to the interview and nailed the job on the spot even though... :D

11. Saber

Damnit, could have gotten an A- on my Horror Stories paper if I hadn't made such stupid syntactical mistakes... I can't believe I did, especially after how much I re-read it. The A- would have definitely helped buffer a grade I know will fall after the final. (Especially since the only graded things are two papers and the final...)

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Woo!

I's be gradiating next week! I's be smrt! :xx:

Unfortunatly, it's only for my AAS. I've still got another 2-3 years left until I get my :bs: degree in Electronics Engineering... :bad:

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Congratulations and good luck with your future studies :)

14. Saber

If we don't finish up our documentary today, we are screwed. So I will probably be pulling an all-nighter in the lab.

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Right now I'm basically a thesis away from completing my BS. I doubt the thesis will provide too much of headache but I'm still not quite sure in which direction I want to continue with my Masters and it's a choice I'll be facing rather soon. Accounting is also being a complete pain at the moment. I wish they'd learn to divide assignments evenly during the course instead of throwing it all to the final two weeks of the course!

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Another [censored] week begins. I [censored] HATE working weekends, and I [censored] hate the [censored] [censored] who I'll be cutting shifts with in a few hours.

Damn, is getting a [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] promotion so [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] hard?!?!?

I'm in [censored] 6:32 mode, and I [censored] want to [censored] destroy something soo [censored] bad. If anybody [censored] pisses me off today, I'm [censored] ripping their [censored] face off and use the [censored] skull as a [censored] flowerpot because nature is good, and nature's the only thing that temporarily allows me to sublimate the anger and frustration before it once again turns in a boiling mass of hatred, frustration and evil intentions.

17. Triactus

Media:
    Isn't that your normal mode? :p

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, the 6:32 mode (currently) has two degrees. If I say I'm in 6:32, I'm in my normal, pissed off SOB self. If I use any kind of swear word prior to 6:32, which I did, this means I'm in [censored] 6:32, the current highest level I am so far able to attain. Expect double-expletive, triple-expletive, and quite possibly quadruple-expletive, depending on just how much I can push the threshold of anger, hatred and frustration.

19. Triactus

Media:
    :lol: I now see the distinction... :)

20. Saber

Working in the lab still... definitely an all nighter. We're close(ish).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.