1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen Book 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "tis always sad to loose a comrad. He was a right good fighter and we will miss him."

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kelvados and Delinos stood in silence, in honor of their new-found friend. Kelvados placed his hand on Nakia's shoulder.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex stood back from the crowd. He felt as if he had failed the young prince, but was wise enough to know that comrades would fall. It's wasn't the first time Jex had lost a friend.

"Guide him Ilmater. Let him find his kin." Was all Jex said before continueing on towards the villiage where it had all started.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia gently touched Kelvados' hand on her shoulder then turned and followed Jex. She hoped they would be able to spend a night in the inn. A bath would be nice and although the food wasn't what she really liked it would make a change from trail fare.

As she walked (automatically keeping an eye out for trouble) she also thought.

I wonder what comes next. Seems Kelvados and Delinos still have an enemy to face and Maron has some artifact to retrieve from somewhere. Then there's that message about my home. Sepp and I need to go there. Hope the others will go with us. A bit of ways from here and good company is always welcome on a journey. Got to work on me knief throwing. Haven't got the strength of Kelvados but with a little practice I should be able to hit a vital spot. Add a little poison and it won't make much difference where I hit. Kelvados is a good comrad. Haven't had much to do with drows but Kelvados and Delinos seem much like other folk I've known.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados and Delinos walked after Jex, and were confused. They seemed to have a permanent smile on their face, and their guess was that they were excited to have friends for once.

The night was fast approaching and the brothers were getting tired.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp waited for a few more moments, and when it seemed that no one else had anything to say, he beckoned to the earth, and it took Alexi into its womb for one last time. He heard some passionate murmurings underground, and thought about listening in, but then left the father and son to their reunion in private.

It wasn't long to the village, but night had fallen by the time they arrived. It seemed that most of the damage from the Fellowship of the Serpent's attack had been repaired, but then, it had been almost two months ago, though it seemed much less to Sepp.

The fisherfolk seemed to take no notice of them as they entered the tavern. A few in robes looked at Atten and Sepp in awe, but dared not approach them. Amazingly, the fat, drunk dwarf who had been there when Sepp first arrived and tried to follow them was still there, and still dead drunk passed out on a table. Plus there were others, not locals, gathered about at various tables, looking curiously at the group as they gathered at a large table.

"First, we need a feast." Nakia said. "Bartender! Large platters of everything you've got on the stove and in the pots. Your best wines, finest ales. Cold sausages, cakes and sweetbreads. And a round for everyone in the house on me. Tonight, we celebrate being alive!" Then she tossed a small bag of gold at the bartender. Sepp was sure he'd seen her the night before with the same bag, but full of copper pieces.

After everyone had eaten thier fill and gotten a little loose from the ale, Sepp asked them, "Where should we go from here?"

7. Nakia

Media:
    "To get a hot bath and a good night's sleep in a bed. And I saw that look, Sepp, when I tossed the bag of gold to the barkeep. We deserve it and the locals can use it. I promise I won't just turn copper into gold except if really needed. Wonder if Gesard is back. Be nice to take him with us if those clerics will give him up. I think he would want to be with you."

She spoke softly so as to not be overheard by anyone not in their party. The locals had gone back to their usual noisy talking and drinking. A few of the visitors still glanced their way from time to time.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Delphinae, who had been silent so far, suddenly spoke up. "East. We must head east."

Inquiries as to why were met only only with a cryptic, "The sun must rise upon us all."

9. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia stared at Delphinae. "East? But I need to go west to my home. At least I think so. Why must the sun rise on us? " Then she mutters but loudly enough for the others to hear, "Prophets, I'm surrounded by freaking prophets. Oh for the life of a simple rogue." She shakes her head at Del but smiles wanely, "If Sepp goes east I go east. Oh, he could survive easily without me but it's me job and besides I like him and he's my cousin."

With that she stretches, pokes at the food and then says, "But before the sun rises I want a bath and a wee bit of sleep in a real bed."

10. Benan Gems: 20/31

"I'll go with Sepp." Jex said quietly sipping from a glass of ale. "He's saved my gray ass a couple of times, I kind of would like to return the favour eventually."

"As for me, I have gold to spend and items to discard and learn about. When you are ready to leave I'll meet you at the gates."

With the Jex walked off to the room he had paid for many months ago.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados and Delinos had both fallen asleep in their chairs.

12. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex found a merchant who worked outside the boundries. Pulling a small pouch from under his cloak he opened it and poured out some rings and amulets that they he had "found" during the last couple months. Most of them came from the people and such that Jex had killed.

After about an hour Jex learned that some of the rings had magical properties, but most just fany trinkets. He walked out of the shop a little richer and with some new jewlery.

As he entered the inn, he waved to Nakia and Sepp and continued up to his room.

13. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp had eaten his fill of hot food and felt warm and fuzzy from the ale. He closed his eyes and appeared to drift off to sleep. He suddenly opened them and looked at Del.

"Delphinae, you're right. We must go east, though I can't figure out why or if it is for our good or ill. How do you know? Are you aware of the River too? Do you see the mists?"

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Delphinae seemed to snap out of the trance at the sound of Sepp's voice. "East? Why would we go east?" She sounded almost fearful, and even gave Sepp a suspicious look that was gone again in the blink of an eye. "No, w-we should go west."

[ December 16, 2005, 20:06: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

15. Scot

Sepp looked at Delphinae again, trying to figure out what she was thinking. He was too tired. "Well, we don't need to decide right now. Looks like what we do need to do is wake those two sleepy heads over there up and all go to bed. Maybe after we sleep on it we'll know what we should do." He woke up Delinos and Kelvados, and they went upstairs to their rooms. Sepp hoped he would have good dreams, for once.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia had ordered a hot bath in her room. She stripped down and climbed in. As she soaked in the luxury of hot water she thought about what Del had said. The going east did seem a prophetic statement. She would talk to Sepp about it. He too seemed to think they should go east. His powers had grown astonishingly in a relative short time. If he said they should do something she figured they had better do it.

Climbing out of the tub and drying off she washed her clothes and hung them over a chair near the window hoping they would dry by morning. Slipping into bed she fell dreamily to sleep hoping nothing would wake her during the night.

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados and Delinos had already slept, so they stayed up in their room, repairing their items and restocking on some potions.

"So you and that hobbit are quite close I see."

"Who? Nakia? Ya, she's a talented surfacer. She's a lot like us, you know."

"Pfft, I doubt that."

"Well, regardless, she is. She is stealthy and could teach you a thing or two about trap-setting."

He looked up. "Her? Teach me?? No. I don't think so. Now I'm going to bed. So shut up."

"F**k off Delinos! You can be such an a** sometimes!" He got under his covers.

He's not acting like a Drow at all, Delinos thought.

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex was awake. He didn't need much sleep and had been haveing problems sleeping since he had died. The fight against the Marilith didn't help. When he closed his eyes he could feel her swords in his arms pinning him against the tree.

He sat down at the table where this had all began for him. Drinking the same ale and eating the same fish. He wondered about what his companions were doing but figured that most would be sleeping.

19. Scot

Sepp woke up. He felt like he had slept for days. He couldn't remember if his dreams had been good or bad, or if he had dreamt at all. He was hungry, and could smell the wonderful aroma of sausages wafting up from the kitchen, along with the sound of someone singing. As he listened to the words, with a shock he realized that the song was about Atten, and himself, and the rest of the group. How the Saint and the Prophet had restored the balance, and how the Gray Hero had held off Blade Singer longer than any other mortal but one. Then the song was over, and there was just some playing on an instrument.

Sepp got dressed and went downstairs, to eat and to see who all was there.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Hello Sepp, did you sleep well?" Jex asked from his seat. It was the same corner booth that he and Sepp had sat at many months ago. "Have you decided where we shall be going? It doesn't matter to me North, south, east, west, the sky or the underdark. I'll follow and help."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.