1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - Book 3

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp felt a stirring within himself. He was scared. Very scared. Ancient scrolls talking about HIM? Orc gods and battles?

He'd always imagined himself as one of the heroes of the bedtime stories Ma and Pa would tell, but never imagined that he would actually be in one, much less seemingly in the center of one.

But then he looked around at all his friends, very capable friends, he reminded himself. They'd returned the Earth's Heart. If they couldn't do whatever it was that needed doing together, then it just couldn't be done.

He nodded at them all, holding the Staff of the Tree tightly in his small hands.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Battles ahead? Why do there always have to be 'Battles Ahead'?" moaned Atten.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Since she felt the same way Nakia smiled and nodded at Atten then turned to Sepp, "Halfling is what humans named us because we are roughly half their size but the name we call ourselves is Hin. There is much I do not know myself but I remember my parents talking about your mother, Sepp. She was a druid and an important one."

Nakia spoke carefully and thoughtfully as she repeated the conversation with Ciana. "If we are correct then you are of great importance and also in great danger. Only the druids at home can tell us for sure but my dreams have instilled this urgent need to return home in me."

She got up and walked over to the still sleeping Kongol then went back to the others. Addressing the healers in the group she asked, "How fairs Kongol? Will he be fit to travel soon?"

With a very serious look on her face she surveyed the group, "If Ciana and I understand this rightly we will face worse than we have already fought. If Gruumish has discovered where the Eye is hid then we face the rage of a god. I believe that we have all been called in some way to be part of this but the choice is still yours. Kelvados and Delinos should be here but the black darkness has touched them. I know not what part Elendia plays in this but some part we all play. In fairness I stress to you the danger. Think of the worst danger you have ever faced and double that, nay, triple it. You can still turn back. If any need funds I can and will provide it. I would not blame you if you left. Ayee, would that I could take Sepp and go hide in his valley but I cannot. It may sound melodramatic but I fear the fate of Faerun hangs on the decisions we make tonight."

4. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Although his body was in rest and mostly sleep. His mind was not, the constant image of his past was stronger than before, it was as if someone intended to be that way.

(Fire and many people screaming can be heard on the background).

“Father, why such destruction. If they are part of us, why do we need to eradicate them?” the girl asks while she watches another innocent being kill by one of the emperors guards, “There were a mistake to begin with, there is no point for then to be in here. There filthy lives are insignificant, there a waste to our resources. Why do you care Miranda?

As the question was given, another shack was deliberately put on fire, more screams can be heard inside, and three bodies emerge out of the home. A female half-giant can be heard pleading for the live of his sons. The emperor moves in front of the woman and then asks for a sword from one of the guardsmen. The emperor lifts the blade to deal the fatal blow; the taller of the two sons leaps in front in the attempt to stop the emperor, however unsuccessful he is killed by the blade and so is the mother.

"Nooo, mother" the last kid cries, as it leans to cover the lifeless bodies of his family.

“Stupid kid, there is nothing to protect!” the emperor yells as it prepared to dig the sword thru the body of the kid.

“Father, him” the girl interrupts as it points at the crying kid, “He must go on with his life". The emperor looks at her in disbelieve, “Why would I keep this pest alive? It means nothing to you, I already told you, they all most die…”

(The dream fades away as the sound of lighting can be heard on the night sky)

Kongol wakes as soon as the dream is over; his face is covered on cold sweat. He sits and sees the group is sitting together.

“So… are we ready to move?”

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Kongol what is wrong? You look terrible." Nakia tries ineffectively to push Kongol back down on his bed. "Rest a bit more we leave soon but we all need to rest. Those monsters were horrible what are they?"

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Back up for a moment, Nakia. You said you can and will provide us with funds? Where are you going to get funds from, out here in the desert? Do you have some sort of secret rogue's stash out here?"

7. Maurolava

"I'm okay; don't worry about me, we most move soon" Kongol sighs and tries to clean his forehead.

"Those monsters, the glutons..." Kongol catches his breath "...there are foul creatures, creations of evil. But why are they here, I yet don't understand"

8. Nakia

Media:
    Gently taking hold of one of Kongol's large fingers she presses her face to his hand then turns to Atten. "You forget the Stone Sepp's mother gave me. With it I can change one kind of metal into another. There is metal in this sand and I can change it into gold dust. I would not do it except in an emergency but this is an emergency."

Turning back to Kongol she quickly fills him in on the prior discussion and sits back to see his reaction.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The nurses had long since gone to bed and Delinos leapt up to aid his brother. Before he could get onto his feet, the pain of his previous battle with Kelvados rushed back. He yelped in pain, and wondered where the nurses could be, especially with such critically injured patients. Delinos could feel the immense pain with every fibre of his being, with every hearbeat, every blink. He ground his teeth together, and planted his feet firmly on the ground. He had not moved any of his extremities, such as fingers or toes in a long while. A wave of anger washed over him as he recalled how the nurses, in their attempt to aid the Drow brothers, poisoned them with their human medicines.

Delinos looked down at his left foot, his brother's head close by. "Move your big toe." He whispered to himself, staring at his foot. "Move your big toe." The toe wiggled.

Delinos gasped, then regained his serious demeanor, and continued, this time a little louder; "Move your big toe!" The toe bent back and forth. Delinos grinned, and soon after, he had gotten his whole left foot moving. This should be enough for now.

Delinos pushed himself off his bed, as his arms were flimsy and weak. He landed with a soft thud next to his ailing brother. He grabbed his satchel from underneath the cot with his teeth, and spilled the contents on the floor. Which is it!? Which is it?! The partially paralyzed Drow pushed several bottles and sacks around with his nose, until finally, he found a small red leather pouch with an Elven rune on the outside.

He pulled the ties that were binding the pouch and poured out its contents. It was a burgandy powder, and it almost seemed to move in slow motion as it fell to the ground. Delinos dug in his pile of alchemic tools and found a dropper, and a strange green liquid which he so happily called, goop. He poured the goop onto the burgandy powder. Soon enough, the dust and goop together formed a bubbling mass of bluish foam. It sent little flecks of blue and purple light dancing on the wall of their room, making Delinos smile.

His right arm had somewhat regained movement and muscle, and so he took a handful of the foam and rubbed it on Kelvados' neck and head. Almost instantly, the bleeding stopped, and the heavy breathing slowed. His skin became fuller, and his muscles flexed as his body recognized its revived power. Delinos rubbed some on himself, hoping it would cure his injuries as well as his brother's.

Delinos' vision swam, and he lay down peacefully across from his brother, and together they slept. "We'll find Viconia.."

10. Nakia

Media:
    After getting a few hours rest the group rose early, quickly broke their fast and started off on the road west. It was a quiet group and all were watching out for those glutons or anything else strange. As the sun rose it began to heat up.

They were passing a rocky area when suddenly a halfling ran out from the rocks. He headed to Sepp falling on his knees and grabbing his leg. "Help us, brother. Attacked and my brother hurt bad." The halfling jumped up and pulled Sepp towards the rocks. Nakia took after them, "Sepp wait." But they disappeared behind the rocks. As Nakia sped around the rocks she saw a horrific sight. Five or six unfriendly halflings surrounded Sepp with a horde of orcs moving around. Behind them were two orc shamans readying spells that Nakia had a feeling were aimed at Sepp.

[ January 17, 2007, 05:00: Message edited by: Nakia ]

11. Harbourboy

"Aaargh! Not more battles!" complained Atten angrily. He really wished people wouldn't keep attacking them all the time!

Strangely, Atten found that his anger (along with a good night's rest) provided a bit of energy for his otherwise diminished powers. Without too much effort (and possibly against his conscious wishes) he managed to transform into the only wildshape he had ever previously attained, that of the fearsome tree squirrel.

Atten the squirrel scampered menacingly at one of the orc shaman, raced up it's body and bit the brute in the ear. The shaman batted the squirrel away easily, but had to restart its spell from the beginning again.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow"

Atten landed safely, but soon found that the hot desert sands were burning his unbooted squirrel feet. He quickly changed back into human form and looked to see what would happen next.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae, keeping the rear guard, heard a familiar sound. A small explosion; one of Nakia's bullets. Whipping around, she saw the rest of the companions looking around suspiciously, except for the halflings and the druid, who were missing.

"Where's Nakia?!?" Del shouted, running up to the front of the group. A pointing finger from Kongol sent her on her way, with a shout at the others to follow. Cresting over one large rock, she saw the tableau of orcs and halflings below her. Nocking an arrow in her bow, the ranger couldn't help smirking. Outnumbered but not outmatched; now this is more like it. If there were some trees around I might even feel at home.

An orc fell as Delphinae nocked a second arrow.

13. Harbourboy

"What a shot!" cheered Atten from a safe distance away from Delphinae's well aimed arrow.

14. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"After fighting demons, elementals, ghosts, and everything else imaginable. I welcome simple orcs." Jex said quietly wadeing into the fray. Within a few second three orcs lay at his feet.

"Nakia, do you want me to kill the shaman?" Jex asked as he fought his way next to the halfling warrior. "For one of my abilities and strengths."

Waiting for an answer he calmly cut down another orc with a simple slash.

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana ran up next to her Del and pulling out her lute started playing a song as she played some of the Orcs stopped and became fascinated with the beautiful Bard. Next at a suggestion from Ciana they fell upon their fellows first felling the Shamans and then attacking the half-orcs, some fell with grievous injuries but still tried to fight on for their mistress.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Seeing the Shamans fall Nakia calmly but unhappily returned to killing halflings. It was a fair fight as they knew each other moves but Nakia had spent hours in training and moved through the halfling acrobatic dance of roll and tumble, spring and leap with ease. Sepp also knew this type of fighting and if only they hadn't been halflings she would have enjoyed herself.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados rose, a bit stiff from the night on the floor. And his nose was still clogged from his bloody fall, his mouth had that metallic taste as if he were sucking on iron. He stood up, he was fine. He still was sore in the places were his wounds were, but it was scar tissue there. Kelvados sighed, his chest was horribly scarred from the third degree burns he recieved from... his brother. Delinos was sleeping below him. "He must of healed me," thought Kelvados. "But can I put that behind me. We both tried to kill eachother, and it will take time for me to forgive him of poison."

Kelvados pondered, he wanted to stay, he wanted it to be like it used to be. But it won't, it might be best for them to split up for awhile. To head a different direction, and meet back in the future. Maybe the tension will be less. Kelvados went out side, he needed clothes. Actually he was naked at the moment, he past blushing maids and nurses, and found the room. His bags were there, some coins were missing, too few to be detected, unless ofcourse you only have 9 old coins, and then you find you have 7. He got his brothers equipement as well. On the way back, he went into the washing room, and plucked a couple shirts and breechs. Surprisingly he found an armoury, he took himself a leather jerkin and leggins, and took a knife and sword. He eyed a bow, he didn't really know how to use it, but he took it anyway with a quiver. "I'll learn."

Some of the employees protested at his takings, but they didn't seem candid in going to a dispute about it. He entered their room, he tossed his brother's gear on him, and sat himself down. Delinos groaned, and opened his eyes, he propped himself on his elbows, and squinted up at him.

"We need to talk." Kelvados said.

[ January 17, 2007, 20:21: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

18. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp had rushed off to help the halfling, he could see in his eyes that this fellow really did need his help. So he had been totally surprised when he and other halflings started attacking him. He was sure there must be some kind of bad magic at work there. But there was nothing to do but defend himself.

With the Staff of the Tree he blocked several attacks, and dropped one halfling to the ground, a solid blow to the diaphragm knocked the wind out of him and another to the groin assured that he would stay out of the fight until it was over. Another leapt at him, and Sepp sidestepped, then smashed the staff into his opponents back, just below the shoulder blades. A gruesome cracking sound followed, and the halfling threw his arms up, falling to the ground with a motionless lower body.

Sepp had a moments respite to look around and appraise the situation. They were still somewhat outnumbered, but the fight was definitely going to be theirs. He stayed on guard over the two downed but still living halflings. He had some questions he wanted to ask him when this was over.

19. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

As Ciana's fanatic orcs fought their brethren and the half-orcs, she put her lute and strung her bow again. Standing next to Del she fired arrows into the fray, each arrow bursting into flame as it hit. The tide had turned and now the mopping up started.

20. Maurolava

Kongol staggered since his legs and arms were still tired and sore from last night battle, he removed the axe out of the gluton's skull. He was worried about Nakia, nothing much was said after Kongol expressed his concern over her. He did not think much of it and moved to where the commotion was.

When he finally reached the battle, most of the Halfling were down, either by Del arrows or Jex, Sepp and Nakia good melee.

A lost looking Halfling walked backwards apparently to escape sure dead. Kongol pick him up with one hand from his skull "Who are you? What are you attacking us for? Answer me!" Kongol yelled at him showing him the blade of his axe.

[ January 19, 2007, 01:27: Message edited by: Maurolava ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.