1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - Book 3

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"I would enjoy the company. Especially if my skills fail me. Just as a warning. I was seriously injured in my last battle, and I don't know how my body has responded. I might not be able to fight at all." He said with a quiet voice. Almost as if the very thought saddened him.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia looked at Jex with concern but couldn't think of anything to say or do. Some things people had to work out for themselves.

"Ciana, you said there is a small window to the barracks. Maybe I could get in the window. I have some fire oil and one of those tossed through the window ought to cause some trouble. With the tie Jex and I have I can sneak back to the window and let him know when I'm ready."

She checks her gear, "Ready when ever you are."

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron stepped forwards, and held her hands to her chest.

"Where should I go? My healing spells could be of great use, and I have more than a few offensive prayers, not to mention charms. How can I aid you all?"

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana looked over at Nakia "That's a good idea, also we can ensure that the majority of the guards are in the barracks. As for you Maron, once we get there I'd suggest you and Kongol go with the brothers, while I guard Del from harm. I'll know when to distract him from my link with him, brothers promise me at the end that none shall suffer at his hands again."

Ciana started looking through her bag and then pulled out some bottles handing two to the brothers and one to Jex she said "They are haste potions, they should last a good 15 minutes but will leave you very tired after that, use them at the right time"

[ April 10, 2006, 12:54: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

5. Daie d'Malkin

Maron nodded, and raised a hand. She gave her friends Sune's blessing, sending the divine magic flowing through them all. She chanted another spell, which greatly increased the strength of all affected, before another prayer which turned her skin and clothes to stone. She knew all too well how fragile she was, so a stone skin was a prerequisite of any battle. She drew her glass-headed mace, and smiled grimly.

"Shall we go then?"

6. DarkStrider

Ciana said "One last thing" as she pulled two quivers out of her bag "Once I see smoke coming from the barracks, I'm going to use some fire-arrows on the roof to set fire to it; it looks like it's made of tarred straw and so should burn well. Kongol if you leave Del against the tree I'll look after her"

7. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Elendia raised her hands and prayed to Tyr, the group glowed as her recitation spell settle about them. "I will cover your back Jex, if you will cover mine."
    She pulled her mace from her belt and put her arm through the handles of her shield. The head of her mace started to glow slightly and vibrate visibly. Those around her looked at it strangely. "It is just as eager as I am." She stated simply, smiling.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Lets' slow down on the spell casting. We need to arrive before we can prepare to fight. We still have a while to go. I won't need the haste potion. My amulet can supply with that and it won't wear me out." Jex said calmly to the others. They had all got caught up inthe fever of the moment not realizeing they still had many miles to walk and they still needed Del to come to.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia nods at Jex, "Right but the sooner started the sooner there. Lead on, brothers, Ciana."

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

As the walk continue, with the Drow brothers leading the way, Kongol tried to think about what the upcoming battle will be like, he had never had to over come such a powerful foe, and did not what to expect form him or his minions.

The brothers were very quiet and Ciana seem distant, Jex and Elendia look actually excited as if there were ready for there part on the overtaking of this Turturus.
    As per Nakia, well, Kongol was very impress about her, “such a small body, but so much resilience, it is most admirable,” Kongol said to himself. In addition, even though that Del was still out, he could feel strength coming form his body.

After a while Kongol approach Ciana, “What would you have me do, I don’t believe that could fit in the window that you describe, and Jex and Elendia are already determine to help I the outside, so how should I combat our foes inside this barracks”

11. DarkStrider

"Well I think the barracks are well covered with Nakia's fire oil to cause problems and Jex and Elendie to hold the door, I think Jex needs to do this for himself for some reason that I'm not sure of.

"The brothers will need yours and Maron's help most in the battle against the mage, I will distract him as much as possible through the mind-link while protecting Del. Do you have a ranged weapon you could use? If not use your speed and abilities to hit the mage hard and fast, use the advantage of your reach and keep moving so that he cannot target you easily. If yes use it quickly and from various points the more often you are hit trying to cast the harder it is.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

12. Benan Gems: 20/31

"I need to do this for myself, because I lost a fight." Jex said quietly. "But enough planning lets get moveing. We can finalize our planes when we get closer to Waterdeep."

13. Nakia

Media:
    They quickly arrived at Torturus's quarters. Before them was a squat tower with a tarred straw roof. Off to the side was a large rectangular, two story wooden building.

Nakia motioned to the others to wait and blending with the shadows she raced to the side of what was probably the barracks. Yes, on the side was a small window, just large enough for a halfling. She leapt to the window just able to cling there. Inside was a large room with humans and orcs engaged in various activites.

Using her link to Jex she let him know she was in place. As soon as he let her know he was in place near the door she tossed the fire bomb into the center of the room, dropped to ground and headed speedily back to the others.

A loud explosion swept the compound, flames licked from the walls. The gauntlet thrown the fight was on.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae winced at the explosion and groaned, "Ohhhhh, my head." Trying to roll over, she only succeeded in flopping off of Kongol's shoulder and onto the cobblestones of the courtyard, landing in an undignified heap. A second later she recovered and rolled abruptly to her feet, swaying for a moment as if drunk.

"What happened? Where am I?" Disoriented, she tried to latch onto a familiar landmark, but not even Kongol jogged her memory as she hadn't really known him. The sound of splintering wood from behind her made her whirl around, staggering again at the abruptness of her own action. A lone figure stood with swords drawn as a mob rushed out from a burning building.

"Jex," Del breathed as her focus suddenly returned with a flash of his handsome face in her memory. Pushing past the unknown half-giant, she mumbled "Shoot first, ask questions later" as she loosed her first arrow at the charging soldiers.

15. DarkStrider

Ciana seeing Del apparently okay and fighting quickly dispatched 3 fire arrows into the roof which caught fire quickly. "Kangol come with me" she said as she made her way to the door of the tower where she could already see the brothers and Maron entering.

Posting as Torturus

His head came up as he heard the explosion outside, the experiment he was working on flared briefly as he twitched and added too much of a reagent, the resultant flying liquid and and glass cut and burnt his hands. With a stifled curse he plunged his hands into a bucket of cold water and inspected the damage they were itching but he would survive.

Composing himself he cast a spell and directed a message at the Drow
    "SO YOU ARE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO ATTACK ME HERE, DROW..." then a clear female voice broke into his thoughts
    "HELLO CALDAR REMEMBER ME? IT'S TIME FOR DEBTS TO BE PAID, YOU'RE GOING DOWN"

His thoughts tumbled over one another as he stumbled down the stairs into the library where the Drow and some woman already were, as he gathered himself together a woman came through the door and an arrow sped it's way towards him from her bow. It couldn't be her, he'd broken her and marked her as his; her name was a broken whisper on his lips "Ci-ana?" as the aroow thudded into his shoulder followed by a brief burning sensation.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Maron's first chant brought a sphere down over herself and the brothers. As much as she wanted to aid Ciana, she was too far away to be affected by the spell.

Having given a measure of magic resistance to the brothers, she began to chant again, this time calling for fire. SHe sang out the last word, and a pillar of flame descended from the heavens, through the roof, and towards the mage.

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos spied his chance to strike Torturus down, and he ran along the wall and flipped over, katanas drawn and pointed straight at Torturus's unsuspecting shoulder. Suddenly Torturus centered himself and blasted Delinos against the opposing wall. Through the dust of Delinos's fall came Kelvados, great sword ready, dodging fire and magic. He slashed at Torturus with a strange, unknown strength, but it was parryed by a smooth move of a bracer. Kelvados retreated as the mage began a defensive spell.

18. DarkStrider

Ciana muttered to Kangol "Remember reach and movement are your advantages, good luck" she moved further into the room strumming now on her lute she started singing, the song spoke of strength and courage lifting the allies spirits as they fought.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia followed the others into the Library. Large as the room was it was filled with the combatents as well as bookshelves and other furnishings. As she looked around her rogue sense kicked and she yelled: "Ware! Traps!" With that she proceeded to hunt for traps and disarm them as found; hoping Torturus was too distracted to notice her.

20. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

With Ciana's words, Kongol close his eyes for a moment just to yell in Rage "Come-on Mage". Kongol started to charge towards Torturus hitting one of his minions on the head with is axe, sending him flying across the room.

By the time that he reach the mage, Torturus had finish chanting his defense spell, but with out no care Kongol swung his axe just to miss by the mist of his spell; Kongol counter his own movement with the weight of his body and try to hit him again, this time to be stop by the mage's bracer, but it had broken it. The hit did a some harm to the mage but nothing sufficient.

Kongol move back, as Torturus started to chant a new spell quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.