1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - Book 3

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Before the first wave of the orcs reached Jex, he enacted the magic of his amulet. He would heal, and now moved at twice the speed he normally could. "Be with me Illmater." He quietly whispered as the first orc lunged clumsily at the half drow.

Flicking his wrist, his scimitar sheared the orcs spear, bringing his other blade across at head height he had to sidestep as the headless body of the orc stumbled to the ground. In a flash the half drow entered into his battle dance. His blades slashing, spinning, thrusting, parrying. Splashes of blood fell like rain. Before long the drow was covered head to tow. His normally white hair stained red.

[ April 24, 2006, 04:27: Message edited by: Benan ]

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos blinked his eyes groggily as he got up from the floor. He quickly parried and killed an oncoming half-goblin, and started to chant a spell. The energy around him started to boil, and soon he looked like he was on fire. He screamed a death cry and ran through the minions, setting some on fire, and some just exploding from the heat.

The others noticed that they weren't being affected, so they kept on fighting. When Delinos reached the mage, he was in a similar sphere, only his was of cool ice magic. The two fought with fists only, and occasionally blasted each other with a useless bit of magic. Torturus tried to teleport away, to the upper level of the library, but Delinos followed, and soon he had blasted the mage into the previous floor. Torturus angrily swiped at Delinos's defense and blew him into a pillar. He didn't move, so the powerful mage proceeded to hunt the shadowed one. The Hobbit.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31

A sword slipped though and touched the links of Jex's armour. Not hard enough to cause serious harm, but hard enough for the half drow to feel it and get a little frustrated his arms were hurting and he seemed slow. He knew he would regain his skills in time, and this was a good fight to start with.

An arrow thudded into a human who was rushing at Jex's back, he knew it had come from Del and was thankful. The tide began to slow. Many orcs and humans and other such foul minions had died or lost their will to fight with the fire bombing from Nakia.

A circle of bodies lay near Jex, most of the wounds wer precise, no human, and few others could have fought like that, but Jex was still dissapointed with himself. He still felt the ache from The Bladesingers swords pinning his arms against the tree.

Leaving the battle Jex sprinted towards the mages tower. His friends might need his help.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana watched the mage come back down the stairs after blasting Delinos he seemed intent on something on the floor.

Ciana swapped her lute for her bow concentrating carefully, she let fly, the arrow hit Torturus to the right of his left shoulder blade and bit deep. An anguished cry came from the mage as he turned to face this new threat a second arrow hit him in his left armpit as he turned again biting deep.

The mage looked at Ciana with a hint of madness now burning in his eyes "You were mine once bitch and you will be again, after I deal with this rabble"

"Never again" spat Ciana as she loosed a third arrow the mage tried to deflect it with his bracers forgetting they were broken and the arrow passed through the forearm lodging there and causing the mage to scream in pain.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia concentrated on the traps, aware of but ignoring the fight around her. Sparks from the burning roof fell into the room and she stomped on them as she passed. In an out-of-the-way corner she came across a particularly devious trap. With a little patience she soon had it disarmed. Inside was an scroll, old and yellowed. She carefully placed it in a bag. That was all so she continue her search but finding no more traps she turned to the battle just in time to avoid being skewered by a goblin. A knife took care of him. She stepped back into a shadowy cubicle to get her bearings.

6. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

During the charge Elendia had been covering the rear. One moment she was watching Jex, and the next everything went black. She woke up feeling foolish. She had promised to cover Jex's back but forgot to watch her own. She slowly looked around at the carnage and figured Jex had dealt with whatever it was that knocked her out. She cast a quick healing spell and ran towards the sound of the ongoing fight. She approached a doorway, a battle raged on the other side. She started praying to Tyr as she charged into the room. She dropped and rolled to her knees next to Del. She finished her spell and her companions shimmered as the Recitation spell took effect. She looked at Del, and smiled, "Sorry I'm late." She brought her shield up just in time to splinter two arrows aimed at her head. Seeing a goblin aiming a bow at Jex, Elendia asked maother nature for help. The roof above the goblin was incinerated as the sunscorch spell turned the goblin into cinders. She turned again, swinging her mace out wide, smashing the jaw of an unlucky orc, the skulls on the mace biting and tearing into the orc's flesh.

7. DarkStrider

Ciana let loose one last arrow, Torturus managed to deflect this one with the other bracer his eyes showing the pain he was in and the madness that lay underneath his power and cruelty. Ciana now had dropped her bow and drawn her sword, she moved in and slashed at his weakened left side, he managed to stumble out of the way his left arm dangling loosely at his side. Next she lunged at his right side this time he almost got away but a cut appeared on his right biceps and blood started dripping down the arm. Then in an obviously practiced move she took a small step left spun on the left foot and drove forward in a thrust to his throat, blood sprayed out as she ripped open the artery; she kicked his legs out from under him, standing over him she said "For what you did to me and the brothers, and others unknown. Die Bastard, die" with this she drove her sword into the centre of his chest straight into the heart.

"Corellon! It is done, my thanks for your aid" she looked around the room as she said this looking to see if anything was left and how everyone was. Delinos seemed the worst injured seemingly lifeless at the base of a pillar but no enemies remained alive. They appeared remarkably unscathed apart from Delinos, Ciana spoke "Could someone look at Delinos, please" as she said this the rush of battle was fading and she sat down next to the body, her sword a cross standing up from his chest.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia goes over to Delinos. He is alive but unconscious. "Kelvados, I have potions but can't give them to him when he's unconscious. Can you bring him to?"

She looks around the room. The top floor is burning and sparks drift down to the library. "Elendia, can you help Delinos? We need to get out of here before the place collapses."

Kelvados lifts Delinos and carries him out the door. The others follow checking to make sure there are no enemies around. They move into the woods nearby and Kelvados gently lays Delinos down. Nakia stands nearby patiently waiting for Delinos to awaken. She holds a healing potion ready in her hand.

9. DarkStrider

Ciana picked up her bow and pulled her sword out of the body of Torturus and followed the others she pulled off her mask and used it to clean her sword of blood. She saw Kelvados lay his brother down gently and moved in that direction, "May I cast healing on him Kelvados?" she gently asked; at a nod she concentrated and laying her hands over Delinos she felt the healing energy flowing through her to Delinos. As they watched some of the bruise on his head faded away and his eyelids fluttered as he became conscious with a groan "Be calm Delinos it is over now, he is dead, rest and drink this potion that Nakia has for you".

Turning back to the tower she looked and said "We should check out the tower before it burns away, I'm sure he collected some useful stuff over the years" and she laid her bow, quiver and sword aside and went back into the tower.

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

As Ciana came into the door of the tower, Kongol was just coming out, he was carrying a big chest box.

"Ciana, if you must go inside you better be careful, there is much smoke and flames, the roof is coming down hastly"

Kongol showed the chest to her, "Maybe you can help me with this, is very heavy and it has a big lock, I dare not bashing it"

11. DarkStrider

Ciana looked back at the brothers with the hovering halfling and shouted out "Nakia, Kongol has something for you skills" and then turning back to the half-giant "If you can make it over there to Nakia I just want to check his library quickly" and she dashed past him.

A few minutes later she came out her arms full of books and scrolls she sat down and quickly created three piles in front of her. The one pile of scrolls she handed to Kelvados, "These are mage scrolls and will be of use to you and your brother, as will these, his spellbooks. These others are clerical scrolls I will give them to Maron or Elendie for use".

12. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Kongol picked up the chest again and brought it to where Nakia, Delinos and Kelvados were. As Nakia was giving the last of her's potions to the brothers, Kongol put the chest down again.

"Nakia, I'm in need of your skill, the chest feels packed, but the big lock stops me from seen it's contents and I dare not bashing it. It may have good treasures"

Kongol then sat down, as he calm down after the Rage of the battle.

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados nodded at Ciana and jogged over to Delinos, who was lying at the base of the pillar he was thrown against. "Brother? Are you well?"

"I'm fine, and Torturus?"

"Dead. Our deed is done. I have but one question for you; are we to continue with these surfacers?"

"I don't know as of yet. Carry me out would you, I'd like to enjoy this victory before being burned to death," He paused, "Any of his spells saved?"

"Yes, the one called Ciana saved some for you, including his spellbooks. Can't you get up yourself?" Kelvados said with a smirk.

"Excellent, remind me to thank her. And no, did you not see the battle I held with him?!" The brothers laughed together, and Kelvados helped Delinos limp out of the burning building.

Kelvados set him down at the base of a large, elderly tree, and sat down next to him.

14. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia checks to make sure Delinos is alright and then turns to Kongol. She takes a look at the lock, fiddles with for a moment then steps back.

"There ye be, Kongol. You found it, you open it."

She looks around at the burning compound. Watches as the buildings crash to the ground, smoke billowing out and sparks flying around.

"I think we should find a spot to rest and then decide what we do next. I'm not familiar with this area. All I know is that west lies home for me.

Ciana, I found an old scroll well hidden and trapped. It is very brittle and delicate. Do you think you could help me open it and see what it is.?"

She frowns slightly, "There's a seal on it that I recognize. It is of a halfling group tall folks don't know about and, to be honest, I wouldn't ask your help except I don't want to damage the scroll. Might be important, might not."

15. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex poked his way through the bodies. All he had found so far was a magical throwing dagger. It made a wonderful addition to his weaponry. He had pocketed some of the gold he found and was allowing the ring to regenerate himself.

Finding the others he looked at Torturous's body. Looking at the remaining bracer he was stunned by the item. "Does anyone have a problem if I was to claim that? I know with most parties you claim what you kill. I would like it to protect my damaged arm."

16. DarkStrider

Ciana looke up from where she was cutting her arrows out to see if they were still whole, the one in the forearm was the only retrievable one. "Help yourself, if it can be put to some good use then that is all the better." Smiling at Jex she said "Let's see what else he has" after a few moments she found an amulet, a ring and a pouch; she opened the pouch and tipped a stack of gems of various sizes and types into her hand; whistling softly she tipped them back into the pouch. Mumbling under her breath quickly twice she pointed at first the amulet and then the ring.

Standing up she placed the pouch on her belt and then turning she looked at Jex "This is an amulet of Natural Armour, would you have use for one? I already have one. Let me know if you do?" She then walked over to Nakia pulling her to one side she said "This is a ring of Protection I think it owuld be of good use to you if you would have it?"

17. Nakia

Media:
    "Thank you, extra protection always welcome." She accepts the ring which sizes to fit her finger. "Handy they added that feature of resizing to magic things. I'd like to take a look at the scroll I found."

She carefully pulls out the scroll. It is yellowed and brittle from age and has a strange seal on it. Using her little thief knife she carefull loosens the seal.

"Ciana, if I just try to unroll it I think it will fall to pieces. Do you know a way or a spell to keep it whole?" She holds out the scroll to Ciana.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados wandered away from his brother's side, and went to look through the smouldering reckage. After upturning a large bookcase, he found a slender whip, most likely used for the slaves. He attached it to his belt, it would be a good addition to his collection.

Just as he was walking away, he noticed a bit of movement in his peripheral vision. He glanced down, only to see that the whip had become a large snake! Visions of home rushed through his head. The snake did not attack him, but seemed to wait for instruction.

Kelvados wondered for a moment, and then guessed that it was controlled by the owner's thoughts. And since its previous owner was gone, the first being it came in contact with became its new master. He sent a mind thought out, telling it to revert to its previous form. It did so, and he smiled, walking back to the tree where Delinos lay.

19. DarkStrider

Ciana looked at the scroll that Nakia handed seeing the seal she gasped "I thought they were just legend, not real..." she muttered to herself; shaking herslef mentally she looked at Nakia and said "Once we get to the temple there is an oil that they use for old scrolls to soak the paper and make it supple again without damaging the ink. It takes but an hour to do, and then you could unravel it safely. This is ancient halfling isn't it?"

Without realising Ciana had been talking to Nakia in halfling probably sub-consciously realising that the information contained therein was for halfling eyes only.

20. Nakia

Media:
    Answering in halfling, "Yes, they exist. Sepp's mother was one. There aren't many but they are important. Tall ones, especially humans, look down on us." She smiles a bit at that comment.

Speaking in common, "Can Delinos travel? We need to get going. Hey, Kongol, stop staring at the chest and open it. I promise you it won't bite."

She bounces around the group a little. "Oh, now this over I guess we don't have to stay together except maybe Del, Ciana and Maron. Should be temples to the west of here."

She looks rather sadly at the others. "Gee, I really like your company. I'll be sad to see us part."

She walks over by Delinos. "Don't know what your plans are but you're welcome to travel with me and you'll be welcome in my village. You are my brothers now. Besides we are tied for life. My mind to your mind."

She looks wistfully at him.

[ April 28, 2006, 21:11: Message edited by: Nakia ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.