1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - Book 3

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"I'll take the amulet sure." Jex said as he looked at it dangleing from Ciana's fingers. Placeing it around his neck he tucked it inside his armour with families crest.

Pulling the remaining bracer from the dead mages arm, he strapped it on his right arm. It would protect his main arm, which was a good thing.

"I'm with you Nakia. I have no other commitments."

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae had been silent up to this point, but she could stand it no longer. "Now that all this fuss over Whosis's stuff is over, can someone please tell me what in the Abyss is going on? The last thing I remember clearly is that sorceror casting a spell on me (though Mielikki only knows why I agreed), and then it's just a bunch of jumbled images about fighting a doppleganger or something. I have no idea who you or you are," she pointed at Ciana and Kongol in turn, then looked around, "...and where in Faerun is Sepp?!? I pledged myself to help him and he's not even here!"

Delphinae was nearly panting at this point in her rant; suddenly she got a very confused look on her face. "Wait, did I? Or was that part of the dream? Was it even a dream? Ohhh, none of this makes any sense..." she groaned, and sat heavily on the floor, cupping her face in her hands.

3. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

After Kongol had relaxed for a while, he brought over the chest to where he was first resting. Kongol finally try to open the chest, the hinges of the chest were rust and so as he was opening the chest, the lid came apart. The chest had not been open for a very long time.

Kongol started to examine its continents, and first pulled out a few gems, 6 to be more precise, a diamond, 3 ruby’s and 2 other that Kongol had never seen, Kongol then put them aside a continue looking thru the broken chest. Next was a ring, red gold with a small indentation on the top, it felt heavy to the hand. “Oh no, I don’t do rings” Kongol claims as he put it aside. Then he pulled a bottle, it looks to be a potion, red looking and hot to the touch, “This I’m keeping” and put it in the potion bag that Kongol carries.

The final object can be seen in the bottom of the chest; Kongol goes for it and shows a huge bronze breastplate (see here ), within the breastplate there is a small manuscript that Kongol finds familiar and immediately puts in his backpack.

Now that the chest is empty, Kongol gets up and tries the new obtain breastplate, and to his admiration, it fits him to perfection. With happiness Kongol goes over Nakia and presents her with the diamonds and the other two strange gems “Nakia, you may have this gems, as I don’t have any use for them, although a have never seen the other two, do you know what they are?”

As he give the gems to Nakia, Kongol then offers the ring to Maron which is being must quiet after the battle, “I hope that you can find this ring useful, I don’t do rings if you know what I mean”.

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos glanced at Kelvados, "Fine, Nakia. There are no pressing issues at this moment that require our expertise, so we shall lend our swords and magic to you."

Then turning to address the rest of the group, "As beings of the Underdark, we learned to never trust the surfacers, they were evil, corrupted people. Obviously, we have seen differently. I want to thank you all on behalf of both of us; we are in your debt, all of you. But," He added with a smile, "Don't expect us to be nice to any other than this group."

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia gave Delinos a smile, thanked Kongol for the two gems which she recoginized as a rare rogue stone and a black pearl. Then went over to Del.

She placed a hand on Del's shoulder and then gave her a hug.

"Sepp said he had to leave us for a while. He is all right. You haven't been dreaming. I think Elendia or Ciana could explain this better than I can. Kongol is a new friend and very nice. Ciana helped you."

She looks around hopefully at Ciana and Elendia.

"You two know a lot more than I do about what happened. I'm not really sure exactly who or what I traveled with. It was Del but it wasn't Del."

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Unable to hug him properly, Maron embraces Kongol's arm. "Thank you!"

She looks at the ring carefully. "It has the feel of magic, but I don't know what magic. I shall ask Sune when next I pray."

She placed the ring in a pouch at her waist, and smiled up at Kongol gratefully.

She heard Del's outburst, and turned to face her. She saw Nakia move over and comfort her, and smiled again. Nakia was certainly taking charge, but in a good way. She was doing her best to keep the group happy, almost mothering them.

She was glad someone else was keeping them all happy, as it took the onus off of her.

At least they might get moving now. The Heartsong Pipes weighed heavily at her waist, literally and figuratively. She couldn't play them again, not after the painful reactions of her companions. Why had they reacted so badly? The Heartsong was a gift from Sune, a chance to understand your own heart. It should be a joy, not a burden. Perhaps not everyone relished the chance to see their true emotions.

SHe thought back to the first time she'd played the Heartsong to someone else, and blushed slightly.

'There's a time and a place for memories, Maron. Now we have to get out of here,' she reprimanded herself.

She blinked, and returned herself to the current situation.

"So, should we go now? I'm sure we've all got things to be getting on with, and this place hardly looks like an ideal picnic spot."

7. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Elendia glanced at Nakia and stepped forward. She started from the beginning letting Ciana fill in bits and pieces as she went. She explained the splitting of her personality as well as her physical form; the trials Del had undergone as well as the help received from both Ciana and Elendia. Everyone else having heard the story two, sometimes three times, mulled about talking amongst themselves. Elendia, when finished with the explanation, left Del to contemplate her path and her next move. Elendia stepped over to Jex. "I am sorry Jex for failing you. I promised to watch your back and I was taken out way too easily. I don't remember what happened, I just know there was no excuse." She shuffled her feet uncomfortably and continued. "I am glad you are unhurt, and I hope you can forgive me." Without waiting for a response she turned and walked back to Del.

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana gathered her stuff together and went and stood by Nakia in halfling she said "I will travel with to a Temple and show you how to preserve the scroll, and then we shall see what happens from there. It is quite interesting travelling with you and your companions."

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The party gathered up their things and moved off to find a place to camp where they could clean up, check their weapons and rest after the hectic battle.

A comfortable distance away from the Mage's compound they found a small clearing near s stream. They settled in, did the necessities and after arranging night watch turned in for the night. Early morning saw them up. Nakia prepared a good sustaining breakfast.

"Del. you and Kelvados have the best scouting abilities I think you should lead us. We need to head westerly looking for signs of civilization.

Jex and I can keep a watch from the shadows. Maron, you have the advantage of being airborne so I suggest you scout from the air."

Those who had traveled with her the longest glanced at each other and smiled. There was a definite change in her. She spoke quietly but in a sure tone. Sometimes she had a thoughtful look on her face as if she saw something the others didn't see.

They were on their way to Waterdeep.

[ May 07, 2006, 13:52: Message edited by: Nakia ]

10. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex walked quietly. It didn't take long until he had isolated Elendia from the others. "About your apology. It was not needed, it was a battle. Things happen in the chaos of the fight that you didn't mean for. I know you didn't mean to abandon me."

As he walked along side the woman he continued "You needn't worry about me in a fight. I've been through enough skirmish's over the past 30 years that I'm prepared for almost anything."

With a quick nod and a genuine smile. The half drow slipped back into the shadows. Happy to get that off his chest.

11. Nakia

Media:
    For several days the party moved uneventfully through the woods. They found a small trail heading westerly and decided to follow it. The trees thinned and the air was dry. Maron reported back that they were on the edge of a desert. It stretched as far as she could see.

They looked out on a bleak and inhospitable expanse.

"We passed a small stream a bit back. I think we should fill up with as much water as we can carry."

Suiting action to words, Nakia turned back to find the stream. Pulling out several bags she filled them with water stuffing them in her raggedy bag-of-holding.

"I've run out of bags but if anyone has extras we can fill them and I still have some room in me bag."

12. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex filled his canteen, and pulled two spare ones from his pack. Filling them, he dropped them into Naki's bag of holding. "I learned young that you can never have to many canteens. Especially if you find yourself lost in the Underdark with grey dwarves chasing you. But that is a tale for another time."

13. DarkStrider

Ciana started pulling things out of her bag, anything that could hold water she filled, if necessary she sealed the lid with wax, looking up she added "I've also got the same type of bag as Nakia should anyone need it"

14. Felinoid

"Hmm..." Delphinae scanned the forbidding territory with a scowl on her face. "We must have gotten turned around in the forest. The Endless Wastes are to the east, not the north. So don't worry about having to cross it, because that's not the way we're going." She looked to her right, gazing at the mountains. "And that's the Sunrise range. I think I can even make out the citadel. Okay, I think I know where we are. We just have to keep the setting sun to our left, and we'll reach Mulptan in a couple hours."

The group followed Delphinae uneasily, still not sure if she had gotten over her recent ordeal, but their faith paid off when Maron spotted a town in the distance. The sun finally set, but by that time they were within sight range of the town's torches. Delphinae stopped unexpectedly. "They're not too fond of me here after I exposed the corruption of their leader. Seems some people prefer to live with the devil they know. It would be better if I didn't show my face there. You go ahead, I'll be waiting by the road over there." So saying, Delphinae slipped off into the night.

15. Daie d'Malkin

Maron watched Delphinae go, looked back to the town, and followed the woman towards the road. The dim light of Selene made it reasonably simple for Maron to keep her in sight, with her sharp eyes, and she soon dropped down next to Del.

"I couldn't leave you alone like that. Especially when you haven't done anything to deserve it."

She looked up at the moon for a moment, before turning back to her.

"The last few days must have affected you. If you want to talk about it, I'm here."

16. Felinoid

Delphinae snarled as she whirled on Maron, eyes blazing. "I don't need your pity!" Seeing the hurt look in the Avariel's eyes, she sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry. I just...don't know what to think right now. The memories are so blurry, and the thoughts...don't seem like mine. And yet, they're familiar somehow. It's all so confusing. Normally I'd just shrug it off as another dream, but obviously it wasn't, and that makes me wonder if any of them were. I've got a lot to think about..."

Remembering Maron again, Delphinae looked up with a strained smile. "But I can get through it on my own. I know you need to visit a temple, and there's a couple in town. Go, get your own things done. I'll let you know if there's anything you can do."

17. Daie d'Malkin

Maron smiled and waved a finger at Del. "Nice try, but you're not getting rid of me that easily. I need to visit a specific temple- the Cathedral of Beauty in Waterdeep."

She leant back against a tree, and stretched, her wings outspread. She looked over at Del from the corner of her eye.

"You know, you remind me of someone I know. She's just like you, she tries to deal with everything herself. So strong in herself. Yet, even she needs to talk every now and again."

18. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia watched Maron follow Del, smiled and set off towards the town. "Hope they have honey mead there. Water is fine for bathing but otherwise I don't have much use for it. "

They soon arrived, found a decent tavern and settled in for the night. Nakia checked with the bartender and was delighted to find he had some decent honey mead. She stocked up, went to her room, got bath water, cleaned up and went contentedly to bed.

The night brought strange dreams. Sepp appeared and beckoned to her. But she could not hear what he said. He faded from sight and was replaced by a group of halflings dressed in robes unusual for halflings. She tossed and moaned in her sleep.

19. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex ordered a glass of wine and sat next to a slumped over man at the bar. It had been along time since Jex had sat at a bar. He normally found a quiet booth in the background. Most of the ruskus had settled down for the night so the half drow figured there would be no trouble.

After a while, he went upstairs to his room. Peeling off his armour, he was preparing to crawl into bed for the night. He was sore from the fight, and the many miles walked.

Just as he was crawling into bed he felt his families emblam getting warm. Suddenly aware of the heat Jex tried to pull the chain over his head but something stopped him. The amulet was still heating up, it seared his flesh. It hurt so bad, it hurt worse than death, it felt like someone was flaying his skin. The acrid smell of burning flesh penetrated Jex's fury. With a scream he crashed to the floor, the amulet still searing his flesh. Burning into his chest and his hands.

20. DarkStrider

Ciana woke early, there was a temple here but without Maron there was nothing that could be done. There was a avgue disquiet in her thi morning but she knew how to fix that, getting up quickly and getting washed and dressed, she picked up her lute and prepared to go downstairs. As she moved down the corridor towards the stairs she stopped, sniffing carefully she realised the smell of burnt flesh, it came from Jex's room. She knocked on the door calling his name, but heard nothing, trying the door she found it was locked.

After a couple of kicks she managed to break the lock and rushed to Jex who was lying on the floor. Looking over him quickly she saw the burns on his chest and hands, she sat by him and after a short prayer the healing energy flowed from her into Jex. She saw that although it had healed some of the damage it was really beyond her skills.

She moved quickly now first waking Kongol up and getting him to go and put Jex onto the bed and make him more comforatble; and then waking Elendie to use her skills or decide if they needed to take Jex to a temple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.