1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen IV

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The darkness in the North increased streaked with ugly red. A wind rose and howled down across the fighters causing arrows to fly astray.

A small figure crossed the center of the Grove, an ancient halfling lady moving yet with grace and strength. She came to the front of the giant Sepp and motioned him to pick her up. He reached down and lifted her up. She stood in the palm of his hand and reached to lay her hands upon his head in blessing. Her voice was surprisingly strong and her words reached across the battle, to the river, the hedgerow and into the caverns.

When the rocks shall walk the earth shall tremble, the heavens darken and all will fear. From darkness shall come light, from fear hope. Another waits to hear our call

She turned and looked down on Ciana bravely singing on.

The Song is our hope. The Song is our rescue. Blessed be the Song and the Singer

She gestured and Sepp lowered her to the ground. She stood near him.

Suddenly two figures appeared one on each side of Sepp. A lovely youthful halfling woman clad in a green robe twined with daisies and an older but beautiful woman. They turned to the north watching the darkness. Some of the nearby halflings saw them and the word spread across the blood soaked land, Yolanda and Sheela had come.

Deep in the cavern Nakia and Perim with other halflings fought on. One earth elemental had fallen to the drow but the other two still fought and drow fell and yet came on.

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp could feel the vibrations of many feet coming from the north. A few smaller, from the last of the force that had lead the main orc army astray, several hundreds from orcs and worse.

"Winter, West, on my left, Earth, you're my right hand rock," Sepp commanded, moving them in a line opposed to the oncoming darkness. Yolanda and Sheela stayed with the ancient halfling woman at the center of the grove.

Soon, the halflings came into view, they hesitated for a moment when they saw four giant rocks blocking their path, then saw their gods flanking their priestess and fled between the elementals to rally in the grove.

The horde of orcs was close behind. They held up for a moment seeing the stone facing them.

"Drop and roll!" Sepp commanded, falling to the earth with the others and violently rolling into the horde, crushing many into the ground. Then the four of them were up again, stomping, kicking, squishing and smashing.

He definitely wasn't as agile in this giant form, but it was quite effective. Soon, the orcs were fleeing in terror, but then, two score of trolls, armored in plate mail and wielding pick axes, came out of the dark cloud, which was now at the edge of the grove. They went to work against the stone elementals, and it was clear when their pick axes hit the elementals that the weapons had been specifically enchanted to bring them down.

In a few minutes Sepp was alone, and chipped badly, the elementals could squash the trolls easily enough, but a minute later they would just get up again. Sepp's anger boiled over, and his hands turned to magma, which did seem to effectively harm the trolls. After half of them had fallen for good, the rest made a large circle around Sepp and waited.

Sepp took the moments respite to rest and look around. It seemed the orcs had now a firm line between him and the grove. Then, out of the darkness, a huge orc, taller than Sepp, with only one eye, wielding a wicked spear, sauntered up to Sepp.

"You think you're the only one who knows about a prophecy, stupid rock?" he sneered to Sepp before taking a large swig from a flask. Then he spit the liquid all over Sepp.

The connections holding Sepp's larger stone body together fell apart, actually turned to flesh, then puss, and Sepp was falling out of the stone. When the liquid reached his own body, it pulled him back to flesh. Oddly, part of Sepp's mind thought, "Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten how to do that?"

But then he was on the ground, once again halfling sized, standing in front of Gruumsh, in a ring of plate armored trolls, behind a line of orcs.

Looking up into the eye of Gruumsh, he thought, "This is not good." But then Ciana's song, which he'd been hearing all the while, seemed to make the links of his chain shirt start to hum and resonate.

"I'm going to skewer you, barbecue you and feed you to my hell hounds!" Gruumsh roared at him. "What type of spices would you taste well with?"

"Oinon sauce," Sepp answered.

Gruumsh's spear lunged into Sepp's chest. He was squished into the ground, but with so much blood, it was rather mushy, and the Slyvian chain not only held the spear out of Sepp's innards, it sang with the song, and caused the tip of the spear to chip just a little.

The small sliver of spear head, through some odd quirk of physics, flew back along the shaft, and directly into Gruumsh's eye.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!" Gruumsh roared. "That pain! Not again!"

Sepp smiled as darkness took him.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Gruntak was a skilled fighter. He was fast and powerful. Jex's body burned from absorbing many of Gruntaks swings. Both warriors dripped blood and sweat. Gruntaks arms both were wounded badly. Jex's ribs were broken again and his face was swollen . Gruntak was worried he had killed elves and drow, but none had been this skilled. The grey skinned fiend just kept coming and coming. Most of his army was defeated the halflings were cleaning up the mess, many were watching the ogre had plagued them for many years and he mightof met his match.

Jex thought he was running out of energy. He seemed slow it seemed as if his attacks and parries were slower than he wanted. He was sucking wind, and calling upon reserves. His bloodlust was the only thing continued to drive him.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana while still singing had 5 arrows sticking out of her now; she was getting tired with the blood loss. She was also worried that the elves weren't here, how was it the elves weren't here! Then the thought flashed through her mind and she almost gasped such was her surprise at how easy it was.

She bowed her head and prayed Father, Protector and Preserver of All Life, hear the cry of your humble servant. The Halflings are beset by armies of your old enemy One-eye, their Gods Yondalla and Sheela stand with them but without aid, all shall be lost. Aid us in our hour of need, please

The wind died and a voice could be heard clear, strong and defiant "Thank you my daughter, I accept your invitation"

Shafts of Golden light broke through the clouds and where they hit the ground there was rank upon rank of The Fellowship of the Forgotten Flower, great Knights and Paladins. Blue light burst through the clouds and where it landed the clerics of Corellon Larethian stood, silver circlets held their hair and their robes over their armour were of the purest azure. Silver was the next colour to lance the ground and when it cleared their stood mages and bards ready to do battle. Finally a shaft of all the colours scintillating landed next to Sepp and there stood Corellon Larethian himself surrounding him and Sepp, knights, paladins and Clerics of his churches.

Some of the Shamans, pulled the pained Gruumsh, "My God, the accursed elves have arrived with their God, we should retreat" and they fled the battle.

A mocking cry "That's it One-eye or should I say No-eye, run like the craven dog ye are" could be heard.

At the south Hedge a cheer went up from the Halflings as the elves arrived and then all fell on the dark creatures destroying them. At the river Elves arrived to help tidy the mess, in the confusion that followed Jex was left facing no one, as Gruntak had somehow slipped away. In the caves the arrival of the elves finished the fighting there as well, the evil Drow fighting to the end.

It was in the Grove that the fighting was fiercest and lengthy, no-one could know who fired the last arrow to hit her, for moments later the archer themselves was dead; but the effect was devastating to Ciana. It cut through her ribs, nicking the main artery and lodging in her lung, blood filled it quickly and with a last whisper that strangely could be heard in the cave she died.

"Tell Kelvados, I'm sorry"

5. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex fell exhausted. Gruntak had escaped, in a silent vow Jex swore to kill the ogre someday. Unsure of how his friends faired he fought the slide into unconsciousness he felt himself being supported at both arms but was certain it wasn't by halflings.

Barely audible he muttered "Grove, take me to the grove."

"No you need rest" was the only reply he received and couldn't muster the hear to argue. So he let himself be carried away. He was roughly hoisted onto a cart and slipped into a deep slumber. The last thing he thought he saw was two elven clerics beginning healing spells.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp was lifted out of the bloody mud where he lay, and carried by Corellon Larethian to the center of the grove, then gently set down between Yolanda and Sheela and the ancient halfling woman.

"Young mistress Chrysantheum," Corellon addressed the lady. "Your progeny has proven himself worthy to assume his role as the Guardian of the Eye. Please bring it forth."

He touched the unmoving body of Sepp with his right hand. "Wake, Sepp Nochedramantrium Blackfoot, Steirre Kletit amit Nagy Curseo, though you have earned it, the peaceful slumber is not yet to be yours. You have much work to do."

Sepp took a deep breath in, there was a sharp pain at first, but then he felt as if he'd been born again.

He looked to the ancient halfling lady, who was taking a large wrapped thing out from under her robes.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Sepp Nochedramantrium Blackfoot, You have proven yourself a worthy successor to your mother. We invest you in the Order of the Druids of the Grove of the Nightingale's Song and proclaim you Guardian of the Eye." As she handed the package to him Yolanda and Sheela stepped forward and placed their hands on his head. Then they stepped back and looked around.

"There is yet much to be done." With that the Hin goddesses moved among those gathered in the grove and the chore of burial began.

Those still in the caverns checked through the drow bodies. Nakia came upon Kelvados, saw he was alive. Two of the elves took him to the grove and cast healing spells. Nakia and Perim had followed them and one turned to Nakia. "We can heal his body but not his soul." Nakia nodded silently. The elf looked at her, "Your are sore wounded yourself." He cast a healing spell on her and then on Perim. The spell refreshed her body but did not relieve the darkness that had fallen on her own soul. She sat quietly next to Kelvados looking around for Delinos. Yolanda passed by and touched her lightly on the head, "You did well, my child, but there is yet more to be done. The Guardian still needs your help." She moved on comforting her children and praising their valor.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31

The elves arrived in the grove with Jex's sleeping body in tow, they were followed by a small group of halflings who babbled on nonsensically about a drow killing hobgoblins by the dozen and a fight between two gods. It was plainly clear they were exaggerating but at the same time those who weren't spoke of what they witnessed with honor. The spoke of the drow and the earth golems which destroyed the ranks of hobgoblins by the dozens.

Then they relayed the story of Jex and Gruntak. Most of them just shook their heads in awe. Many passed by the cart carrying Jex and placed a hand on his chest or arm.

They told the story to Nakia and Sepp and thanked them for bringing Jex.

9. Nakia

Media:
    Hearing her people speak so well of Jex cheered Nakia up and when her parents came over to speak to her she told how she had become linked to Jex and a little about his background. "Don't need to tell how good a fighter he is. That is proven here. And the brothers, Kelvados and Delinos, they be my friends too. Please give them good welcome." She looked around to see if any of the others were here.

Her father and mother said that the brothers were certainly welcome and then passed on to speak to Sepp. They wanted to know his story and to speak of his mother.

[ February 20, 2007, 16:36: Message edited by: Nakia ]

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

No one knew who first noticed, or even who first said anything; when asked afterwards Allairae could only say someone told her that the pretty singing lady was hurt, and that she should help. Allairae could remember turning and looking at where they pointed and seeing Ciana laying on the ground, arrows sticking out of her, almost making her a human porcupine. Although she feared the worst Allairae ran quickly to the side of Ciana and checked for life signs; none could be found.

Carefully she lifted her and turning she took her towards the grove where the Gods stood. As she slowly walked there the crowd in front of her seemed to sense the elven Paladin and the burden she carried, they parted to allow her access. Those nearest reached and touched Ciana as she was carried past them. Tears streamed down their faces, for here was the voice they had heard, urging them on in their fight, bolstering their courage; and some had heard her prayer knowing that it was she that brought the Elves and their God to turn the tide of battle their way.

Allairae laid Ciana in front of the Gods and others present in the Grove, "My Lord, the Bard has been slain, can nothing be done?"

A great keening cry of anguish came from Corellon, all who heard felt its sadness and loss, and their tears flowed. "Ah, my daughter you were not supposed to pay this price, there are other tasks ahead of you."

He passed his hand over her body and the arrows disappeared and the wounds closed, Corellon prepared to cast a spell but the Hin Goddesses asked first that they could give a gift each to Ciana. Bowing his head, Corellon stepped back and allowed the Goddesses to come forward and they passed their hands over her as well. Corellon then spoke in a deep sonorous tone old words that rarely were said in the mortal realm. As he finished Ciana's back arched, her eyes flew open and with a strangled gasp she started to breathe, her eyes were wild for a second and then they rested on her God.

"Rest, my daughter, this ye have earned" Ciana's eyes closed and everyone could see her chest rise and fall as she slept.

Turning to Sepp, Corellon had a suit of armour and sword in his hands, "Give to these to her from me, when she wakes, they will aid her in what she and you do in the future. One last thing, I bring your friends back to you, as well"

With a wave of his hand, and a small flash of colour the missing companions (Daie, Maron, Del and Elendie) were there in the grove as well; upon seeing one of them Corellon frowned for a moment, and then looking at Daie said "Sometime you and I will have a serious talk young man, but for now I must ensure that Gruumsh has removed himself from this plane. My people will stay and aid yours as long as needed, ladies; Farewell for now."

And he left, leaving behind a sleeping Bard and a worried priest.

11. Scot

Sepp laid the armor and sword at Ciana's feet. It seemed only moments ago, yet eons at the same time, that he and she had been walking down a beautiful wooded path, towards a clear lake, when he had been gently, but forcefully, pulled back to the mortal world.

"Good to have you back, Ciana." He said, caressing her cheek. "Maybe someday you and I will make that journey again together, but for now, there are other rivers to cross."

He turned towards all of his friends, when a thumping of air ripped a hole in space, and a dissheveled Kongol appeared not far from them. "I kind of got stuck in that whirlwind thingy, don't know how, " the half-giant said. "Too bad, looks like I missed a good fight."

"There will be other battles for you," Sepp said. Something was burning his hand. Actually, it had been building up to a slow burn since Grandmother Chrys had given him the Eye, wrapped in a blanket.

He shifted the hand he was holding it in to stone, and at least the burning went away, but merely holding it was painful. He focused his attention on it.

It was obviously immensely powerful. He could feel within it the omnipotent ability to absolutely control the weather. With this it would be possible to ensure good crops. Enough, but not too much rain, plenty of sunshine to grow and dry the harvest. This power could be used for such good.

Yet it had not been used for good. It wanted to create destruction through storms, and starvation through droughts, and dark clouds to hide the movements of its servants as they went to raid and pillage. This was the Eye of a god, who when the Earth gave so much to her people, decided to give his people not the desire and inclination to grow and build, but to kill and steal, living as parasites off of the work of goodly people.

Looking around at the carnage that this thing had caused his kin, too many of whom he would never meet and have honey cakes with, a terrible rage built up in Sepp.

"Never again will this Eye bring death to the people of this grove! This I vow, as my first vow as the Guardian of the Eye! I don't know how it will be accomplished, but it will."

Nakia came up to him, formally introduced her parents, and they fell into talking. Sepp told his stories of Ma and Pa, having folded the Eye up in the blanket for now. But it still burned him, and was a constant burden to carry.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos walked slowly around the ring of people, the world seemed slowed as his adrenaline rush slowed. Seeing Kelvados consumed by the monster again had, at one time, brought him delight; but now, in his renewed life, it brought him deep sadness. It was true, what Kelvados, deep inside the monster had feared. His flying blades had indeed cut into his allies' flesh and bone, although not purposely. The brother vowed to never tell Kelvados this, as it would make the burden of the monster heavier on his soul.

As he walked, he hummed the tune of Ciana's song as she slept. It calmed him, and let his heart open to the halflings that moved past him. The tune carried through his dreams as he lay down to sleep underneath a large beech tree, the sun filtering through the overhanging branches and leaves. Before his eyes closed, he saw a glimpse of Kelvados through the crowd. Their eyes met for a moment, then both fell to the fatigue that covered them.

Note: I kind of pictured Enya's, May It Be, as the song she was singing. To those she directed it at, the battle became quiet, and all that was heard was her song, strengthening them in their time of need. You can listen to it here, the video doesn't really go with it, but just listen to the music, and picture our battle, silent, with Ciana in the middle of the Standing stones. Slightly slow motion, as the camera pans a view over the entire scene.. Hehe, got carried away. ;)

[ February 20, 2007, 22:28: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten heard the request of the wind and answered in the affirmative, if only to escape the dreadful desert. He arrived in a scene of carnage. He had clearly missed some sort of bloody battle. He felt a guilty sense of relief at having missed yet another fight. He tried to work out what was going on, but everyone seemed to be busy gossipping to a load of halflings.

Atten wondered why he continued to follow these people. He surely did not care about the unfathomable conflicts of the gods. But he had learnt so much during these travels. Things he would never have learned if he had stayed in his forest. He wandered closer, to listen to what was happening.

14. Nakia

Media:
    Seeing Atten arrive Nakia turned and spoke quietly to her great, great grandmother. They went over to him and Nakia introduced them, " Atten, this is Mistress Chrysantheum the head of our druid group."

"You have arrived in time to help us clean up. We lost many druids and could certainly use aid. The earth has been poisoned by all this blood and evil. The plants will soon die and the animals flee. In return there might be things we can teach you. Call me Mother Chrys, please." Mother Chrys smiled winningly and hopefully at Atten.

She saw a young, inexperienced druid with great potential and he saw a small ancient Hin with eyes that spoke of great knowledge and love of nature.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten knew that what Maddie Chrys was saying was true. He had initially been overwhelmed by the pulse of life here when he arrived, after the barrenness of the desert, but after the initial shock, he could now feel that the living force was damaged.

Atten did not care about the battles of gods, but he did care about the balance of nature. Things like this made him angry.

"Fungus and bark! What a mess."

16. Scot

Sepp was also glad to see Atten, though he wasn't sure why. Grandmother Chrys was right, things needed cleaning up here. With Gruumsh gone for the moment, hopefully for a good long while, Sepp thought he might dare to attempt to use the Eye.

He brought it out of the blanket and held it with both hands. It still burned him, but he attempted to ignore the pain.

"Atten, can you help me for a bit?" Sepp asked. "I'm going to try to bring a nice soft long rain to help wash away all this blood. I hope that I can wield the Eye and not cause too much imbalance, but my perceptions might be tainted by holding it. So could you monitor what's going on, and let me know if it seems to be going bad?"

Atten looked questioningly at Sepp, but Sepp thought it might mean yes, and the Eye was pulling at him, urging him to use its power.

He let his senses go with it to the sky. Out over the coast a small storm was brewing. It had plenty of warm air and moisture. Before long, low clouds moved over the grove and started dropping a nice warm rain. A few lightning bolts thundered around, but what was a rain storm without lightning and thunder?

17. Nakia

Media:
    "Aye, it is a mess and it is time for us druids to do what druids do best. Tend to the wounds of the earth. Come meet the others." With that Mother Chrys leads Atten over to where about 7 or 8 Hin druid are gathered. They are dressed in greyish green robes now splattered with blood and torn. Their physically wounds have been healed but they are looking overwhelmed as if it was just too much to take in.

Mother Chrys introduces Atten and they greet him. One crys, "Mother, there is so much to be done. Where do we start? How can we manage?"

18. Harbourboy

"Phew, what a lot of moaning! If you stopped complaining for a second, you might actually be able to listen to what the living force is telling you."

Atten wasn't sure if these so-called halfling Druids were all they were cracked up to be. Not that Atten considered himself to be any sort of master, but these halflings seemed like a load of country bumpkin farmers.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Mother Chrys raises an eyebrow at him, "Child, we have been through a very bad time. Lost half our druids and have a lot of work to do. Where do you suggest we start?" She sweeps a hand out indicating the valley which is very large.

Turning to the others she says, "He is correct, crying about it won't get it done. Let us turn our minds and hearts to the earth and hear what she needs."

20. Scot

Sepp was vaguely aware of Atten having a true to form discussion with the other druids, but his attention was focused on controling the storm. It was quite invigorating, having so much power and absolute control over the weather. Maybe a little bit more rain wouldn't hurt. And some more thunder and lightning.

Flashes blitzed across the sky, then blasted into the mountain tops on both sides of the valley. On the east side an avalanche started to rumble down towards the valley.

"Hmmn, hope nobody's below that," Sepp thought. A part of him thought, "Pull back, you must stop this." But it was so much fun. The wind started to pick up. "Moaning and weeping?" thought Sepp. "How about this for moaning?" he thought as a cyclone began its howl.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.