1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen IV

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex came behind Sepp, and roughly place d his hand on the halflings head. Turning him sharply he glared at the young lad. "Pull back Sepp. We didn't fight Gruumsh and his legions just to have you become a tyrant."

If the others hand taken a good hard look they might of noticed the jeweled dagger Jex held hidden in his other hand. It wasn't a threat to Sepp at all, but it was insurance incase Sepp lost all control.

"Fight it Sepp, I've seen you overcome things like this before. Just fight it."

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp was in the cyclone, exulting in its raw power, when he felt something on his body, back on the ground.

He jolted a little as his senses came back, feeling Jex's hand on his shoulder and hearing his words.

"He is just jealous of your power," the Eye whispered to him.

"No," he thought to the Eye. "He is right. The day may come when power such as yours is needed, but it is not today."

He wrestled with the Eye. It wanted to turn the storm into a destroyer of the valley. Sepp was losing to it, but then the Staff of Life thought to him, "Lean on me."

Sepp did, drawing energy and strenght from the Staff. The cyclone intensified for a moment, but when it came against the stone of the mountain side, it dissapated.

The rain still fell, but softly, with a gentle wind. Sepp let the Eye fall to the ground and swayed a little. Jex caught him before he fell.

"Thank you, brother," Sepp said to Jex.

He bent to pick up the Eye again in the blanket. "What am I going to do with this thing?" he asked.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Mother Chrys was aware of the battle that Sepp had fought with himself and with the Eye. She was aware of Jex and knew what he would have done if needed. She was prepared herself to intervene but the battle was needed, it tested the new Guardian and with the help of his friend he had conquered, at least for the moment.

Atten too must meet his test. He too must battle the inner monster that lies within us all but for now she turned her attention to Sepp. She leaves Atten with the other druids and walks over to Sepp.

"My son, first you must realize you are not alone." She nodded at Jex, "You have companions who will lend you their strength. You have felt the power of the Eye. If we had known how to destroy the Eye we would have done so but all we could do is keep it buried deep and guard it and ourselves. Now come with me." She gestures to Jex to accompany them and walks to the center of the Grove where once had stood the large boulder. Touching the ground it opens to steps leading down into the bowels of the earth.

She leads them down to a large cavern lit by a glowing fungus. It contains simple yet beautifully carved furniture. There are openings leading off in many directions. She goes to a chest and opening it takes out a bag woven of some strange metallic material and hands it to Sepp.

"This will shield you from much of the power of the Eye. I know of no way to completely protect you. That you will have to find for yourself just as I did. It will not be easy."

She stands quietly waiting for questions from either Sepp or Jex.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Daie was worried by Corellon's words. Evidently you didn't just turn your back on a god and get away with it.

He sat away from the other, slumped under a tree, turning the silver holy symbol round in his hands. It was comforting, feeling his connection to Selune so physically.

He took a tight hold of it, and held it to his chest, closing his eyes.

'Relax, child.'
    Daie started, and looked around to see who had spoken.
    'Don't fear Corellon, child. He will not harm one of my clerics.'
    'Selune?'

Maron looked over at her friend, and saw him sat beneath a great tree, his holy symbol clutched to his chest. His lips were moving.
    'He's probably praying,' she muttered, and looked round for someone to explain what happened.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Involved in cleaning up the Hin were still aware of the strangers in their midst. Not elves, they were used to them, but the ones that had come with Nakia and the new Guardian of the Eye.

Maron fascinated them. Few had ever seen such a beautiful creature who could fly. They weren't sure what she was. Most thought she was a messenger of a God.

As the children came out from hiding they discover Kongol and since he was sitting down they were soon climbing over him. Playing various games.

When they passed Ciana they bowed and saluted her. The drow brothers were smiled at and hailed in a friendly fashion.

There was no time to stop and chat but the efficient Hin soon had things in order and turned their thoughts to food.

Yondalla had disappeared but Sheela joined her druids studying Atten carefully and rather pointedly.

She gave some directions to the druids and sent them off in different directions then turned to Atten still not saying anything but with an attitude of waiting for something.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp had many questions, foremost among them of course would be "Why me?" But he assumed that there would be no satisfactory answer to that question, just cryptic utterances such as, "It was meant to be" or "The gods alone know".

Gramma Chrys had answered others when she said that they did not know how to destroy the Eye.

He picked it up in the protective mail sack. There was no burning, and the lure of its horrible power was significantly less. He slung it in the blanket over his back.

"I've no questions for now, Gramma Chrys. Thank you for the information, and the bag here. And thank you, Jex, for helping me."

He picked up his Staff and headed for the stairs. "I think the best thing for me now would be a lot of physical labor."

In the grove he saw some of the other druids, and Sheela too, with Atten, and decided to stay away. He always seemed to bring out Atten's cynicism, and thought Atten could do without his negative influence right now.

He went out beyond the grove, helping prepare the dead and get rid of the orc bodies. In the process he met several of his kin. Second, third, fourth cousins twice removed. It was wonderful to be with so much family, a few of whom he thought he recognized as characters in some of Ma's stories. Of course most of them treated him with much more diffidence than little ol' Sepp would receive, he being the new Guardian and all. But they were family, more than he ever knew he had.

It was very humbling, realizing all that his kin were hoping for in him.

Later in the day he was helping push a cart of orc bodies to a pit with Nakia and Perim and a third cousin, whose name he'd just forgotten.

"Nakia, look at all the grief and death having the Eye here has caused the burrow, and your father. I don't want that to happen again, now, or in the future. I think we have to do something else with the Eye. Will you help me?"

7. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia just looks at Sepp with a suprised 'of course, why ask?' look. Then nods and continues with their gruesome task.

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana woke up, which seemed a surprising thing to her, she got up and picked the armour and sword from by her feet. She looked at them, it felt right that she had them, but she had no memory of them.

Looking around she saw Nakia, Sepp and Perim finishing up with a cart, a smile lit her face at the sight of them and then a frown replaced the smile. Composing her features, she moved towards them; she was surprised as she went how each halfling she passed, bowed and saluted her. Confusion was taking root ine her mind, upon reaching them she asked in agreat rush

"Whose armour and sword is this? Why is everyone bowing to me? Why do I feel I've missed something? Why do I have a memory of walking in a beautiful forest with you Sepp? What in the nine hells has happened to me?"

9. Scot

"They are yours, Ciana." Sepp answered. "You might remember singing during the battle with the orcs. All was lost, or seemed to be. Though your song inspired us with great bravery, they never stopped coming, no matter how many we cut down. Then Gruumsh removed me from the big stone I had been in, and stabbed me with his spear."

Sepp rubbed his ribs, where there was still a large bruise. "That's when I began my trip in the forest, to the resting lands. And soon afterward you joined me there."

Nakia continued. "After Sepp fell, you called Corellon and He and his servants came to us and together we routed Gruumsh and all the orc-kin. Though you died, too many arrows had pierced you." Nakia wiped away tears.

"Corellon carried Sepp back to the grove, and reawakened him. Soon afterwards one of his paladins carried you to Him, and he wept for you, then brought you back. He gave you the sword and armor, and all the Hin know it was you, lending them courage and strength to fight on, though there seemed to be no hope."

Nakia lunged at Ciana and gave her a big hug. "Good to have you back!"

10. DarkStrider

Tears streamed down her face as she listened to Sepp and Nalia's tale, she hugged her friend tight as well, after her lunge.

"It's good to be back, I didn't mean to go away. I remember singing, but not much other than that. So my God gave me these? Then I shall wear them with pride, and the next city we come to I'll give him an appropriate sacrifice. Now how can I help?"

And she stood up again releasing Nakia and looking around at the organised chaos.

[EDIT] Typos

[ February 22, 2007, 21:56: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

11. Scot

"Everyone who was wounded seems to be out of grave danger now. There's still burying and grieving to help with a plenty. Then I think I might sleep for a day or two. That would be nice. I bet there will be a lot of repair work to be done in the burrows. And many hands have been lost, or are too injured to work." Sepp said.

"Maybe we could send word to the dwarves in the mountains, they are excellent craftsmen, and they are always eager to earn extra gold," Nakia mentioned.

12. Nakia

Media:
    Meanwhile food had been laid out mostly vegetables and fruits but cauldrons with soups and stews where cooking over fires. Fish wrapped in seaweed broiled in a cook pit and there was plenty of cheese and little cakes. Casks of mead, ale and wine were brought out.

Nakia's parents went around calling people to the feast and they gathered quietly and tiredly. Yondalla appeared and standing on a table so all could see her stretched out her hands. Two weary priests stood near her. They had fought and worked as hard as anyone.

Yondalla's voice sang across the valley, "Children you grieve for those who have gone on ahead but remember they now live in the Green Fields. They await you there. Let us rejoice for them and for those who aided us. Welcome our new friends."

Nakia's mother as Matron of the Burrow stepped up beside her. "Welcome to all. Our hearth is your hearth. What we have we gladly share with you." The two then stepped down and disappeared among those gathered.

Nakia saw her father and went over to him to ask about getting help from the dwarfs.

"Aye, child, good but we have little gold."

Nakia looked around at the piles of broken metal weapons and armor then turned to Sepp, " I have gifts for those no longer with us. Perhaps we could use those to pay them or to sell in Waterdeep but still would not be enough. The stone your mother gave me could I not use this once for just enough gold to pay the dwarfs?"

13. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados roused, and stood up. He had been lying in a long lign of cots. He was lying on two to accomandate his heigth. He hurt, his head hurt, right above the eyebrows was a dull pain. He shook his head in a futile effort to relieve some of the pain. He started doing stretchs when he realised he was being watched, not watched observed.

Three halfing children, the size of infants, stared at him. Many with thumbs in mouths, or fingers in noses. But all were silent and observed him, Kelvados was slightly startled. He didn't expect total discrimination, but perhaps a shunning. But not a lack of fear, the fact that these small children could watch him with no fear, stand near a being who killed their people and is evil all throughout the land. He considered that being merely children they wouldn't know any better, he walked away looking for a stream to wash in. The reactions of the adults were mixed some smiled, some went silent, some frowned, and then some started to cheer him and pat him on the back, or the highest part they could reach. He walked for some time, leaving behind the sound of industry, and people, and emerged into the wooden silence. The silence that is filled with small noises, but still silent. He stripped of and waded into the small pool he found, ten minutes from the battle. He curled up into a fetus and stretched himself out, letting his muscles loosen and unknot. He flipped over onto his back and floated in the small wilderness, he looked up to the sky. Trees limbs poked their long fingers into his vision. Their leaves green and full of life, they sang of live, and peace. Kelvados floated and listened to all around him, he listened to the heart beat of the pool. The smell of the rot in the air, the feel of the wind blowing across his body.

Kelvados exhaled his lungs, and he sunk to the bottom of the pool. He waited there for a minute and saw the shadow of a figure who was watching him. He waited until the shadow left, and emerged from the depths. He brushed back his white hair and bunched it up into his hand ans swung it around his neck. He dove in again, and swam and swam until he stopped and floated on his back. He listened again for the small crack of a twig, and the deep breath of holding their breath too long. He floated and waited, he didn't mind the long wait. The water basked his black skin, and his hair floated like the moon around his head. He wished everything was this peaceful.

14. Scot

"I don't think she'd mind at all, cousin. And the dwarves won't mind either, gold is gold." Sepp said, winking at Nakia.

15. Nakia

Media:
    Halflings being natural born traders as well as farmers and let's face it excellent thieves Nakia got down to business with her father. First find out what needed to be done, get in touch with the dwarfs and what they wanted. Now this is important stuff but boring so let's move on. There was eating, drinking, some singing but little dancing. People needed to rest so beds were found for all including Kongol.

Meanwhile Sheela had gotten no response from Atten except a frown, shuffling of feet and staring off into the distance so she decided to take matters in hand.

She sighed and became as tall as he was. Staring him straight in the eye whether he liked it or not she spoke.

"People, all people are part of the earth for good or ill. You cannot ignore them but you cannot understand them without knowing yourself. You, Atten, are insecure but arrogant. Yes, arrogant. You do not listen to people. Therefore you ignore an essential part of the balance. You don't believe in the gods which is fine with me. We neither expect or want the kowtowing that humans do with their gods. We are part of the Hin family and do not underestimate these country bumpkin farmers. Oh, yes, I know what is in your mind and in your heart. You have great potential but will not find it until you know yourself and rule yourself. Enough, I have others that perhaps will hear me." With that she vanished with a puff of disapproval.

She appeared near the pool were Kelvados rested and intentionally made a slight noise then waited quietly.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos had overheard Sepp talking and stood up groggily. "Master Sepp," Delinos surprised himself at saying this, it had never been uttered from his mouth before, but he continued nonetheless, "My brother and I have been collecting precious jewels and weapons on our travels; perhaps they could be of use?"

He bent over and picked up his bag from the ground, a large aquamarine gem slipping out and falling to the ground with a soft thud. It reflected the light as a deep glacier pool might, and cast bluish green lights on the surrounding halflings. There were various ooohs and aahhs from the crowd, and Delinos beamed as he laid out the rest of his collection.

There were small daggers, diamonds, rogue stones, large garnet gems, and a smooth black bow that he had picked up an age ago. "I think the harglukkin might like some of these. Especially this one;" He pulled out a slim handaxe, covered with Dwarven runes and symbols. It was centuries old; they had stolen it from the corpse of an adventuring dwarf from Athkatla.

"You -- er uh, we -- need as much help as we can get to rebuild and repair."

17. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex walked to the table wear the others stood and opened a small pouch. He dumped it and amongst were many rings, jewels and amulets "I don't need wealth." He said with a slight smile.

18. Nakia

Media:
    "Ooh, shiny things" could be heard from quite a few Hin, especially the younger ones.

Nakia gave hop, leap and jump over to the table and glared at them. "No touch. This for all. To rebuild. Keep back."

They moved back but with some grumbling, "Just wanted see."

Some of the elders stepped up to Delinos and Jex.

"Thank you. This is much wealth. More than we need. We will accept only what we need. You are our brothers and have a home here if you desire."

They bowed and moved back.

Standing on the table Nakia could look out over people and she saw children just wandering around or standing crying and looking lost. Various Hin tried to comfort them but it did no good. She realized that they had probably lost close family members perhaps mothers or fathers.

She looked around wondering what could be done to help them and saw Maron surrounded by a group of young Hin. Aha, Maron was such a novelty, maybe she could help comfort the children so over she went.

"Maron, could you do us a favor? Many children have lost close loved ones, mothers, fathers. Maybe if you spoke to them it would help. They think you an angel, a messenger of the gods. They don't understand what happened."

[ February 23, 2007, 03:59: Message edited by: Nakia ]

19. DarkStrider

Ciana saw Kelvados walking off and followed him, she saw him strip off and step into the pool. The thought that flowed through her was how beautiful he looked. As he dived she moved forward so she could talk to him, but she had no idea what she was going to say. She turned and left him submerged, there would be time to talk later.

As she walked back, she stopped people, halflings, elves and her friends asking them for their stories of the battle; what they had done and what they had seen. A hard task for her, was when she spoke to Allairae, the Paladin who found her dead and what happened next. And the while she walked, she hummed softly to herself.

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados emerged competely refreshed, all signs of battle were gone form his skin, and for the time being, his mind as well. He stepped out of the water, but felt so at peace here he sat down on a rock. His clothes still lay in a heap beside the pool, yet he did not put them on. He took the time to exaiming his body.

He had grown stronger, his arms were small and long, yet taunt and wiry. His hair needed cutting, it was almost to the small of his back. But his mind was more troubled, he was confused about many things. About himself, and about whether he should go back to the group. He was a danger to the others with him being there. He already proved himself to go blind with rage, the fight with his brother was heinous. Yet it happened and that cannot change, but can he? He ignored the temptation of using magic to make a bed of moss, but the natural beauty was too great to destroy. He went around the perimeter and laid extremely well hidden trip wires and lay in a small alcove. A person would have to walk along the shore of the pool to see him. He first took his clothes and hid them, he did not want to be restricted from anything, a breze, a scent or a feeling. He lay down on a hard bed of stones, and a rock for his pillow. He slept one of the best sleeps of a long time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.