1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen IV

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sheela watched Kelvados quietly. She smiled as he laid his traps. He was quite good at it, as good as any halfling. He was tired and she would let him rest. Ignoring the traps she went over and sat beside him. She hummed softly to herself and him, a gentle soothing song.

Back at the Burrow folks settled in for a well earned rest. Nakia took Sepp and anyone else who wanted to come along to her parents home except for Kongol. Unfortunately he was to large to fit but he was settled comfortably in the large druid cavern with plenty of pillows and blankets for a bed.

Nakia's home was underground and nicely furnished. There was plenty of room and gently lit by the glowing fungus. After a little snack and talking they retired to their rooms.

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana smiled and thanked everyone (including Nakia) who offered her a bed, but gently told them she prefered to spend tonight under the stars. She wandered for a while through the trees marvelling at the stillness of the night, humming quietly to herself she came upon the pond where Kelvados had bathed. With little hesitation she stripped off and floated on her back looking at the stars, she relaxed unaware that a Goddess watched her, or that Kelvados himself was near. She came out of the pond and sat for a while as the light breeze dried her skin, as she started to become chilled, she dressed and put the armour on, it was incredibly light and fit her so well. She put her belt over the shirt and attached her new sword as well. picking up her bag she headed back to the centre of the Grove.

Finding a good hummock to sit upon, she took out her lute, she sat there for a while tuning it. Then she gently played, sometimes she would stop and start a bit again changing it slightly or back to what she had started with. As the dawn broke slowly bringing light back to the world, pushing the drakness away for another day, she laid down her lute, the saga was created; now she just needed the audience and occassion to play it. Then she just sat and watched the sun rise, listening to the birds greet the day, and the burrows slowly coming alive.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    During the night the Black Hound walked among the new graves. Was that the wind howling or the Hound? As sunrise neared he heard Ciana's quiet playing and singing and sat for a while listening. When the first rays of sun touched the valley he nodded his head and vanished.

If Ciana looked out over the Burrow she would see early risers tending the livestock and some fishers going out into small boats from the pier built into the bay. To most folks the burrow would look empty with few buildings. All the homes were underground and interconnected. Orchards dotted the landscape and the ever important vegetable gardens spread around valley.

As the sun rose higher folk came out and set up fire pits and tables. Tonight would be a big feast. Though they grieved for those gone on they knew they had much to celebrate and there is nothing like a party for what ever reason. Most of the elves had left. Nakia turned over and decided to sleep a bit more before she headed to the bathing room and then to help. As she drifted back to sleep she thought of Elwithral and Jex and how good it was of them to give what they had. That dwarven axe alone was worth a fortune. She had a feeling the dwarfs would give a lot to get it back. Then sleep overwhelmed her.

Many small children had lost close family and were still lost and confused. They gravitated to Maron. She was an angel, a messenger of the gods and they found comfort in her presence. Something about her brought them peace and comfort.

Later in the day everyone was busy with the final preparations for the feast. The sun began its slow descent below the ocean and a horn was sounded. Now the fun began, eating, drinking, laughing and singing. The rude Hin musicians came out with their instruments and there was dancing.

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp ate and ate and ate and ate. Then he had several ales, then ate some more. Then a young halfling lass grabbed him and took him dancing. He had never danced with anyone other than his sister Drell, and was a bit clumsy. But he recognized some of the tunes from songs Ma had sung.

Then they were doing a circle dance, where partners changed and changed again. He ended up dancing with Nakia for a round.

Someone bumped into his back, hard enough to knock him down. It was Perim.

"Looks like you've had a bit much to drink, laddy." Perim told him. He had an expression that Sepp didn't understand on his face, but it didn't seem friendly. "You can't even keep to your feet."

"No, I just haven't eaten enough," Sepp said, getting up. "A little more squash pie will even out the mead." He went off to the tables, and Perim danced off with Nakia, twirling her about a bit more forcefully than the flourishes in the music called for.

5. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex quietly talked to an halfling elder, he was wondering about Gruntak. The elder told Jex that Gruntak had been a bane upon the halflings in the area for many years. He and his small army of orcs and hobgoblins were always a threat. They had kind of hoped that Jex would have killed him in the fight, but they were happy that someone had challenged the monster so.

They explained that Gruntak came to power in the usually way, killing and scare tactics he killed anyone who got in his way. He wasn't underhanded he fought who he needed to knowing he was bigger and stronger than most. He had killed many adventurers who tried to take his life. Always seeming to gain power. With his knowledge of ogres Jex assumed that Gruntak followed the theory of eating your opponents heart and you will gain his powers. He didn't put much stock into the idea.

Jex continued to learn about Gruntak. He had decided he would kill the ogre somehow someway. He didn't like ogres anyways and something about Gruntak seemed to cause the half drow to itch behind the ears.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Daie opened his eyes, his spirit soothed. Communion with Selune over, he rose gracefully to his feet and moved away to search for the two things he wanted right now- food, and Maron.

He found Maron first. She was sat outside the Burrow, surrounded by children, a small child sat on her lap. She was speaking quietly to them. He leant against a tree and watched her, a small smile on his face. She'd always been the most charasmatic of his friends, and she's grown more so in his abscence. She even looked different. Her skin had taken on a golden glow, and her eyes were quite literally mesmerising. He wondered what had happened, that Sune would bless her so.

After a few moments, the children began to disperse, entering the Burrow. Maron sat for a moment, her head in her hands, before she saw her friend and moved over. Daie started to smile, then stopped when he saw the tears in her eyes.

'Maron? What's wrong?'
    She stopped before him, and looked down into his eyes.
    'Don't you know what I was telling them? I had to explain to the children why their parents' are dead, Daie.'

He wrapped his arms round her, and pulled her close. 'Maron, I'm so sorry.'
    She hugged him back, but drew away after a moment. 'I'll be fine. Those poor children though.'

Daie sighed. 'Come on, you, let's go inside.'

She took his hand, and led him inside, taking him through the unfamiliar place, their heads just below the ceiling. They reached the feast, waved to their friends.

Daie looked at the table carrying the food with obvious glee, but he could hear music, and there was dancing, and Maron still had hold of his hand.

Suppressing the groaning of his stomach, he took her other hand, and caught her eye. 'A Dance, Maron?'

Dancing was possibly the most fun one could have with a friend, Daie mused as they twirled across the floor. Maron certainly seemed happier. She loved dancing.
    Still, the halflings could certainly dance. It was nothing like Elven dancing, and by the time the song had finished, Daie was exhausted, and utterly ravenous. He gratefully allowed Maron to lead him to the food, trying to catch his breath.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ciana had stood to one side as people danced and enjoyed themselves in the feast, when the dancing had died down a bit she walked over to the musicians; with her lute in hand she asked if they wanted a rest while she played and sang. They were in awe of her singing from before and gladly went to the tables, for food and drink. In a quiet tone that could be heard by everyone she told them she had a new song to sing, it was called the Battle of the Grove and Burrow.

Everyone listened with rapt attention as she spoke of the battle against Torturus and the finding of the scroll, how they opened it and read of the prophecy. How Nakia was concerned for her kin and kith, how Sepp was gone who knew where. Of their battle against the necromancer and his grotesque undead, how Atten came into his elemental power, how at the end of the battle they were reunited with Sepp and Jex, and the Tree had grown and life had returned to the dead area. There were gasps from her audience as she spoke of the hardships they endured, of the friendships forged and the joy of winning when you are in the right.

She spoke of their journey to the desert and the battles they had there as they arrived. Of Nakia’s ever-increasing need and worry to get home, and that Sepp was the this mysterious guardian spoken of in the scroll. Of the brothers seeing their sister die, of finding Perim and Nakia’s joy at doing so. Then she spoke of Miranda’s betrayal, how she was a vampire and had led them to an evil dragon, how the companions had been sundered by the rock fall. The death of the vampire and dragon, and Sepp’s new armour she spoke.

She started playing her lute and raised her voice in song, and she sang of the army at the south Hedge, the army led by Gruntak at the river; and the army of Orcs that tried to reach the grove. As she sang it seemed to all present that they could see the battle anew and they wept as friends and family died saving their homes. She sang of Sepp handling the scroll and it creating the whirlwind that brought them here. She sang of how Jex came to the river and all about him, he laid waste to the invaders and then stood toe to toe with Gruntak.

She sang of Nakia and Perim in the caves and the Drow arriving and the slaughter that was there. She sang of the brothers joining the fight and helping to stem some of the death. She sang of Sepp and his awakening of the ancient stones and the Elementals joining the battle and how Sepp himself became one of them. And she sang of herself and in the song she snag could be heard an echo of that song, that song that gave them courage to keep fighting.

She sang of Sepp’s death at the hand of Gruumsh and his blinding by his own spear chip, she sang of the Goddesses, the Mother and the Maiden standing with their people. She sang of her prayer and its answer, the arrival of the Elves and Corellon.

Then she sang of her own death and the last of the battles. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place, tears streamed down all their faces, the children hid in their mother’s skirts, sad but not frightened.

She sang of Corellon bringing back Sepp and how Allairae found Ciana and brought her also before the God and he also brought her back. Finally she sang of the joy of life that was left to be celebrated, and how the Halflings were graced still as their Gods and the elves helped them rebuild that which was broken, into something stronger and hardier than before. As the last note died away a reverent hush was broken by Yondalla, as she walked over to Ciana and pulling her head down kissed her on bother cheeks and then said,

“Thank you, Corellon’s child for giving us this gift of a song and tale that we may remember this sad time by”

As Ciana walked away, the elven bards surrounded her clamouring that she teach them the song that they may take it with them back Evermeet, and so she went into a corner and taught them it, but some of them stepped and started playing the dance tunes that had played earlier.

[ February 24, 2007, 04:50: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

8. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados rouse and opened his eyes. He wasn't surprised to see a halfing woman sitting nearby. He had sensed a pleasant presence, and he merely propped himself up on his elbows. Ignoring his nudity he asked her nochalantly.

"Hello, what brings you to my cave, and watching me sleep? Goddess' must have good reasons."

He smiled and sat up. He stretched slightly and scooped a handful of clear water.

"Ahhhh, now let us talk, for there is no other reason you would bless me with your presence."

9. Nakia

Media:
    " Call me Sheela, among the Hin we gods are respected but not feared or is there any abasement by those who honor us. I am the Hin spirit of the earth.

Aye, Dark Brother, I know your troubled spirit, I know your love for the earth. I could make so you do not feel the pain and sorrow but it would still be there biding its time to come forth. Better you should face and fight it. But know this, you are not alone. You have friends to help you and they need your help for they too fight their own battles. Working together you can overcome the darkness."

She reached out and touched his hand gently. "I will watch over you and come if you call me for you are Nakia's brother and therefore my son. You are also my son because you are a protector of the earth. Use your love of the earth to anchor yourself. Use the gift of the Tree. If you have questions I will try to answer them. If you wish to talk I will listen."

Then she smiled with a twinkle in her eye,"However there is a party going on. Perhaps you would like to join your friends and your brother and your new little sister."

Sheela sits back smiling at him waiting for his decision.

10. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp drank some more mead to replenish the liquid he had lost crying during Ciana's epic ballad. Then he danced furiously, maybe even burning more calories than he had consumed. Probably not, but just in case, he snatched a meat pastry from a tray that was passing by, then kept on dancing.

11. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Kelvados leant back, and sighed. He knew Sheela wanted him to go, but he was so comfortable here. And the noise, and the comotion. He looked down at his gear, his once valuable swords were lost and he carried only three. Two long swords and a dirk, he had mastered dual fighting a long time ago, and long swords were his favourite. He nodded and decided to meet the merriment head on, but he doubted he'd join. He would observe, and bask in joy. He clothed and headed towards the noise, noise, and the movement, and the joy.

12. Scot

Sepp saw Kelvados walking towards the dancers, and ran towards him with a mob of young halflings. Cheering, "Kelvados! Kelvados!" they dragged him, playfulling struggling, into the dancers, and forced him to run around in circles widdershins.

13. Nakia

Media:
    Seeing Kelvados with Sepp and a bunch of other youthful halflings Nakia raced over to him. "Oh sorry, Sepp, but I want Kelvados to hear Ciana's song. She's teaching it to the other elves. Come on, Brother. You've got to hear this." With that she dragged him out of the pack and over to Ciana.

14. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex quietly moved amongst the party. He accepted handshakes and thanks. Many of the halflings from the river believed that he had saved them from certain death in the battle against Gruntak. He talked with Sepp, Nakia, he spoke for a minutes with Nakias father who apologized profusely for the nervousness that many of th hin felt when Jex came through the whirlwind.

Eventually he found himself standing next to Perrim and handed him a drink."Hello Perrim, how you after your battle in the caverns. I haven't heard much about what happened against my kin."

15. Nakia

Media:
    "Thought Nakia and I were done for. My folks aren't from this Burrow so we're not really part of the pact but I couldn't let the lass fight alone. Then those drow brothers came in and fought hard. Have to give them that. The elementals sure helped but the drow just kept coming. Maybe you don't know but the drow wanted the Eye for that goddess of theirs. Sure glad Corellon took a hand in things."

He grabs another drink and frowns as he sees Kelvados with Nakia. Turning back to Jex, "Say the way you fight is great. Think I could learn it?"

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae stood apart from the party, still wondering at what had happened in the cave to get her, Maron, and Daie here.

The swirling winds outside tearing at the mouth of the cave, then the sound of small cracks, as if stones were being hurled against rock. Now larger and larger cracks, as the ceiling began to give way. All three raced for the cave opening, as the deafening winds came in from both ahead and above...! Then the feel of slick grass on her back. Rolling to her feet in the midst of a great field of slaughter, painted red and green. Hearing music and laughter and crying in the distance...

Delphinae shook her head to banish the recent memory, and watched the celebration some more. A sad smile flickered over her lips. She would not join, for she was not a part of their victory. Del had not witnessed the horrors and wonders that they had just witnessed, not lost friends and family to weep over while two who had died were granted the gift of life once more. They needed their release, and she would not interfere.

But yet she worried...when this night was over, would they still feel so grateful to the singing stranger who was granted a second life while their kin perished and were buried? Surely they'd be glad that the Stoney One was alive to keep watch over the Eye, but why should a human be granted another chance at life when their family was not so lucky?

Delphinae's brow creased; only the rising sun would see what was to come. Until then, she would wait...and hope.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Kelvados followed Nakia towards a fiant sound of singing. They appeared into the group just in time to hear it from the start. He listened intently until he heard of his sisters death. It all came back to him, and he struggled out of the ring. He left the party and went back into the forest. Her sreams filled hi head and the vision of her death blinded him. Somehow he stumbled into a small meadow and fell to his knees. Viconia stood there, robed in a cape of pure moonlight. She smiled at him and stood there, for many minutes they watched eachother. He finaly stood up and looked her in the eye.

Don't mourn me little brother, I am with *her* now. She said with a sad smile, she turned and headed into the woods. Before the shadows took her she turned and yelled.

You're appreciated, just look around you and you'll see you're loved. Not everyone sees the monster.

Kelvados waved a final goodbye, and paused, did she mean the monster of his skin, or the monster of his mind. He looked up, hoping he could ask her. But she was gone, and only a sweet smell remained. He lay down in the shade of a large oak, it's leaves rattling in the wind. Smells swam around him, their sweet aura enticing his every desire. Clouds above floated by, puffed and white. Large sheep drifting past, the painful sun's glares shone down with viciousness. It knew what he was, it knew who he was, it knew what he was not. It burned his skin, and hurt his eyes. Kelvados stayed where he was, and ler the sun's life giving rays, either kill him or kill who he was. He was a monster, and monster's only know to kill.

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

"You could, you'll need shorter blades. I'd suggest short swords. Trying to dual wield with long swords for one of your height will be more than a challenge." Jex said looking at Perim. "You'll just have to practice with me as we travel."

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos was delighted in the party; he danced with two small halfling girls, whose giggles and laughter rang in his ears long into the night. While Ciana had sung her song, Delinos had climbed into a large oak overhanging the party and the celebrations. Tears streamed from his face as he saw his brother's reaction to the mention of Viconia's death. He climbed further and further into the upper reaches of the tree, until he could see over all the community, littered with flickering lights and flames, and the sound of laughter and music resonating.

Delinos turned on his back, staring up into the sky. A small spider lowered in front of his face and he smiled; the sign of life invigorated him. Suddenly, a flash of Lloth and the Underdark caused him to fall off his branch. He scrambled to hold onto the lower branch as he regained his composure. Panting, he let the spider crawl on his hand, until he let it down a few branches away.

Back on his branch, he thought about what he had been through over the past few weeks with this group. Travelling through the Anauroch Desert, battling himself and his brother, finally getting revenge on his captor, forging such an amazing bond with Sepp and Nakia.. all of these things he would cherish so much, until the end of his days. He scratched his eyebrow for a moment, sighed, then jumped down to a lower branch.

He landed softly on the grassy floor. Delinos shut his eyes and sighed once again, leaning against the rough bark of the tree. He slumped to the ground and slipped into another sleep, this one more relaxed. The smell of freshly made stew wafted around him as he drifted in and out of slumber. Giggles came and went as little girls and boys frolicked past, here and there. A small girl came and sat beside him as he slept, and she sang a tune...

She walked by the ocean,
    And waited for a star,
    To carry her away.

Feelin' so small,
    At the bottom of the world,
    Lookin' up to the gods.

She tries to take deep breaths,
    To smell the salty sea,
    As it moves over her feet.

The water pulls so strong,
    And no-one is around,
    And the moon is looking down.

Sayin',
    Rosie .. come with me,
    Close your eyes .. and dream.

20. Scot

Sepp woke up in a pile of halfling kids, all sleeping around him. He managed to crawl out of them without waking any, and went up out of a burrow.

To the east, the sun was just coming up over the valley. "It's time to leave." he said. He mosied over to the food tables and picked up a few scraps that had survived the feast.

As other members of the group woke up and stirred about he greeted them and bade them to get themselves ready for a long journey and to gather in the grove after lunch.

When the halflings learned that he was planning to go, they were distraught, but he calmed them saying, "We will be back, someday, but it may be a long while. We have a long journey ahead of us." Then they fell over themselves providing him with traveling gear and supplies, and for all in the group. They wouldn't hear of him paying for anything, which was actually good, because he didn't have any money.

After second breakfast he was once again fully outfitted. He had new clothes, cloaks, water skins, packs, including a bag of holding, plenty of traveling food, a new sling, supposedly highly enchanted, plus a kit of herbs and salves and balms from Gramma Chrys herself.

A large picnic lunch had been layed out in the grove. Sepp arrived a little before noon, and sat under an oak tree, talking with Gramma Chrys and two other druids, one of whom was not surprisingly a second cousin of his. They waited for the others to arrive before starting to eat. It wasn't too hard, as they were all still full from last night's feast.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.