1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen OOC - 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Jul 22, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

:) She sees the Drow, not the monstar. However you want to play it, is fine. It's more of a or something at this stage.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex and Gruntak will find each other. I'll work it out.

3. DarkStrider

Hopefully not too far over the top, we have the return of Ciana, and our other companions.

I'll add a description of the god's gifts to Ciana later.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:lol: Sorry, Nakia, but that just reminded me so much of a repeat-and-add song called "There's a Hole in the Middle of the Sea"...

"It's the Order of the Druids of the Grove of the Nightingale's Song in the middle of sea. It's the Order of the Druids of the Grove of the Nightingale's Song in the middle of the sea! There's a song, there's a song, there's a song in the middle of the sea." :shake:

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :) Hokay, Fel. Actually I don't think Druids should be called Order but I couldn't think of anything else. And it is near the ocean. It and the Burrow lie in a large valley that opens to the ocean. Rugged mountains to the north , lesser mountains to the south and east. Waterdeep lies to the south about a day's journey by foot. There is a well worn trail that leads through a gap in the mountains to Waterdeep. So it's kind of a 'hole in the middle of the mountains'.

@Harbourboy, you need to clean out your PM box! I just thought you could do the druid thing better than I can. It is just clean up time. Sepp will be leading the next installment.
    Now we can take some time to rest and reflect.

added: In the mountains to the north live dwarfs who are friendly with the Hin and if needed could send help and materials for any rebuilding. There are no other Burrows nearby to send help although the Hin living in Waterdeep would help as best they can.

[ February 21, 2007, 04:31: Message edited by: Nakia ]

6. DarkStrider

@EI Interesting I wasn't thinking of Enya but her older sister Maire and Clannad and in particular the music they created for Robin of Sherwood

The armour that Ciana has been given is a Melodic chain (chain +4), she will still be able to cast spells with it on, it also makes her immune to any mind-effects, spells or psionics. The sword is +3 normally with 1d6 electrical damage, but against Gruumsh's allies (Orcs, goblins, hobgoblins, half-orcs and drow) or evil is a +5. Only usable by Ciana.

Both Yondall and Sheela gave her a point of dexterity making her dex now 16.

[ February 22, 2007, 14:20: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We have been through several battles at the desert cave and now at the Grove. Our characters have all gained experience of one kind or another. I am not going to hand out experience points but I think this is a good time to take a look at our characters.

Nakia is learning about herself and the world around her. She is now aware of the darkness, the shadows that haunt us all. That the greatest battle we face is with ourselves.

Perim has gained a few points in his fighting abilities. He has noticed Jex's fighting style and may wish to learn more of it.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Just to let you know that I am going to be away for the next 10 days on holiday so I won't be posting anything until then. Atten will still be around, trying to understand the halfling concepts of druidry and trying to be patient but not being very diplomatic about it.

9. DarkStrider

Once the clean-up has finished, I assume as we are with halflings there will be a celebratory feast of some kind. If someone (Nakia or Sepp or both) could set this up, then Ciana will do what Bards have always done; tell. sing the tale of the Battle of the Grove. I'll start working on that now. :)

10. Nakia

Media:
    That is easy lots of food, lots of singing, lots of dancing. After we get a good nights sleep. :)
    And the Halflings will be in seventh heaven. As far as I know they aren't known for their famous bards.

11. DarkStrider

Then it'll be a nice surprise for them

12. Nakia

Media:
    Sheela is blond, does any one have any idea why a halfing goddess is blond?

13. Felinoid

Exoticism?

14. Nakia

Media:
    DarkStrider, you had tears rolling down my cheeks. Wonderful post. Thank you.

A word about Perim, so people don't get confused. At the moment I have no idea how he will develop and Scot and I have discussed it a little via PM. At the moment Perim is rather shallow, self-centered and insecure. He is jealous of Nakia's relationship with Sepp even tho he knows it is not romantic. He wants to be the center of her life and is also, perhaps jealous of Sepp's new position and honor. The only person of the group he really respects is Jex because of his fighting abilities.

He could end up being an anti-hero. I just have no idea at this point.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Perhaps Jex can provide guidance.

16. Nakia

Media:
    :) Feel free to step in. Perim is a team effort and more of a NPC then my personal character. Thanks for the offer Benan. He does not have two weapon skill yet but I'm sure he would like to learn it. He might have to find different weapons as he now carries the Hin equivalent of a Long sword.

17. DarkStrider

Thank you Nakia :)

Perhaps if Jex is to teach him dual-wielding either a hin equivalent of a Poignard or Stiletto, a more traditional learning style for 2 weapon fighting, it takes an awful lot of skill to use 2 weapons that are the same.

18. Nakia

Media:
    Just a wee warning. Folks are going through a lot of soul searching right now and some are a bit fragile. We need to be careful about manipulating others characters unless worked out in PM or FAI.

Also, Hin take their fun and games very seriously and would not be happy about the party being spoiled by some tantrum. Beware!

PS: Yondalla and Sheela are still around and they are goddesses with powers beyond that of even an uber mortal.

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kelvados was trained with dual-swordship and all that. He won't teach Perim itbecause of his fraility of the mind. But just don't for get Kelvados, the Matron didn't want him and Delinos as captains, for nothing. But also, I hope Kelvados' walk out didn't mess up the party.

20. Felinoid

A little ret-con for Daie's posts about being at the party (his comp isn't fixed, BTW, but he manages to get logged in on the Boards about one time in six and then goes on a posting frenzy until it boots him out in 10 minutes), and also an opening for some drama in the morning if ye want to use it. The train of thought just sort of flowed out as I was typing up the third paragraph, and I decided to go with it. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.