1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen OOC - 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This is a great RP, even if Rotku abandoned us after the setting it up. It's just that I can't always think of anything for my character to do or say.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I certainly didn't mean to cause a revolution and am happy to see people wanting to continue this RP. It has been a history making thread. We have all put a lot of time and effort into keeping this going but Nakia is on a cusp now and questions what she can offer the present company. It may be that her talents are needed elsewhere. (?) :hmm:

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I think we need Nakia simply because she is the balancing point of the party (that common Hin touch :D ). On the other hand I don't think we truly utilise her shadowy skills, and if we're going to the Underdark, and some Dambreth clans are going to be around (some possible plot ideas for Ciana); we are going to really need her skills.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Okay, so we kill Perim, and bundle Nakia into a sack and take her with us. She'll understand, it's for the best :p

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, lots of sneaky action going on in the Underdark. We should just shanghai the both of them, Perim would be good for sending down rat tunnels and deep gnome tunnels to ambush some drow. But first, we must needs to the dwarves!

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have some problems that in all fairness I think I need to bring up.

We have some uber characters here. Daie/Maron, Delinos/Rosie and Sepp. Not sure where Kelvados is headed and Ciana is having problems. But I feel that Del, Nakia/Perim and Atten are getting rather lost. They are not uber although each has their own talents. Everyone likes to feel important and not just a character to be manipulated by others. With characters that have ultra-power who needs the rank and file?

The complaint has been made that the thread moves to0 quickly for everyone to post. True we need to be sure everyone has a chance to post.

To that I add with characters as powerful as we have what place does a non-uber character fill? You do not need either Nakia or Perim. Kelvados is a Master at sneak and the others can certainly handle any other problems.

This RP has been my favorite for quite sometime now but at the moment I just can't fit her in comfortably.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie is leaving soon, and Maron's not uber.

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

And it's really only Rosie thats uber, and that won't happen too much. I just wanted to hint at her true powah. :)

9. DarkStrider

Perhaps we could find a time when we could all meet in SP_MM or the FAI to have a chat about things. I know with 13 time zones to cover that's not going to be easy. But it could be useful.

10. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well, since we're in "My character's not so ueber" mode, I'll just say this in Sepp's defense. He didn't choose to be the prophesized Guardian, and one would have to be a little ueber to be able to stand up to Gruumsh.

Also, though he carries the Eye, he can not use its power, lest Gruumsh becomes aware of it. And in flesh form he has much less endurance and stamina with only one lung.

Still, he is one powerful little bumpkin.

11. Nakia

Media:
    I am not knocking the development of others characters. Yes, Sepp was rather commandeered for the role of Guardian. It was just too perfect a fit.

I do think it is time for Nakia to retire. Her clock is ticking and Hin don't adventure for long, at the most about 15 yrs and she is close to that. I do have another possible character that I think could be made to fit in especially with Jex gone. He is a fighter/mage from another RP. Half-elf. Elf lineage unknown but not drow. Except for his ears he looks human and he tries to keep his ears covered.

12. Daie d'Malkin

'cept he'd immediately be spotted by one of the elves :p

13. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Is there a reason that we're going to the Underdark?

14. DarkStrider

Yeah Sepp has some unfinished business with some aboleths and assorted nasties

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

So we're all going to the Underdark because he has a grudge against these nasties? Or is it for the good of mankind?

16. Daie d'Malkin

Oh awesome! Maron is gonna freak!

17. Scot

For the good of mankind.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Not elfkind? Forget it then :p

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

ok, the good of humanoidkind, but just give me a refresher on these nasties?

20. DarkStrider

Ladies and gentlemen I ask for your indulgence, when Nakia/Perim bring you out of the cave, please do not join the battle, just descibe coming to the cave mouth etc. You can then react to my next post.

@Dalamar the time has come

@Felinoid that momentI told you about has arrived

@A.N.Other Thank you for your help and support

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.