1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen OOC - 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey guys. I've recovered. I had a severe case of Neverwinter Nights addiction. It totally sapped my roleplay muse. Sorry for leaving you all in the lurch and blowing everyone, especially Elwithral, off.

I've managed to catch up on the rp. I think if I limit myself to just one RP in SP I'll manage to fight off my NWN cravings enough to keep current.

Good job leading, Nakia!

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh Joyous days. Welcome home, Scot. I do understand the problem. I'm involved with Morrowind.

Thank you for the kind words. Nakia has grown a lot which will be important when we get to her quest.

Welcome back, Benan. You and Scot have an interesting script going there.

Now we need to hear from Mauro. I'm rather counting on him when I introduce ya'all to my hometown.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:) Hallo Scot, glad to see you back and in tip top shape. PS, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

4. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

@ Nakia: I'm here! :) I'll be happy to continue wherever I was left at. In fact I don't know where I am anymore.

If you are kind to PM me and let me know where we are, so I can follow. That will be great

@ Scot & Benan: Welcome back to both of you! I'm special impressed by Scot comeback part. Very nice post :thumb:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What on earth is going on? One minute we were dealing with undead in a swamp and suddenly there are mindflayers. Who is where and what is happening?

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You're all still in the swamp dealing with undead and the necromancer. Sepp was being held deep underground by aboleths with mindflayer assistants, and was about to be eaten, when he grabbed on to Jex just as Jex was being pulled through a dimensional gate.

SPOILERS!!!
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

This next part will be somewhat confusing, just play along if you read this. Jex and Sepp are in a pocket plane of the death dimension that was formed when all the bodies from the battle were dumped unceremoniously in the swamp.

Jex was summoned to that plane by the necromancer who created the undead, as he hasn't had a spirit/soul since dying in Sepp's home long ago, and Sepp came along for the ride. Sepp is now underneath the mansion in the swamp, having been summoned by the necromancer, however, since he just came out of the death pocket plane, his perceptions are skewed. He sees the undead creatures and animals as beautiful creatures, and the necromancer as a goodly lord, while he sees the party as demons who are attacking them.

The party will perceive Sepp, and Jex, if he comes through the gate, as crimson covered shadows. We will be attacking on the side of the necromancer until somebody figures out how to get the blood membrane off of us and we perceive things normally again. Hopefully only the paladin npc will die or get dreadfully hurt before we figure things out.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Die? Who dies? Nakia can't die! No way, no how! :aaa: Just think of her as wearing Imoen's belt. She can be down to 0 HP but still alive.

Too much trouble if she dies. I would have to ask Tal for a new name and a new avatar and think of the confusion that would cause. Plus messing up another thread. :p

8. Scot

Don't worry Nakia, just stay away from Jex's scimitars!

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Hmm...the reason Del's being so quiet right now might actually be an advantage in this situation. You see, she's kind of, well...obsessed with Jex at the moment. If it weren't for Nakia dragging her along on this little excursion, she'd still be sitting on that log outside town worrying about him. (I always create a reason when I'm going to be gone from something, and given what had been developing so far, that's what I came up with.) So instead, she's following the group without being able to contribute, still worrying about Jex. :shake: But this seemed a bit too much drama to make an actual post about it, which is why I haven't made a post yet since I made the decision to come back.

Where this might come in as an advantage is recognizing his fighting style. If this "blood membrane" doesn't distort normal form beyond generalizing it, so that the forms of blades and humanoid shape are distinguishable, Jex's moves could clue Del in fairly quickly. What she makes of it won't be the truth, though, and instead of trying to help him, she'll probably go berserk. She's not smart enough to clue into that right away, so someone else will need to consult with her (the sudden radical change in behavior during the battle should be enough for a big "WTF!?") and make the intuitive jump.

10. Scot

Yes, Felinoid, I was thinking of something like that. The blood membrane just makes us look shadowy and crimson, but you will see a humanoid form with two curved blades and a smaller one with one small blade.

I was also thinking of Del, wasn't it she who long ago looked at Jex and saw that he had no soul/spirit, or only a very scant one.

Maybe having met his father's spirit and come out of death into life, somewhat like being born again, Del can look at Jex again, maybe in checking both Sepp and him out to make sure they're the real McKoy, and discover that he has a soul again.

Might even lead to Del reconciling with Jex.

11. Nakia

Media:
    Also, remember that Nakia and the drow Brothers are linked to Sepp and Jex. I think this should come into play some way. Now that they are back on the same Plane they should be able to sense each other albeit raggedly.

12. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I must apologize for not posting recently myself. Elendia has fallen into a sort of vision and while I am working on writing the vision I'm finding RL very time consuming. Go figure. I will post when the vision quest is finished but probably not until after the fight.

13. Nakia

Media:
    Apology accepted but not necessary. We post as we can and wish.

A comment on where we are. I am imagining us to be in a large cavern in a stone island in the swamp with a wizard's tower built above it. At the far end from where we are fighting steps lead up to the tower. How we got there was through a narrow entrance tunnel we found in our explorations.

Please add your own ideas/embellishments.

14. Nakia

Media:
    Let's not forget about the blood pool under the Tower. We need to clean that up before we finish here and I have a job for Atten if he doesn't think of it first. :) Our devines should do a little cleaning too.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

11 pages. :)

16. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I have been reading Rashemen, and I was wondering maybe I could reclaim Kelvados, since he is already in the group there wouldn't be too much trouble, just an idea. :)

17. Scot

Fine with me, check with your cousin. Should be okay.

18. Nakia

Media:
    Work it out with Elwithral. Just remember that Nakia and the brothers are very good friends, brothers -in-arms and Kelvados seems to have a warm spot in his cold heart for Sepp.

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Deffo. I've been trying to get Dalamar back into Rashemen for months. Not very hard, mind you. :) Anyway, I've been informing him of what's been done, and what has changed over time, so he should be in good shape to continue.

Yes, Delinos and Kelvados have grown accustomed to the two halflings, Sepp and Nakia. The others are still wary of the Drow a little bit, so they do not trust as easily.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex has no problem with the drow. The others might, Jex doesn't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.