1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks guys. Just send good vibes to NJ. Actually the whole state could use them but I'll take them.

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nakia and I were talking about this:

This is an open invitation to anyone out there who might be interested in joining the Rashemen RP.

Now would be an opportune time to hitch up with us. Yes, we're a pretty tight clique after almost going to hell and back together, but we're pretty welcoming to any races. You'll have to risk being turned to stone or bitten by a grumpy squirrel, but the rewards might be worth it.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

What rules ? What would you like ? What level ? And is there a synopsis ? And any other relevant information gratefully received and i'll try and be worthy.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    See here for story:
    Rashemen Summary

Scott is the leader of our little band of intripid and crazy adventurers. By now I'd say we are all at fairly good levels. We also have a Character Sheet Thread and a quest thread wandering around somewhere. Felinoid is in charge of the quest thread.

Rules? Standard RPing rules. See Tal's stickies.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Just so everyone knows, I've got a plan. :evil: Something is tracking the group from the east, and will eventually catch up. The only difference is that if the group goes east, the encounter I'm planning will happen much sooner. If the group goes west, it'll happen at a more inopportune time. Either way is fine. :)

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

It's great to see this thing still going guys. It looks really exciting! I'm still sorry real life got in the way, and I wasn't able to continue from the begining, but atleast my worry of everything dying has long gone. Looks like a great story is unfolding! :)

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, Rotku, you slacker. You got us started, then abandoned us.

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well, we're back in the tavern where it all started, so if the priestess or the waitress want to join up with us, better late than never. Same for drunken dwarves.

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Would love to, but can't sorry. This coming month is very busy. Doing a lot of travelling, so won't have much computer access. Prehaps after Uni starts up I might have time!

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Where is this at at the moment? All I can work out is that everybody is more or less back in the village.

12. Scot

We're in the tavern in Iceborn right now, heading out soon. The seed is part of the reward Sepp's mother gave Atten after the Earth's Heart was returned. It was in a long post, so you might have over looked it. Here's a link. getting the seed

And the pertinent parts:

Atten looked up as she came to him. Her form went to the ground and bowed to him. When she looked up, she said, “I thank you, Atten, and the Earth thanks you. Indeed all of Nature thanks you for returning the balance. It would not have been done without you. I fear that Sepp would never have been able to toss the Heart into the firey pit, knowing that I was in it and could not leave. Your name will be sung by the stones, to the end of the Earth. Thank you again.”

“Nothing could repay the debt owed to you for your service, but it will be attempted. Not long ago, Sepp tried to explain to you how the elements, earth, fire, air, and water, are also alive in a way that is the same, yet different, as the plants and animals and creatures are alive. He did his best to explain what it took me years of labor to understand, and you resisted his instruction some, yet none-the-less, he planted a seed of knowledge in your mind. Since then, that knowledge has been growing. You are not really aware of it, but when you accessed it was when you were the most powerful. For example when you combined the intelligence and anger of the rabbits with the power of the earth, or when you called Medvartak to your aid. If you continue to ignore this knowledge, eventually it will grow to such a size in your mind that you will be forced to walk around it, as an ivy vine blocking your path. If you chose, and I would suggest you do, go down this path here in your mind, and find out what you truly know.” She reached a hand into his head and gently touched his mind.

Touching the ember in front of him, a large chunk of amber with what seemed to be an acorn in it tumbled on to the ice. “Long, long ago, when the Earth was yet young, and Nature just a babe, before the gods were born, and plants and trees were the prime life on the planet, there was a race of sentient trees. As the gods started creating their races, there soon became no where where these trees were safe, and they dissappeared. This seed trapped in the amber, still holding the potential of life, is the last. If anyone has the wisdom to guide this tree, to decide if and when it should be planted, it is you.”

“And finally, take the gift of Sepp’s friendship that he has been offering to you, and that of the others as well. You will find that it is not such a bad thing, to be friendly. He has been doing great things, assisted by my power and that of the Earth’s Heart, and now that those are gone he will need guidance. He still has much to learn that I will not be there to teach him. Please teach him for me. In return, there are a few things that he will be able to teach you. Thank you again.” She bowed low once more before moving to Nakia.

13. Harbourboy

Hmm, I see. I don't remember that at all, but it sounds pretty impressive.

14. Felinoid

Baffling behaviour is fun. :roll: Apologies that I won't be around for the next twelve hours or so for any immediate response, but until I get back Delphinae should just stand at the top of the stairs, uncertainly aiming at DS's character.

@DS:
    No hard feelings I hope, but such a strange (and 3e :nolike: ) character is going to provoke a reaction from Del. It also seemed like an excellent chance to add a little peek at Del's plot. :D

15. Nakia

Media:
    Ok Harbourboy, pertinent to the Laelit thread. Them boots are for walking. Let's walk. :outta:

@Daie d'Malkin - is Maron fliting around in the trees somewhere. Nakia is looking for her. :wave:

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Nakia, she's in the centreof the town surrounded by people, healing. She is a cleric, after all...

17. Scot

Yes, WTF is going on with Del? Hurry up and either attack Cianna or figure out she's not hostile. We've got some walking to do.

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Fel doesn't want people to know at the moment; Del probably won't attack Ciana and stay out of her way with Nakia and Maron for support, we need to move to the temple of Corellon in the east. There the byplay between Del and Ciana will take a couple of hopefully interesting turns.

You want to add anything Fel :)

19. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks, Daie, DarkStrider. Harbourboy can we hear from you? I can't integrate my posts with others without somedirection either through the RP or the OCC or PM if I don't have some idea whet people are doing. I don't mean details, vague is fine. But Nakia (RP or me) is not the most patient person in the world (Real or fantasy). So far we've worked well together but I am quite capable of messing people up big time If I don't know which direction to go.

RP wise....Nakia doesn't have the fogiest idea what is going on. She is better at dealing with the "Big Picture" than before she got involved with Sepp but here and now is still what is important to her. See my character thread and PM me or OCC if you have any questions.

Nakia feels the ground beneath her hairy halfling feet tingling and is ready to move.

20. Felinoid

@Scot:
    Actually, I'm going to do neither. But as soon as everyone's accounted for (and their lack of 'corruption' is determined :rolleyes: ), we should be heading to Ciana's temple to the west. Del won't complain about it, but she'll still be wary. Further developments from there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.