1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten looked very pensive and deep in thought. Sepp didn't want to disturb him, he knew he had a lot to try and comprehend. Sepp had tried to put years and years of Ma's teachings and lessons about the nature of things into a few short stories and demonstrations. It had taken him a long time to really understand these things. But Atten looked to be very smart, and Sepp knew that sometimes an explanation of something could quickly make somebody realize a truth that had long been hidden. He was about to ask Atten if he wanted another explanation or demonstration about something Sepp had told him when Nakia came jogging up to them.

"There are two people following us," she said. "A man who carries many blades and a man in a robe. They are moving pretty fast. They must have some tracking skill, because we've been hiding our tracks fairly well, though with so many of us there's bound to be a trail. They don't look particularly menacing."

"Maybe something happened to Gesed," Sepp said, "or he remembered something about the snake people that he thinks we need to know, and he sent those people after us to give us a message. It's been awhile since breakfast, and I'm hungry. Let's have lunch. I'll sit on top of that large rock over there, in plain sight, having some food, and maybe one or two of you all could join me, and the rest of you could hide on the deep side of the river bank, or in those bushes to the left, and if they do start attacking us when they see me, those who are hiding can ambush them. Do you think that's a good plan?"

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia nodded her head and immediately moved into the bushes at their left.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

"I shall join you. You have no need to worry, little Sepp. None shall come near you while I still stand."

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Shrugging Jex slipped off the path and quickly clambered up a nearby tree. He settled on thick limb with his back against the trunk and stretched his legs out in front of himself. He pulled his hood low over his face to cover his heritage and wrapped the cloak around his shoulders, to fight the biteing wind. Comfortably settled, Jex slipped into a form of meditation, it would give him the rest he would need for at least day, but allowed him to be prepared for the arrival of the guests.

[ July 25, 2005, 21:19: Message edited by: Benan ]

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados bent down and put his ear to the ground. "The travellers have noticed us. Get ready.." he said to his brother. Delinos, taking off his wizard robes, revealed a tight body suit with bladed boots, knees, elbows and shoulders. He put on a pair of tight gloves with long blades on each fingertip. "I'll be ready." he said to Kelvados. "OK, I will take the trees on the left side, and you take the right. They won't be able to sense we're coming, unless they have a very skilled ranger or druid with them. Do not touch the ground, jump from tree to tree with no sound. Remember our training with F'yngae, back in the Underdark. 'Always keep moving' is what he told us many a time. Silent as shadows we must be." And at that, Delinos and Kelvados disappeared in a puff of smoke, reappearing on either side of the trail, in the treetops. They started their path through the trees, towards the travellers.

[ July 25, 2005, 22:18: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

6. Benan Gems: 20/31

Sitting in the tree, Jex had a clear vantage point of the newcomers. He made no move, there was no point in getting everybody excited. He quietly watched as they bounced from tree to tree, it was quite a show to watch. With his sharp vision he was able to tell that the one was definitley a mage. Whether a wizard or a sorcerer he was unable to tell. The other looked kind of like a porcipine. The half-drow knew than and there that he would be a challenge in a fight, but there were ways to defeat the spikes. They had limited movement.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Kelvados froze.

Noticing his brother, Delinos froze as well. He knew right away that they had been spotted. Almost simultaneously, they both became invisible. Like a spider, Kelvados crept on his hands and feet, not his knees, over to Delinos in the tree. "There is one in the tree," he said pointing at the tree where Jex was sitting," he's spotted us and he appears not to be doing anthing. He almost looks...Drow."

Delinos turned and stared at Kelvados. "What? We haven't seen any other Drow since we left Menzoberranzan!" he said anxiously. Kelvados said," He only looks Drow, he could be half..."

Delinos thought for a minute. "He can probably see us ... try moving and see if his eyes follow."

Kelvados made a move and watched as Jex's eyes did indeed move and follow. "Great.." he said sadly. "There goes our element of surprise.."

Just then Delinos got an idea. "Remember when we killed that gnome illusionist and he said that spell that made solid copies of him? Well, I am goin to try it. Freytuic Vernub Leerintoia!" Delinos whispered. Instantly there was about 10 copies of the two of them. They all teleported to different trees, and sat the same way as the real ones. Kelvados was satisfied by the surprised look on the half-Drow's face. "I'm gonna tell them to all jump around the trees, and so are we." They all started moving and then jumping from tree to tree, again and again.

Carefully watching the half-Drow, making sure he kept his eyes on the images, they descended to the ground without a sound. "I'm so glad we are accomplished acrobats." Delinos whispered with a wink. They then proceeded into the forest, deciding to go around the group and surround them.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten wondered what they had come up against this time. It was easy to use magic or other trickery to fool the eyes or the ears, but it was almost impossible to alter how your body's signature moved through the living force. Especially in a forest that was so full of life. Oh well, his discussions with Sepp would have to wait a bit longer until they dealt with whatever was coming their way this time.

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp munched on a dried mushroom. It was a little chewy, would have been much better fresh and fried up in goatmilk butter, but it tasted good enough. He swallowed it and took a slice of dried goat meat. Cutting it in half he asked Del, "Want some goat meat?"

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

The two Drow brothers, quiet as the wind, gracefully swept through the woods, far enough not to be noticed, but close enough so they could watch the group. They came to a tiny mound on which they both lept upon, and crawled behind. From here, they had a perfect view of the halfing eating his goat meat. Kelvados knocked an arrow to kill the halfling, with none being the wiser, but Delinos stopped him and said, "It's best that we converse with them first," ignoring his brother's angry stares,"they may be of help to us."

11. Felinoid

Hearing the familiar sound of an arrow being nocked, Delphinae whirled and drew an arrow of her own in one smooth motion. She spoke to the seemingly empty air from which the sound had come, "Hold!! Who goes there?"

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

With a wave of his hand, Delinos made Dephinae put down her arrow, and glided towards her. Noticing the others around Dephinae, Delinos said, "Hold your fire, surface-dwellers,"he said calmly,"I am Delinos DeVir, and this," Kelvados appeared beside him, "is my brother, Kelvados. We are from Menzoberranzan, and have lived on the surface for 8 years now. We require your help, and we were worried that you might try and kill us right away if we just simply came to you. We didn't want to hurt anyone."he said with a smirk. "We need to know where we are, and if you are on a quest, I'm sure we could help." Then Kelvados said, "And in return, you will help us." After a pause,"What say you?"

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

“Spare me from yet more people talking in riddles. Can you please be a little more specific? After all, it is you who have come seeking us. We know nothing about you, so you can hardly expect us to tell you all about ourselves straight away.”

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I'm truly sorry, do you want to know more about our quest or what we can do for you?"

15. Felinoid

After a struggle to regain control of her limbs, Delphinae spoke in a dangerous voice, "Two steps from the afterlife is where you are, wizard. Your endeavors are no concern of mine, and I would thank you to keep your taint away from me and my companions."

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hidden in the bush Nakia calls on her halfling bound to the earth and the shadows and without moving she yet moves deeper into the shadows, almost vanishing into the earth itself. She has her sling loaded and ready. She is a tight coil set to be sprung at any hostile move.

17. Nakia

Media:
    (Sorry double post)

[ July 26, 2005, 01:34: Message edited by: Nakia Nightshadow ]

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Please, I am sure we can help each other, if we lay aside our differences." he said with a pleading look.

19. Scot

"Well, we are on a quest, two quests actually. First to find the Earth's Heart, and then return it to the earth, and second, to kill everyone in the Fellowship of the Serpent. I don't know how difficult or dangerous the first one will be, but my brother saw at least one hundred people in the Fellowship of the Serpent, and there may be more. That's a lot of people for us to fight, even if we have some good fighters with us already, so we probably could use you to help us kill some of them. I'm new to this questing business, but I find that I'm kind of liking it, so maybe after we finish our first two quests, I could help you in yours, though I don't know how much help I will actually be. It feels like I mostly sit around and get in the way of things. I can't speak for the rest of our group though. By the way, I'm Sepp. Nice to meet you."

Sepp put the last bit of goat meat in his mouth and started chewing.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

When Kelvados notched his arrow, Jex finally reacted. He inacted the magic from his amulet and within seconds he had covered the distance between himself and the brothers. "I don't care if you come in peaceful terms, or that you are the first surface dwelling drow I've encountered since my father died, you point another arrow at Sepp or Del and I will go through you so quick your brothers magic will be useless." They were strong words, comeing from Jex, especially seeing how he had not drawn his scimitars. "Don't take it personal, and I would like to know more about your quest, but when I see a drow perpetuating the reputation our race has for being violent for no reason, It gets my blood burning."

Smileing at the brothers. Jex stepped past them and join Sepp on the mound. "Now we have told you about our mission, please tell us about yours. And by the way, my father came from Menzoberranzen. I know the story of what happened between House DeVir and House Do'Urden, I was told all the nobles had been killed?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.