1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Drow, Atten thought to himself. Just like most humans. Spending as much time bickering amongst themselves as actually doing anything useful. Atten was sure that he would want no part in this conversation.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia stayed unmoving watching the scene before her with halfling curiousity and vigilance. She was very proud of the way Sepp was handling the strange encounter.

She listen intently to the conversation. What could these drow want that would make them willing to join with 'surface' dwellers?

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Black jumped up on the rock next to Sepp. He hadn't been around for about a half hour, maybe he had been sniffing in gopher holes. "Don't trust these people, Sepp," he thought just to Sepp, "I've seen their kind before. These are like the bad people Pa always told you about."

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Sepp, you look like you've seen a ghost. Whats going on? Jex asked as he neared the halfling and haveing watched Black come to Sepp, he was able to deduct what the dog had told the halfling. His hands, now gripped the hilts of his blades and the fire was returning to his eyes. All he needed was a threatening move from either of the drow, or Sepp to nod, and as Del had said, he would become a walking blood bath.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Our quest, is to find the wizard who teleported us here. He tortured us for weeks, and then when he was finished, after draining alot of our power, teleported us near this place." Delinos said firmly, "If you could please help, we will help you."

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Delphinae sneered. "A likely story, mage. I seem to recall hearing something very similar when I passed through Amn a short while ago. You're not very imaginative." She spoke a command word "faern" and drew a shimmering arrow out of her Quiver. Aiming at Delinos she said, "I give you a final chance, dark one. Tell the truth or prepare to face your maker."

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I swear on our lives that we are not telling lies. We did try and kill the wizard beforehand, but it was for money, and we needed the money to survive. There was an 'illithid'",he said with a shudder," he was threatening to report us to the Cowled Wizards. We needed to pay him... and we never did. He is after us now, but the wizard did teleport us here. We underestimated him when we attacked and he cast a spell over us that put us in a bind, that we couldn't move, but we could feel pain. He tortured us for weeks, and then he became tired of the game, and teleported us here." His mood instantly changed as he pleadingly said,"I don't usually negotiate (or even talk for that matter) to surface-scu-- dwellers, but we need backup and as you might have seen, we have many skills to offer to your band."

8. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There was a lot that Sepp didn't understand, but he said, "Hmmn, it's against my better judgement, but if the rest of the group agrees to let you join us, I will agree with it too."

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I thank you greatly, kind hobbit.." He gave a pleading look at Dephinae and the rest. "We are not as ruthless as our kin. We want to help. I hope you can accept us. We've done fine on our own for now, but I fear our time is growing short."

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia stretches and moves from her hiding place to a spot slightly behind and to the left side of the drows.

"To bad someone doesn't know one of those 'know-the-truth' spells. Yet I be inclined to believe them. Folks are always ready to believe the worse of me so I don't like to jump to judge."

Speaking directly to the drows, "However ye did threaten Sepp so it do make you suspicious like."

She turns her back and moves off towards Atten. (She has very large eyes and extremely good peripheral vision.)

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos looked at Kelvados.

"If you truly don't wish to help us the--" Delinos started.

"We only threatened the halfling because he looked important to you and I think we were right. We needed to get your attention, and how were we to know that you wouldn't instantly lodge two arrows in our hearts because of the color of our skin? We haven't had very good luck with the surface folk as of late, as you might imagine. We are," Kelvados said with a sigh, "scared, and we have stopped acting like we are not."

12. Felinoid

"Perhaps Atten could at least ascertain their general motives. As I recall, most initiate druids of at least moderate skill can do that."

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos piped in, "Y-Yes, I think you are right, we used to know a druid and she could do it!"

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

“What? You think I’m some sort of lie-detector now? I can’t read minds!

All I can tell you is that these two people are not causing any disturbance, that I can detect, in the dark side of the living force. But that doesn’t mean much.

Let’s look at it this way. There is plenty of danger in the wilderness. These two could be good for us, or dangerous to us. But if they are dangerous, then they will be whether or not we ‘allow’ them to travel with us.

It’s a free world. I’m not about to kill them if they choose to travel along the same route as us to wherever we are going. Doesn’t mean I’m going to tell them my life story either. But at least if they stay where you can see them, they can’t sneak up on you.”

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"We TRULY want to help! Your quest sounds worthy.. The Heart something, can you tell me more? Of course I know about the Fellowship though, I'll be glad to kill all of them, and your friend," he said nodding towards Jex," saw our skills so.."

16. Nakia

Media:
    "I agree with Atten."

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Thank you!"

18. Felinoid

"Perhaps you may be of some use after all." Del put the arrow back in her Quiver, mumbled another peculiar word "yutsu", and the arrow seemed to disappear. "What is your opinion, Jex?"

19. Benan Gems: 20/31

"All drow are skilled, it doesn't make anyone special. And I to know the predjudice of the both the drow and the surface folk. I'm inclined to believe their story. If they had wanted a fight, I don't think that there would have been a hesitation when he had the arrow aimed at Sepp. That was a most un-drowlike action." Jex said as he removed his hands from his scimitars. "Let them join I say, we weren't this judging with Atten, Del or Maron. Granted none of them are full blood drows from a house that was destroyed."

20. Scot

"Okay, then we're all agreed. I don't know what you drow have all done to deserve such hatred, but Jex seems pretty nice to me, and he's half drow. But before we commit ourselves to help you on your quest, maybe we could know a little bit more about it. I mean, so for we know that a power wizard took you and tortured you. What do you want to do? Track him down and kill him? Ruin his power? How hard do you think it will be? Where do you think we'll find him? Why do you...uh, I can't think of anymore questions, but I suppose if you answer even one of those questions we'll know something more." Sepp tried to put an important look on his face, but thought that maybe he just looked stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.