1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Nakia here. With wings you can scout from above. Lovely. I'm off."

With that Nakia vanishes into the shadows.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Lead the way Maron." Jex said as he broke off the path into the dense trees. His bright red eyes flashing, a touch of bloodlust rushing through his veins. He was clearly happy to be fighting something, he had been itching for the feeling of a good fight.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten was surprised at the recklessness with which his new companions rushed into battle. He found himself somewhat left behind so picked up his pace to try and catch up.

"How many robed humanoids did you see? How big were they? What do you think they were? Any information you have might help us better prepare for whatever we are heading into!"

Hearing no immediate reply, Atten tried to reach out the living force to see if he could find out anything about what was up ahead.

4. Fellowship of the Serpent Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"Where is it?" Viper's Fang asked the miserable wretch. He touched his Adderstaff lightly and it increased its grip on the halfling's throat. "Are we going in the right direction? Tell the truth, you know what will happen if you don't!" The halfling made some noises through his gags, and indicated with pain filled eyes to the south. Viper's Fang caused the staff to squeeze the little bugger's throat, just for fun, and for payback.

"Venom!" he called to his sergeant-at-arms. "Keep your men ready. We are close to our goal. I can feel it. To hold the Earth's Heart in my hands again, after all these years! It will be worth all the pain!"

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten slowed as he concentrated on the grass and trees around him. He had never been as good as Darwyn at this. But this occasion did not require hypersensitive skills. This time, the signature was unmistakable. The creatures ahead had made no effort to hide their passing. Every blade of grass, every bush, every piece of earth, every rock, even the very air around him seemed to almost scream the same word to him: SNAKES!

“Snakes!” he yelled at the companions ahead of him. “We’re chasing snakes! Probably Yuan-Ti, or maybe other humanoids accompanied by snakes! Be wary.”

6. Benan Gems: 20/31

As near as Jex could tell he was going to be the first to launch and attack. Targeting the humanoid whom had just choked the victim he rushed out of the woods at a blinding pace. He dove when he was near the man, attempt to shoulder block the man onto the ground, maybe freeing the halfling. Bracing for impact Jex let out a scream that was a little bit rage and little bit pleasure before slamming into his foe.

7. Fellowship of the Serpent Gems: 1/31

Viper's Fang was stunned for a moment by the quickness of his attacker. He flew back from the blow, but Strangler caught him and pushed him back to his feet before advancing on the enemy with his blade.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Stepping from the shadows Nakia launched a flurry of bullets on the enemy both distracting them and doing damage. Disapearing into the shadows she saught for a good chance for a sneak attack.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron kept back from the fighting for a moment, gsturing and chanting. She felt the rush as Sune granted her enhanced strength, before leaping in using her wings to propell her, and smashing her mace down at the nearest enemy. Hopefully, the combined strength of her arm, and the momentum would floor the cultist.

10. Harbourboy

Atten stopped at the edge of the fight. Once again he pondered the foolhardiness of his companions who seemed to rush into battle without thinking. He surveyed the area. There appeared to be a about a dozen enemies. There were Yuan-Ti there, the evil half-serpent humanoids, but also several humans with snake-like tattoos.

Atten considered his options. Hand to hand fighting was not one of his specialties. He had little need for combat in the forest. Wild animals were no threat to him and he had many ways of easily avoiding stronger enemies.

Atten could see that Jex was clearly the most accomplished fighter in their group and appeared to relish the conflict. Atten wondered if Jex could possibly take on this whole group on his own.

Atten continued to watch then suddenly noticed one of the humans grab a long staff carved with writhing snakes. The human turned the staff in his hands and then struck the ground with it.

11. Fellowship of the Serpent Gems: 1/31

A Snake was just drawing his sword when a winged elf appeared and smashed a brilliant mace on top of his head. He crumpled to the ground. Next to him another robed human already had his blade out. He snarled at the Avariel, "He was just a hatchling. I am Venom, prepare to be plucked!"

A few of the robed humans were chanting, with small bursts of crimson and sickly green flowing out over the group.

Two Yuan-Ti and several robed figures were beginning to make a circle around the dark elf, quietly laughing at him.

Viper's Fang shook as his staff met the ground, pulsing energy into it, and creating poisonous serpents out of the sticks and stones.

A few of the robed humans let out hisses of pain as hard rocks found their marks. One even went down with his hand over his eye.

12. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp could see Gesed's face as he was thrown to the ground. He didn't look good. Sepp was almost to the group of robed people when Black suddenly stopped right in front of him. He toppled over the dog, just barely managing not to stab himself or his uncle in the process.

"What are you doing?" he yelled at the dog. "Of course I want to rescue Gesed, what do you think I'm trying to do? No, I don't want to get myself killed. Oh, okay, you win."

He jumped behind a rock almost large enough to cover him and took out his sling. He saw several people around Jex, some with their backs to him. He aimed for their heads.

13. Nakia

Media:
    Hiding in the shadows Nakia found herself in a choice postion. Jex was in the center of the group. In a brief second Nakia equiped her sling with an exploding bullet and choosing a target slighlty behind and to the left of Jex she let fly. There was a loud explosion and a brief flash of light. The human fell to the ground and others looked around for the source of trouble.

Nakia had now moved into another postion in the shadows after lobbing off some non-explosive bullets towards the human with the snake-staff.

14. Harbourboy

Atten saw the mass of snakes that erupted from the staff. Normally snakes would not bother him, but he was not sure if these ones would prove as easy. Something had to be done about them because he was sure that none of his companions would have any immunity to the serpents' poison, no matter how accomplished they were at fighting.

Atten slowed his breathing and attempted to reach out towards the living force of the snakes. The sensations that came back to him was evil and magical. These were no ordinary snakes like the ones in the forest that were so easy to charm.

Atten concentrated harder but only succeeded in causing a few of the snakes to stop and look around in a confused manner. There was no way he was going to be able to fully control them.

He called out to the others.

"Watch out for the snakes! I can only slow them down, I can't control them. They're too powerful for me!"

15. Fellowship of the Serpent Gems: 1/31

"Bloody Hell! Arrgggh!" Two bullets stung Viper's Fang's back and side through his chainmail. He looked around for the source of this nuissance and saw a shadow moving towards the front of his band. He wasn't exactly sure where the flee was, but then he didn't need to be, "Tuez-halgotni-egasz!" he chanted, calling down a pillar of flame on the area the shadow had disappeared into.

16. Nakia

Media:
    A pillar of flame struck where Nakia had been a moment before.

"Blast, it singed me hair. I'll get ye mage. Somehow!" Nakia spoke softly to herself.

Nakia was natural resistant to poison but these were magical snakes. Care need be taken. She couldn't use an exploding bullet or a fire potion because it was too near Jex.

She moved deeper into the shadows. There was a human menacing Maron. Pulling a poisoned dagger she let fly at his back. It wouldn't kill him but at least distract him. The poison was from a plant so hopefully it might have some effect on him.

Keeping to the shadows she moved again.

17. Fellowship of the Serpent Gems: 1/31

"Unnh!" A dagger pierced Venom's chainmal, poking into his back, disrupting his thrust which would have surely skewered the winged-elf. Instead the blade just grazed her side. He recovered and pulled the dagger out of his back, then felt the poison taking effect. "AAARRGG!" he roared, focusing his will to overcome the pain. He'd smash the rat that threw that, but first things first. He easily parried another swing of the elf's mace and made a few feints to open up a shot for a killing blow.

18. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp threw a few more bullets at some of the robed people. He couldn't believe how fast Jex was swinging his scimitars, thrusting and parrying against five or six foes. All of them had such long blades, Nakia was right, little people like him didn't stand a chance going up against big people with long blades. He thought of tangling up their feet and ankles, but didn't know how to keep the grass from grabbing at Jex and Maron too. He had to do something to save Gesed, but what?

A familiar presence tried to come into him, but he resisted and pushed back. "No Ma, I want to be a part of this. I want to be the hero. I won't..."

Sepp quickly walked over to Atten and touched the human's back with both his hands.

"My boy has the will, but doesn't know what to do. You know what to do, and are only slightly lacking in the strength. Take my strength."

The ground shook slightly under the two bodies as power welled up around them.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Having moved up the right side Nakia could see 4 or 5 creatures in back of Jex. She considered the scene before her then reached into her bag of holding and pulled out a light-cross bow and bolts.

Taking careful aim she sent a bolt through the neck of one of the chanting robed humans next to a yuan-ti. The yuan-ti turned with a growl and headed in her direction.

Automatically she moved to another postion.

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex was spinning with scimitars flashing at weaving, constantly moving. He was bleeding from a wound in cut above his eye from his collision with Vipers Fall. Pivoting on one foot he stabbed straight behind him with one scimitar and fending the attacks of another foe with the other. He felt his blade enter the body of the enemy behind him. Pulling back, he suddenly jumped and cleared the head of the nearest enemy, landing closer to Venom, ducking down he swung both scimitars straight across slashing at Venoms torso, feeling the blades slip into the mans torso, Jex pivoted again and went after Venoms Fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.