1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia smiles at Sepp. "Thank you. The speed potion does this when I stop. Makes me collapse. I have some natural poison resistance, bet you do too, and with the help you gave I'll be okay soon.

How is your brother? Do you see Maron. I think she can help."

With that Nakia closes her eyes and relaxes.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jex stood slowly, he dropped one scimitar and held his ribs with his free hand. He was brusied, battered and had at least a dozen cuts. His face was sticky with blood some of it his own, most of it his enemies.

Seeing that Fellowship and it's followers had either been killed or fled he relaxed and sheathed his weapons. He wiped some of the blood of his face, his skin was stained, and he had a deep cut above his eye. Enacting the magic of his medellion again, the wound began to slowly stich in a few minutes it would be a pale scar against his gray pallor. In a few hours, he'd be ready for another fight. But now he was more concerned with the others "Is everyone alright, is anyone dead? Did we survive out first encounter with the Fellowship of the Serpent?"

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Black sheepishly crept out from some bushes with his tail between his legs. He looked nervously at Jex, then at Sepp. "I'm sorry I took off running. I never was much good at standup fighting, and this body is really just that of a normal dog. It's good enough for chasing snow hares, but not much in a real fight. Plus, that guy that got real big, I've seen him before. Right before I got an axe in my face. He really spooked me. So I guess you could say that I didn't survive my first encounter with the Fellowship of the Serpent, but I did survive the second."

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia opens one eye, looks at Jex, slowly sits up, pulls out a flask of water and rag. She holds it out to Jex.

"Don't know where Maron is and I think Atten is just out from the powerful magic he had."

Placing the flask and rag on the ground she lies back down.

5. Benan Gems: 20/31

Wetting the rag, Jex wiped some of the blood of his face. He would have to bathe to get the rest of it. But until they found a body of water this would have to do. "Atten really came through for us. I don't think that without his magic we would've been victorious" said Jex looking to the prone form of the druid.

Searching the skies and surrounding are he wondered where Maron had gone. The half drow was interested in meeting an avariel, he had heard legends about the winged elves, but he had never seen proof of their existance.

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sepp took a moment to check his body for injuries. His chest was quite sore from the rock slamming into it, but amazingly there were no cracked ribs. The healing drinks seemed to have taken effect on Gesed. Sepp carefully started to untie Gesed from the post he had been tied to. After he was off it, he took Nakia's flask and some rags from his bag and started to unwrap Gesed's hands and clean them.

Most of the bones in his hands and wrist had been crushed. Healing drinks could only do so much. Gesed would need months to be fully better.

"Gesed," he said, "About Ma and Pa and Drell..."

"I know, Sepp," Gesed whispered. "That guy Viper's Fang, their leader, told me about how he did something that killed them all. He kept talking about the Earth's Heart, but I've never heard of it. That's mostly what they were torturing me about. Except for my feet, they cut them off after the third time that I got away."

"Black, tell Gesed what you told us about the Earth's Heart," Sepp said. Black nodded and sat down next to his nephews.

Sepp finally removed the wraps around Gesed's lower legs. His feet had been hacked off just above the ankles. Sepp put a herb poultice and clean bandages from his bag on them.

"Gesed, these people here helped me find you. Without them I surely never would have done it, or I would have been killed when I did. This here's Nakia, that's Jex, over there is Atten. That angel you might have seen is Maron, though she said she's an Avariel. They're all great. I'm sure they'll keep helping us. Don't worry, everything will be alright."

"We're not far from the village of Iceborn. There's a tavern there, where you can get food and a place to stay. And there's a nice lady named Karren there. I bet she could help you get along there for awhile, and you could watch her baby for her, like how you watched me when you broke your knee and Drell had to go out with the goats til you got better. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Gesed's eyes looked haunted as he listened to Sepp, "Yeah, that sounds great, Sepp. That sounds great."

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Uhhhh, my head. Oh, the giant! I'm sorry I failed...."

Atten looked around and saw that he wasn't dead and that the battle seemed to be over.

"What happened?"

8. Scot

Sepp quickly walked over to Atten and checked him over to make sure he wasn't injured.

"You saved the day, Atten. You created really big vines and roots that tangled most of the snake people up. Then Jex and Maron killed the really big person, but he stole my Ma's spirit away. I asked the vines you created to sprout thorns and they did, killing some of the snake people. Then Nakia and I killed the rest with our slings. But one of the snake persons wasn't really dead, and bit Gesed and Nakia. I slowed the poison down, but I don't know how to remove it. Nakia said she'd be fine, and Gesed too, but I'd feel better if I knew that the poison was totally out of them. Do you know how to do that?"

9. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia slowly rose.

"Atten, I'll be okay. If you have the strenght look to Gesed. He badly needs help."

With that Nakia moves around the battle field picking up various items. She brings them back to the little group and drops them on the ground.

Pointing to some rings and amulets she says, "These may be of interest. They feel evil to me."

Turning to Sepp she pulls out a gold coin. "We will need coin to help with Gesed's care. I have some we can use."

10. Scot

"So you do know what those shiny round pieces of metal are for! Well that's good that I've got that big bag of them in Pa's bag. We can give them to Karren or somebody and they can take of Gesed for me, right?"

Sepp took a look at the rings and sparkly things Nakia had collected. He could feel the grass shuddering under their weight. Nakia was right, they were really evil.

"You're right, Nakia, those things are really bad." He stretched his hand out over the things. He moved back over one that didn't feel bad, or good. He picked it up and examined it. It was a plain ring of dull yellow metal, with little markings of shields all around it. "This one doesn't feel bad though." He put it on his biggest finger. He felt a little surge of power cover his body, starting from the finger the ring was on, but after that he felt a little safer. "I like it, it looks pretty too."

He took out his handaxe and went over to a tree with a few dead branches. He put his hand on them. One had a family of shrews living in it, so he left that there and took two long branches above it. After trimming them and making them somewhat straighter, he took a cloak from the snake people and cut it up with his dagger. Soon he had a good enough stretcher made.

"Can one of you help me lift Gesed onto this? We should try to get him in a real bed as soon as possible."

11. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia came over by Sepp. "you and I can carry him. That leaves Atten and Jex free in case of danger. Wonder what happened to Maron. Hope she is alright."

12. Benan Gems: 20/31

Picking up the rings and amulets Jex dropped them in a small pouch. "Their evil doesn't bother me as much it seems to bother the two of you. They are only as evil as the wearer."

13. Scot

The group set off with Black in the lead followed close on by Jex, Nakia and Sepp carrying Gesed, and Atten bringing up the rear guard. Since they were close to the road to Iceborn, and they didn't want to jostle Gesed, they took the road instead of the creekbed. In not too long a time they were back in the tavern they had departed from not that long ago. But it seemed like a different life to Sepp.

They set Gesed down near the fire. "Nakia, could you talk to the bartender for me about arranging someone, maybe Karren, to care for Gesed for awhile? You seemed like you really knew how to talk to him before, and I don't know what to say." Reaching deep into his Pa's bag, he pulled out the smaller but heavier bag of coins and handed it to her. "Use these if you need to."

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Atten looked around agitatedly as the group entered the tavern.

“I’m not keen to spend much time in this place. If you’re going to be here for a while, I might head out and trade a few supplies, which is the only reason I ever normally suffer to come into this town. How long before you plan to head back to find the Heart of Earth?”

15. Scot

"Just long enough to make sure Gesed will be taken of, and maybe to take a short, or maybe a long, nap too. I'm eager to get back home too." Sepp sat down on the floor and checked Gesed's bandages. There was just a little new blood, but that was normal for being carried a ways. He had no idea what Gesed was going to be able to do for the rest of his life.

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Atten, lets go get supplies. I'm not comfortable standing in the midst of other, while I'm covered in blood. Especially with my heritage and their reputation." Jex said as he paused at the entrance. "At least outside, I can keep my hood up and leave my face hidden."

17. Harbourboy

Atten looked relieved to be leaving the tavern.

"I need to go to the market area. I have some dried forest herbs to sell."

18. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia spoke to the bartender and made arrangements for the care of Gesed. She returned to Sepp and gave him back the bag of coins, much lighter now.

"Gesed will be well taken care of. I've made arrangements for a room and bath for us.
    There is talk about these snake people. Just rumors tho."

19. Scot

"Thanks Nakia. I don't know what we'd do without you. Will you help me get him upstairs?"

Sepp and Nakia carried Gesed up to the room. There was a hot tub of water. With Nakia's help they got Gesed undressed and into the water. Sepp put a few handfuls of various herbs in the water to aid in healing any hurts that Gesed had left. Sepp washed out Gesed's bloody clothes in a smaller tub that was nearby. After he was clean, they got him out, wrapped him in a goatskin blanket, and put him on a little bed. The water was filthy with blood and dirt. Sepp took a small rock out of his pockets and dropped it into the water. Soon, all the dirt and blood had collected in a scummy lump at the top of the tub, which he scooped off with a ladle from the smaller tub. Then the water started bubbling with heat from the small rock. Sepp felt totally scummy himself, he looked at Nakia.

"I don't know which one of us is dirtier, me or you. You look pretty bad, but then I haven't seen my reflection for awhile either. Do you want to have your bath before or after me?"

20. Nakia

Media:
    "Take your bath while I see what I can get us to eat. That rock is sure handy. Glad you got some magic ability. Maybe you and Atten can help each other. The most magic I might have is I can sometimes feel trouble and that something is evil."

Nakia went downstairs and got some food and returned to the room. Gesed seemed to be sleeping quietly. She looked sadly at the young halfling. Life was hard indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.