1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Daybreak in Silverymoon

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander takes a sip of the water, then offers a lil to Draco, who gladly accepts and seems to want some more. He then leans back and thinks for a second. he says, "What do we know so far?" Then answering his own question replies, "not that much. So why are we sitting here doing nothing?" He then pull out his staff and begins working on it trying to improve it's striking (turn it into masterwork).

ooc: since I'm so new and just getting the hang of the char gen, I have found new things that if I had known I would have included so I'm sending yet another char sheet that is edited to fit my skills and char better.

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Summarising the events of Monday nights online session:

Knomal, Jakob and Mr Pimm decided to make another attempt to speak to the owner of the Crimson Serpent Coster, while Thomas kept watch. When they entered the office the clerk seemed very nervous, told them they were 'closed' and fled out of the back door. They followed, into a dining area then Pimm tried a side door. It opened into the main warehouse, where a wagon and team of horses stood, surrounded by crates.
    A half orc guard had a crossbow trained on the door and as Pimm retreated he loosed off a bolt, striking the cleric square in the shoulder. The party closed the door, Pimm removed the bolt, healed himself and they reconsidered. Knomal checked out the staircase which led from the dining room to a landing on the upper floor ....

OoC Party: Feel free to add how your character saw things.
    Next online Tues, 5-7pm EST, in the Nameless Room.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 17, 2001).]

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

OOC: No problem Erran even though I did like my improvisation. Prehaps you should be a bit more detailed (just a suggestion) on your rundowns on live gaming sessions because, like I said, I didn't understand that she was the wagon mistress or that the wagon to waterdeep was departing from the warehouse. I was just trying to keep my name in the story ;)

Xalen, deciding not to wander to such a dank and dusty warehouse with the rest of the party, made his way to the local supply shop to purchase some arrows, as he was fresh out. "Best to be safe rather than sorry later on," he thought to himself. Stroling around the store, his eye catches a masterwork bastard sword. Definately something to explore later, when sufficient funds are to be had, but such a weapon was simply not in his deck of fate for today. Summoning the rather burly shopkeep, Xalen purchaces 20 arrows (OOC: does a quiver come with these??), along with a sack, a waterskin, and a flint and steel. Having paid the shopkeep, Xalen exits the shop and slowly stolls to where the party is investigating across town. He takes in the city sights in the light of day, marveling at such a feat as the moonbridge. Eventually, he sees the warehouse in the distance.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited July 19, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited July 20, 2001).]

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

OoC: Thanks, Xalen, for keeping us on the same page!

Tuesday night online:
    While Jakob searched downstairs, Knomal went upstairs, followed by Pimm. At the top or the stairs was a door guarded by a dwarf. A combination of fast talk and bribe convinced the dwarf 'Barent' to change sides. the door led onto a mezzanine or balcony which ran around the warehouse. Below a half orc was loading the wagon, seeing the party on the balcony he gave the alarm and drew his shortsword. Barent drew his greatsword, ran round the balcony and descended the stairs. In the ensuing battle Barent was struck several times and Pimm used his healing skills. Knomal's dart missed but Pimms sling hit true. Finaly Barent struck home and the half orc guard dropped.

Meanwhile, the clerk had opened the doors and climbed on the waggon which now began to leave. Knomal tried to grab the backboard but lost his BALANCE and fell in the dust. Barent made a running JUMP and landed in the back. A red haired woman hissed "Traitor" at him and jabbed a hairpin into his chest. Barent was now in very bad shape, (1hp) with failing strength we slashed at the woman in the back of the swaying wagon. She screamed and fell, mortaly wounded.
    "Stop!" Barent called to the clerk driving the wagon. He brought the horses to rest, just outside the West barracks of the Knights in Silver.
    "Help! Thieves! Murderers!" he cried, as he raised his hands above his head. Knights and robed figures surrounded the wagon.

Meanwhile, back in the warehouse, Knomal searched the body of the half orc and Pimm cracked open some crates. They contained (recent) pottery and gardening tools.

OoC No more online sessions until weekend, please post here. Remember, the party in the warehouse do not know what has happened to Barent and vice - versa.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 19, 2001).]

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Pimm, looks up from the crates that he's opened, "Usless junk..." he looks casually in the direction that the wagon barreled off in, and wonders what happened to their new murderous companion, Barent.

He *thinks* he saw the dwarf get stabbed in the chest with a needle or something, but the wagon was moving too fast at that point to tell, then it was out of site.

He wonders what Knomal found on the mangled corpse of the guard, and steps over one half
    of the half-orc, "Serves you right" he mutters at the legs and waist that are lying there. As he takes a look at the rogue looting the upper-half of the body, he reminds him, "Don't forget to retrieve the quill you threw into the wall there."

"So what do we do? Go see where the wagon wound up? or do we find where the gnome wandered off too? We seem to have lost our 'little people.'"

(Ooc, Erran, Pimm got the first hit on the half-orc with his sling ;))

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited July 18, 2001).]

6. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander sees a wagon fly by out of the corner of his eye. He stops what he is doing, puts away his tools, and walks out of the tavern to see what has happened. He sees a large dust cloud that seems to have originated in the warehouse. *sigh* Xander thinks to himself, "I bet that was the caravan meant to take us." He then walks over to the warehouse see's what has happened, and attempts to summon a wild horse using summon natures ally.

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob runs round the corner from the warehouse, and headlong into the party. He starts gesticulating frantically and babbling incoherently. "The... the lousy fathers of trolls, they shot Pimm. He lives, but the blasted overgrown goblin - curses...we're all going to...Pimm and Knomal, they're still...calm down, Jakob, calm down...Ok, the clerk's been acting suspiciously at the warehouse and some orc sired goblin took a shot at Pimm. I left, threatening to warn the knights in silver. Knomal and Pimm are still in there. We might need some backup if things turn nasty!" As he gabbles in his panic he thinks he can hear a commotion at the warehouse and the sound of a frantically driven wagon. "Looks like the jig's up, lads!" he cries, pulls a crossbow from his pack, loads a bolt and runs back to the warehouse.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 18, 2001).]

8. herf Guest

ooc, me is barent :)

As the wagon came to a stop Barent observed as warriros in shining armour surrounded the wagon, "Must be the city police force," he mumured to himself, "better turn meself in afore ae lose mae head n shoulders, one ae me new companons'll find me, i just hope their soon..."
    Barent jumped over the side of the wagon and raised his arms in surrender.

9. ayecapitan Guest

Knomal tucked the trophy short sword behind his belt and picked up a crossbow as well, along with some bolts and gold the orc had.

"We better go find the dwarf now, who knows what kind of trouble can he get in... Now he'd think everyone be wantin' to smash him, even the Knights..." he said, imitating the dwarven way of speech.

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen stands rather stunned as he sees the wagon surrounded by guards. "What in the Nine hells is going on here," he mutters to himself as he grasps at he bastard sword beneath his cloak. Thiking better of the situation, he jogs the last few feet to the warehouse where he spots the bard from the Inn standing outside.

"Thomas, my *hem* good friend, what is happening here. I assumed you were simply going to scout this place and perhaps see what the group seemed like. Now I see guards and armed men swarming the area*looks nervously around as he pulls his hood closer around his face* What has been going on in my absence? Is this any of our companions doing?"

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Well. Xalen my friend, from what I can make out Jakob's previous scouting had tipped them off and they ambushed our party when we returned. I was keeping watch outside when the doors were flung open and the Wagon burst out, nearly ran me down. As they passed I saw a Dwarf fighting with a red haired woman in the back of the wagon. Let us hurry over there and see what we can do!"
    Thomas replied, then they ran over to the stationary wagon.
    The clerk was babbling about being attacked by robbers and murderers and Barent was disarmed and led away.
    "This doesn't look good for our new 'friend' Thomas whispered, if only there was some way we could get a look at that woman's body, I'm sure we'd find something!"

OoC Knomal also found a stoppered bottle on the remains of the half orc guard.
    Xps so far: 300 each for Barent, Knomal and Pimm.

12. ayecapitan Guest

Knomal wiped the blood off his new sword while approaching Xalen and Thomas.

"We better make a good point to those knights... I wish not to be accused of this murder if they believe the clerk."

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Look look, there is another of the robbers!" cried the clerk, pointing at Knomal. "And there was a gnome, and someone dressed as a priest...."
    A knight in Silver approached Knomal, with sword in hand.
    "Would care to follow me into the barracks? I have some questions for you, sir."

14. herf Guest

"Ey, we aint done nuttin, let us go nae!" Barent whispered into the nearest guards ear.
    "Ye see that old guy over dere, him an is bitch and his bastard offspring all attacked me an my friends while we we're trying to get passage on dere wagon. The orc sliced me up real good with his little sword and then his bitch stabbed me with a wee knife o ers, ask my friends, see wot dey say..."

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander abandons his spell, and instead steps into the shadows so he can hear all that is said and decide his course of action from there. As he listens he realizes he doesn't need to be here, so he sneaks out and walks back to the tavern where he starts back at working on his staff. As well as listening to the other adventurers around him.

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob runs round the corner to the warehouse, slightly out of breath and lagging behind the others. He lets his crossbow dangle form one hand, while he props himself up against a wall to catch his breath. He sees Pimm still in the warehouse and addresses him. "Pimm, you're okay...I thought, when the jig was....where's Knomal, is he?..." Jakob's eyes settle on the body of the guard. "By the...what, what the... is he?...uuuuuurrrghhh, by all the gods, of course he is *gag, choke*...excuse me, I don't feel ... I think..." Jakob sat down and tried to regain his composure. After a while he rose, still pale and shaking, trying desperately to avoid looking at the body. "So, Pimm, I told the others, some might still be coming. I'll need you to tell me what happened and what you plan to do."

17. ayecapitan Guest

Seeing the clerk point a finger at him, Knomal realized that his fears came true. He saw Barent standing beside one of the guards, bloody and battered.

Good thing I did not get inside that wagon, even the dwarf got some, he thought, Tymora does help me when I need it, just I'm not quick to understand that...

While he was thinking, the Knight approached him - "Would care to follow me into the barracks? I have some questions for you, sir."

"Oh, of course my lord, it is my duty to offer you all the help you need in this investigation." he offered, trying to speak in the most calm and confident tone.

18. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius wakes up with a set, realizing the ale from yesterday had gone to his head and knocked him out. He looks around the Inn and find several people missing. As Xander enters the Inn, Garacaius approaches him "Sorry good sir, but can you possibly tell me where the little gnome with the decent clothes in here went?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 19, 2001).]

19. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

(Ooc Erran I really need to know when the session will be this weekend, so I can be available)

Pimm suprised by the sudden appearance of the gnome, who had somehow turned green, hesitates for a second.

"Oh, aye..." says Pimm looking back, in the direction of the stairs, where most of the half-orc carcass lay, "its as ripe as a dwarven turd. Disgusting isn't it?"

"Knomal left just a minute ago to find the dwarf... oh, you didn't meet the dwarf. Well it went like this: After I was ventilated by that mongrel over there..." gesturing back at the guard parts, "Knomal and I took the stairs and met this strange fellow named Barent - the dwarf. He was under the employ of this establishment, but under the duress of a few coins Knomal gave him, he rethought his loyalties. Seems he was itching to use this very large sword he'd been carrying around. Oh, yes, that's his handywork behind me, after he finished with the guard, he jumped on the wagon that the clerk and some woman was fleeing on... Lost sight of him after that."

"You didn't happen to see a wagon with a dead dwarf in it? or maybe you saw a wagon with a chopped up lady in it, and a chopped up clerk, oh, and probably chopped up horses as well..."

"Wait.. you didn't see Knomal? He only left a minute ago... given that he has the spoils from the guard, we should see where he's wandered off to! and perhaps find out what happened with the dwarf... it is hard to find good people that will kill with so little provocation these days. Let's go."

On that note, Pimm walks out of the warehouse into the street to look around for missing colleagues.

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ooc: The names Majikus.

Majikus wakes up with a jerk. He looks around feeling groggy and notices that he is in a cell. The cell is nothing more then a small room that you would find in a cheap inn...thing is is that what you would find in a cheap inn room is a luxury compared to the furniture in the cell.

All that is in the cell are 2 beds with old straw in them and a toilet with a crude looking sink. There was also some 2 bowls on the floor. One was filled with a type of musty smelling broth and the other with water.

Majikus takes both bowls and consumes them quickly satisfying his hunger and thirst. After finishing the meal, he lays down on one of the beds and stares at the wall...

A few minutes later, Majikus hears the sound of feet coming towards the cell. The first thing he notices is a tall guard walking a stocky dwarf to the cell. The guard opens the door and the dwarf enters and automatically walks to the free bed and slumps on it muttering...

Majikus stares at the dwarf silently and nots that he is cut and bleeding. He is also able to understand the dwarven tongue the dwarf is speaking in and comprehends it as thus...

"its a gud thin i killed that half-orc and womam! but it costa me alot of pain! darn it! I gotta see what they gots outta em pockets! And when i get back with pimms an-"
    Ooc: note, majikus speaks to the dwarf in the dwarven tongue

"Excuse me...*the dwarf raises his head and stares at Majikus but Majikus coninues* I can see that you have been in a sought of...fix...and maybe i can be of assistance if you wish...but wait, where are my manners? My name is Majikus...I am a Necromancer...what is your name and why are you in here?"

The dwarf stares at Majikus and opens his mouth to speak...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.