1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: A New Direction

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sat night online:

Hayden bought his banded armour and Jakob sold the rat-tails. They learned about the pirate Veris who had a 5000gp price on his head. Next they then went to see Uto, the map maker. After some discussion where Jakob noted that channels had to do with a river or the sea, he sold them a sea chart of the Stormy Bay area showing 2 rocks called 'Amanautor' and 'Selune' - the sun and moon! They then went down to the harbour and hired the services of Fynn, a fisherman and his boat.
    They sailed along the coast and came to the rocks. Garacaius insisted that they should sail between them, despite Fynn's misgivings.
    He took down the sail and used the oars. As they passed the rocks Milla noticed that they had once been statues. However they were now so weathered it was impossible to tell who or what they had been. Garacaius spotted the entrance to a sea cave in the cliffs dead ahead. They made for that and entered. Inside there were stone jetties on the far side, covered in rubble from landslips. Fynn landed them but would not stay as it was clear the cave mouth would be submerged as the tide rose. He promised to return the next day at high tide. 'Lassael was the first ashore on the weed covered jetty. Garacaius noticed the rotted remains of another craft in the water. The others lit lanterns and began to explore the rubble. 'Lassael noticed some steps leading up to collapsed doors to their left.

50xp to Hayden
    100xp to Garacaius, Milla, 'Lassael & Jakob.

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

OOC: To be fair, that observation was mainly on Hayden's part. I just commented on it.

3. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Missing Hayden's visit to the armor dealer, Sarathien decided to make a tour there on his own, meeting up with the others after finishing his business. Leather gives sufficient protection at most times, but the ranger feared there'd be more trouble ahead than his normal armor could take.

Entering Matteo's shop, the elf looks around inspecting some suits of chain armor.
    "I would be interested in aquiring one of these chain mails, which one would you recommend and how much is it?"

Paying the appointed 150 gp, Sarathien decides not to put the heavier armor on just yet. It will be handy when trouble arrives, but to cumbersome to wear normally.
    ---------------------------------

Finishing his business with the armor dealer, Sarathien walks to Uto's to find out that his companions had meant to head out to sea. Going down to the wharf, the elf asks around for the party's likeness, getting directions for Fynn's landing point. Finding the party just as the ship is about to leave, the ranger hollers "Wait for me" and jumps the few feet to land on the deck of the ship.

During the sea journey, the ranger spends an unhealthy amount of time next to the decks rail, staying out of any conversations whatsoever. As the party disembark at the tunnel entrance, Sarathien is noticably pale and spends the first minutes just walking to and fro at int he fresh air, trying to get his vigor back.

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited February 04, 2002).]

4. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla takes a look in the same direction as 'Lasseal since she seems to have found something. Discovering the steps she starts walking upwards careful not to trip. She stops by the collapsed doors and investigates them.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited February 04, 2002).]

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

'Lassael regards the ruined doors thoughtfully, storing facts about their appearance in her mind and wondering what could have collapsed them...what could have destroyed this monument of a long-gone civilization. The earthquake...or something more?

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

As 'Lassael approached the collapsed doors she notices bas-relief carving around the frame. Much of it had broken away, but what remained seemed to show barges bearing bodies (?) being rowed into a cave, then being carried by bearers. The doors seemed to have fallen off their hinges through age or as a result of earth movements.

OoC: Let's not go through the doors yet ;)
    Feel free to explore outside for a while.

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

(ooc: hehe, I wasn't planning to. This is the sort of thing you save for the session...I'd say, since we're running out of ideas outside, to keep it quiet in here ;))

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius walks around eagerly in search of any text printed in the walls or pillars, or any other info left from whoever build this place and wondering who that might be too.

Last of their line... Netheril? Dragons? Some other ancient beings? Hmm...

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

The figures seemed human, although their style of dress was unfamiliar. The only other images were of the sun and moon.
    In the middle of the cave, at the back ran a great crack. It was too narrow for even Jakob to squeeze into.
    As the tide rose the strip of daylight at the mouth of the cave got narrower and narrower. Water sloshed around their ankles on the jetty.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited February 04, 2002).]

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius lifts his lantern to light into the crack and looks into the gloom to see if it might reveal something on the other side

11. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Feeling a bit better, Sarathien walked up to `Lassael at the collapsed doors.

"I think we had better get moving before the tide claims us, do you see anything in there?"

The ranger crouches in front of the doors and tries to listen for anything beyond, if anything could possibly be heard above the sloshing water that steadily rises around the companions.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob stands poking about in a pile of rubble with the toe of his boot, taking no notice of the goings on around him, when he suddenly feels the water lapping around his ankles. He starts in panic, and runs away from the jetties, towards where his companions are busying themselves investigating the stonework. "Eh - I don't mean to startle you or anything, " he gabbles, " but I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that I'm three feet tall and don't know how to swim!" Eventually realising that the water has only risen an inch or so, he begins to calm down and take an interest in what his comrades are looking at. "'Tis a pity that Comrade Khor left us, " he observes, " I have heard dwarven miners boast of being able to read stone like the pages of a book - mind you, most of them made that sort of boast after a hard afternoon of ale-drinking, make of that what you will." Going over to where Garacaius is standing, he peers into the crack. "I wonder if there's any way to get a better view," he mutters, "I've squeezed through some narrow crannies in my time (OOC: Just reminding you I have three ranks in the escape artist skill, if it makes any difference), but I don't like the look of this. Hmmm, what's Shadowfang's wingspan, d'you reckon?"

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

'Lassael turns to Sarathien.

"Only what is carved on the doors...and the masonry all around us. Nevertheless, the we cannot pass the doors. This way is securely closed to us.
    "Do you hear anything? If not...it might be a good idea to move...."

She takes a step towards higher ground.

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Not sure Jakob, I've considered sending him in there, but I'm not too sure. I don't want him to get hurt."

Garacaius then finds a rock and casts light on it, in order to throw it inside the crack. (ooc: assuming it's long and dark still)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited February 05, 2002).]

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

The crack was neither wide nor straight. Light did not penetrate to the other side. Shadowfang was not impressed with the idea of going through. Garacaius may have wished he had chosen a snake as familiar.

Before the tide closed off the entrance a horde of (normal) bats left their roosts in the cave roof and flew out.

16. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hayden turns and faces the rest of the group, in a harsh whisper "Think you can make more noise. You all have let everything within 200 feet know we are here. With all that we have seen, the dead walking in the graveyard, drow, do you not find this place the weirdest. Now shut your mouths and keep your eyes open! Something is not right..." Hayden turns around and faces the doors while uttering a quiet prayer. Crouching behind his shield he pulls out his axe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.