1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Business in Nesme

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Jolly Jack came up to Garacaius: "Ah, there you are, been looking all over. The Cormarant's ship shape now and we set sail at noon, spread the word. Oh, and I had word about your other friends, Mr Pimm and all. It seems they are fine, working for a Lord Julian or some such. Last heard of heading east."

OoC I don't believe Majikus has 100gp, don't forget Hook 'cost' 100gp.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited September 17, 2001).]

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius smiled at the good news: "Wonderful news my friend, now I just hope this Lord whoever is not of evil decieving nature. I'm not sure we are going to follow the same paths no more Jack, I will ask around and see if who's coming or not. I'll inform you before you depart."

Garacaius leaves Jolly Jack and walks back to the inn, where he finds Milla.

"Hey there, I meet Jack from the boat and he's leaving at noon, I was wondering if we should stay and try to solve this "problem" in town, we might as well get horses for transport from Magrit. What do you think?... and do you know where Jakob went?"

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Well I tell you what, Mr Garacaius. Seeing as how you and your friends were so helpfull during that little run-in with the Barbarians, your credit's good with Jolly Jack. Anytime you want to make that Yartar trip just look me up. The Cormarant's usually through here around the 6th of every month."

4. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Little one do it, Grog no know how" *He replies after helping to pay the medical bill (most of it - he had over 70 gp)*

5. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Having spent the night and a good part of the next day discussing spiritual issues with the old priest of Corellon, Sarathien finally makes his way back to the "Five Crowns". Seeing Garacaius and Milla he walks over.

"I hope the meeting with the council had a favorable outcome, I regret not being there to testify."
    "So what happens now, if I may ask? I wish to get out of this town, spending too much time in such an environment tends to make you...well, civilized", he says with a grin. "If you are thinking of leaving, would you consider an extra companion, one skilled at life in the outdoors? I would be glad to accompany you."

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Ofcourse Sarathien, welcome, we could always need an extra swordarm by our side, or at least, I could. As for how meeting the coucil went, well, we might have some more business to attend to, some miners have not resupplied for quite an alarming amount of time and they asked us if we wish to look into the reasons behind."

OoC: D'oh! sorry 'bout that one

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 17, 2001).]

7. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Thinking about Garacaius words Milla answers:
    "I've always had a soft streak for dwarves and am inclined to helping Ugo out here. And we can always take a later trip with Jack since he is sailing there on regular basis. We need to hear what the others opinion is however, do you know where they are?"

Ooc. Lokken, it's Sarathien not Vanadin

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ooc: Oh yeah i forgot about that! Okay then Erran, how much is that gold ring that i got off the baron worth? Whatever its value i pay that to the priest bloke as the first instalment.

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob wanders around a corner, seemingly distracted. He almost passes the party before he notices his friends. "Oh, ah - hmm. There you are. I must have, um, fallen behind and got lost. Went and bought myself 20 Bolts from Ugo, who said he'd seen you Still," He grinned, " I've caught up with you bunch now. What's been going on, heard something about problems at the mines from Ugo and I trust we're not abandoning our bearded cousins. Oh, and Milla, I hope you got a good price for these rare perfumes."

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius rolls his eyes at all the dwarven sympathy nonsense, but tries to keep a civil manner.

"Well, I guess we are staying then. Hmm, not that I mind that much, I just don't like dwarves, don't speak their language either. Anyways there might be gold to find, and if we get some of the horses that Magrit told us we could get, it shouldn't be a problem."

Garacaius rises from his table: "Well, I told Jack I would notify him if we're coming or not, and I'd like to give the chap a straight answer. I will see you in a short time"

Garacaius walks out of the inn, and down to the boat to tell Jack that he doesn't have to wait for them.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 18, 2001).]

11. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla turns to Jakob.
    "Oh, hey Jakob. They were not as rare as you thought but I still got 90gp for them. Also Ugo was prepared to pay 155gp for the mace but I haven't decided to sell it yet, what do you think?"

"Should we split the money right away or keep some collective?"

"By the way how much did we get for the gold wire?"

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

Checking the gold ring with a local jeweller Majikus was offered 10gp for it.

Jolly Jack thanked Garacaius for the update, slipped off the moorings and headed down the Surbrin to Yartar.

Thomas heard that the third member of thr 'Temple Gang' had been arrested by the watch.

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius wished Jolly Jack happy travelling and went back to the inn. On the way he stopped at Geraldos to buy 3 days worth of trail rations.

You never know when you get to the next place with food available..He thought to himself

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wed nite online:
    Garacaius, Milla and Sarathien resolved to solve the mine mystery. They left a note for the others then set off.
    Leaving Nesme they headed north. The lush grasslands gave way to heath and scrub. Sarathien shot a pheasant so they would sup well that eve. They passed the bleached bones of some cattle. Majikus and Jakob read the note and hurried to catch up.
    They made camp in a shallow depresssion and cooked the pheasant over the campfire. During the night their rest was disturbed by howls, no ordinary wolf, thought Sarathien.
    As the party formed a circle round the embers of the campfire, the balefull yellow eyes of a hungry Worg observed them. It charged what it thoght would be the easiest target, Milla. Its powefull jaws seized her leg and brought her down. Majikus and Garacaius fired magic missiles and the others used the conventional kind. Milla struggled to her feet and landed a couple of blows which partially winded the creature. She dodged its next attack but Sarathien was less lucky, getting bitten on his arm as he tried to reload. Jakob took steady aim and his bolt hit a vital spot in the Worg's jugular, spreading blood around but felling the dire creature.

150 xps for Sarathien
    120xps each for Garacaius, Jakob, Majikus and Milla.

contd in Lucky Axe Mine

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.