1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Grave Danger

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Even though it was early evening the Pit was already filling up. A bunch of dwarves, stonemasons by the dust on their clothing, were quaffing ales at one table, acolytes of Sunne were drinking at another while a lone elf maid sat at a third. This tavern seemed a little rougher than the 'Goblin'. There was a dirt fighting ring or pit at one end.
    "I think I had better dance for our supper first" Iztar replied. A mandolin struck up and she produced a tambourine, going into a rather tamer version of the dance she performed at Seggar's Hall.
    "She's a beauty and no mistake" called out one of the acolytes, who had had too many turnip vodkas: "Leave your ugly friends and come and sit with us!"

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

As the party enter the tavern, Jakob asks the others if anyone needs a lantern. "I've got two now, and I find it very difficult to carry one while I'm using the crossbow anyway." His eyes fall upon the bar, and he offers to go up and get drinks while Garacaius finds a table.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

While not wanting to cause a row, at least not yet, Garacaius ignores their comment but keeps an eye on the acolytes. He stands for awhile enjoying Iztar's dance before he walks next to table of the elf maid, trying to determine what sort of person she is.
    "Good day fair lady, may I and my friends sit beside you at this table?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 27, 2002).]

4. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Walking into the inn behind the group, Hayden overhears Jakob's question about the lantern.

"I could use that lantern. If you sure you don't need it, I know I could."

Hayden looks over the patrons in the common room. At seeing the acolytes of Sune, the group notices the whites of his nuckles showing and that all to familiar glint in his eye. Hearing the comment directed at Iztar, Hayden stares at the table and spits in their direction.

After seeing that Garacaius took no insult to Sunnites' comment, Hayden follows to the table where the group is sitting and positions himself so he can stare at the table with the acolytes.

"I am glad we decided to come here tonight. I think I am going to have fun." , Hayden rubs his hands together.

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Thalassael sits at her table with her chin propped up on one elbow, a pose which, despite being supremely relaxed, manages to convey a certain sense of dignity.

The elven maiden, blue-haired and covered in a cloak of sky blue under which peeked the glint of armor, had given up studying the room, which was beginning to fill up with a couple of parties making more noise than they had any right to, none of it harmonious. For a very small moment, she almost missed home.

A party of adventurers came in, adding new footfalls to the crowded room. Feeling somewhat tired of the humans' society, tonight, 'Lassael does not turn around to look at them.

A slender elven man steps into her field of vision. "Good day fair lady, may I and my friends sit beside you at this table?"

She looks him over from head to toes, her innate paladin abilities trying to determine what his attitude towards life is. Detecting no hints of malice, she nods. "Certainly," she agrees in a high musical voice.

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius sits down at the table, also able to see the acolytes. "Let's not start a brawl Hayden, we have enough enemies already."

He then turns to Thalassael, noticing her armor he dismiss the thought of her being a servant of the inn. "Excuse me miss, I'm Garacaius Moonshade, may I know your name and what tales brings you to these parts? I assume you're a traveller wearing armor like that." Garacaius eyes the armor as he smiles.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 27, 2002).]

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

'Lassael thinks rapidly as she attempts to cover her inner turmoil with her most charming smile.

NOW what, she wonders. Stupid 'Lassael, making half-baked plans! Why DIDN'T I think this far...? Now think, THINK! To give your family name would be disastrous...to refuse to reveal it would be suspicious. Therefore.....

"I am Thalassael Starflower, a paladin of Corellon Larethian. I set out adventuring mostly out of my restlesness, my desire to see many places.... I heard some strange stories about Phlan and it aroused my curiosity. So here I am...without real purpose, other than to struggle again what is evil. I hope you will call me 'Lassael as my friends do, as friends are few and far apart."

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited January 27, 2002).]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius' eyes brighten. "Ah, my liege is your lord, how splendid. My friends and I have been doing a few missions for the council but that's about it. I was wondering, do you come here often? I mean, those acolytes over there, would you know if they're just big in the mouth or they may try anything to disturb the peace?"

9. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Start a brawl? Why, Garac, I am ashamed. Would I ever do anything like that..." Holding up his hands and trying to give an innocent look, Hayden looks back to Garacaius and see the female elf. Looking the lady over, Hayden shrugs and returns to watching Iztar and the acolytes.

10. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

'Lassael shakes her head regretully. "I am afraid I just arrived recently. As for the acolytes...big in the mouth they have certainly proved, but I believe that if they are actually disturbing the town they would not be doing so in an overt manner...."

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Seeing Hayden come in, Jakob replies in the affirmative, fumbling in his pack and producing the lantern he recently acquired. Moving over to the table, he runs his eyes over the rack of bottles behind the bar - noticing a brand of turnip vodka he vaugely remembers from back home. "So, lads," he says impatiently, eyeing the vodka, " I said I'd be getting drinks, so what's it to be?"

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

When the drunken acolytes made to grab at her Iztar danced nimbly away without missing a beat. She scooped up the copper and silver coins that had been thrown and returned to the table. She eyed 'Lassael coldly.
    "So, Garacaius, aren't you going to introduce me to your new friend?"

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Of course my dear, this is 'Lassael, Paladin of Corellon Larethian. 'Lassael, this is my fiancee, Iztar." Garacaius turns to Iztar again. "Come sit with us Iztar, more minds never hurt when thinking out a plan. And I can't hide that I'm not really fond of those acolytes."

"I just need some cold water Jacob," He looks at Iztar, "What do you want dear?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 28, 2002).]

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

Before Iztar could reply, the barmaid deposited a glass of wine in front of her.
    "Compliments of the young gen'lman over there" she pointed to a golden haired Sunne Acolyte in yellow robes. Not one to let good wine go to waste she quaffed it down.
    "Hmm, not bad, I'd like another of those please, Gacacaius."

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

'Lassael notices the extremely cold look Iztar is giving her. It was easy enough for her to figure out the nature of the dancer's relationship with Garacaius even before the elf made introductions.

Of course, that explained the nature of the extremely hostile look she was receving.

She let her eyes travel over the half-elf, her paladin sixth sense scanning over the woman. Her attitude firmed into one of mixed scorn and respect. Despite the certain cold look in her eyes, she gives the half-elf a smile which, though very small, is devoid of malice, followed by a slight nod.

Iztar sits down and sips the acolyte's treat. Apparently, her relationship with Gara is not apparent to everyone. Out of the corner of her eye, she regards the bold Sunne Acolyte and attempts to read him the way she easily did Garacaius and Iztar.

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited January 28, 2002).]

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

The acolyte rose to his feet and came over.
    "Hope you enjoyed the wine, m'dear." Turning to Hayden and noticing the symbol of Tempus he said:
    "Tell me sir, were you born ugly or did it take years of training from an ugly-master to get a face like that?"

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Anything for you my flower." Garacaius kisses Iztar as he rises to go order some more wine for her, not expecting to avoid hitting the acolyte if he stays. Passing Hayden on the way out he whispers to him, "Easy Hayden, or at least try."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited January 28, 2002).]

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

'Lassael's eyes narrow and she grips the rough wooden table with both hands until her knuckles turn white. She turns this frosty glare on the Acolyte and sais, high voice chill as snow,
    "Sir, in this inn I believe manners are expected. The occasional crude comment might be ignored...so shall I do you a favor and assume you are drunk?"

19. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob, worried that a fight is about to break out scuttles over to the bar and orders Garacius's water, the vodka he recognised for himself and ales for the others at the table.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited January 28, 2002).]

20. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarathien had stayed behind at Umberto's wanting a few moments for himself to process all that had happened since they set out to find Elaine. Feeling only more frustrated and helpless in the face of the unsolvable problems at hand, he had given up his solitude and decided to go find the others.

The ranger entered the inn quietly and started over the floor towards his friends when he suddenly saw the Sunite acolyte step over. Sensing trouble coming, Sarathien decided to stay back and be ready to step in at any moment, keeping an extra eye on the table the acolyte had come from.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.