1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Meanwhile, back at the Ranch...

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius nods and whispers back in the same tongue
    "I can't say that I approve of his deity, but as long as he doesn't cross my path, I will not be hostile, observant is another matter though. And my life is rather dependant on him as well in these days of adventure."

Garacaius takes another drink of the ale and continues in common

"Well, I can't speak for others than myself, nor make perfect sense for their actions, elves are different as well as gnomes, perhaps we have some features that mark all elves but so do gnomes, and any other race for that matter."

"You know, Jakob, now that we've got a journal to prove the baron's wrongdoings, it shouldn't be a problem to let Magrit claim ownership of the estate... and some of those horses could do us good if traded at the proper place. Though I'll study the journal more closely tonight for any interesting details on ownership and perhaps even hidden treasury. I'll be right back my friend."

Garacaius rises and approaches Surya.

"Pardon my intrusion, but I once again am in need of your special gifts of healing as my wounds are many, due to some rather nasty surprises. Would it be too much to ask if you healed my battered body once more?"

OoC: Ok, I have no idea how many HP I currently have, does anyone know? I assume I need healing though?

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 11, 2001).]

2. herf Guest

Surya looks up from the top of his drink, not at all pleased about being disturbed while deep in thought.
    "Healing ye want?"
    After seeing the little elf nod his head Surya whispered four small prayers to Garagos and watches as four tiny balls of light disapear into the elf's skin above his heart.

(ooc: 4 cantrips of CMW
    im gonna rest now to get all my healing back, just take it that when everyone else gets up ive rested and im with the group)

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Surya's cantrips brought Garacaius back to full health. His recent experiences had served to give him a deeper understanding of the forces within himself.
    It was Sarathien, who had declined Surya's offer, who most needed healing. Perhaps he might find some - at a price - at one of the wandering priests who had set up shrines in the now fallen Temple of Waukeen.
    Thomas had enough exertion for one day and bade the others goodnight before retiring.

4. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sitting wearily at a bench in the 'Five Crowns', Sarathien rested his sore and bruised body against the wall,
    his head bent in contemplation. Softly, silently, he speaks in elven, his words not meant for mortal ears:

"I see now what it is you mean for me to do, lord. The first rule of the wild is always be able to take care of yourself, and in my current position I can't. I will not, can not put myself at the mercy of a priest whose god revers extermination of life, so totally opposite of everything I believe in! And yet I find myself in need of his services...
    I realize now that the time draws near to fully enter your service. I ask only for your guidance, to tell me when, and I will be ready!"

With a sigh he slowly stands up, and scans the room. He winces at seeing Garacaius be healed by Surya, and he turns to Jakob sitting nearby.

"Little friend, I will be leaving for a short while to find someone who can see to my wounds. I hope I shall return shortly."

With those words, the elf walks out the door intent on finding a priest of a more acceptable faith.

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sarathien wandered across town to the fallen temple of Waukeen within whose walls many priests had set up shrines. There he met Drusila Nailo, a priestess of Corellon Larethian, who offered divine healing in exchange for a 20gp donation to church funds.

Reading the Baron's journal, Garacaius discovered that, as he half expected, in recent years Forkbeard had neglected his business and squandered his fortune on his 'project' to revive Miranda. He had even failed to pay his Sanctuary Tax, which gave him the right to bring his stock within Nesme's city walls in the event of attack.

6. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Seeing Sarathien depart Milla shakes her head. Belief doesn't matter only action matters. She turns to Thomas and the rest.

"Well, I'm off to a hot date with some water and a big soap. See you all tomorrow"

Milla takes the stairs up to her room for some serious cleaing.
    Finally satisfied with getting rid of the foul zombie stench, she refills her lantern and packs it in her backpack. It had really served her well this evening.
    Thinking back to the various fights from where she had emerged unharmed , she realised that it wasn't all luck. Some of her old training was starting to make sense to her. Satisfied with her performance Milla hits the bunk.

/** Time passes **/

Milla wakes up early next morning and with the energy of youth bounces down the stairs to the main room. Seeing Mathilda she raises her voice:

"My dear goodwife, how are you this beautiful morning? What can you offer me for breakfast?"

As Mathilda serves breakfast Milla tries to get some information.

"I need to purchase some goods. Can you recommend somewhere to get xbow bolts, rations, perfume and stuff like that?"

7. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

*Grog goes to a blacksmiths to sell his Scale mail and that infernal shield, buying a Large Steel Shield ((If he has enough)) and then goes to the inn to get some rest, still in pretty bad shape.*

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

Grog sold his Scale male and Tower shield to Ugo Trollslayer, the dwarven blacksmith and bought a large shield. He came out ahead with 20gp in his purse.

Contd in: Business in Nesme

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.