1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Lucky Axe Mine

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius looked at the the dwarf with second thoughts in mind, he never did trust those dwarves.

"We cannot say it has been an easy time down here, so your help would be greatly appreciated..."

At the mention of a drow, Garacaius' blood stirred. He felt panic and hatred at the same time. With a desperate look in the eyes, he grapped Bombas by the collar and shook him a bit while bursting out

"Are you sure! A witch!? No silvered-handed male? Er-cam onehand?"

After the outburst, he got in control of his emotions and let the dwarf go, with a rather suprised and comical look on the face, mumbling some sort of excuse in elven.

OoC: /me kicks Erran, GO POST!!! :p

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 01, 2001).]

2. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] "Hey, settle down, elf!" Khor moved forward, then stopped as Garacaius released Bombas. "This drow was no male. I heard the hobgoblins refer to her as Vrondil, but the name doesn't mean anything to me." He eyed the elf, but assumed a more neutral stance.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Bombas eyed Garacaius quizicaly. "I might only be a miner, but I can tell a female black elf from a male 'un laddie!"

'Elves' he thought to himself, 'An arrow short of a quiver the lot of 'em'

4. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarathien casts another healing spell, this one targeted at Milla. He then steps up to Garacaius and the dwarves.

"Those are grave news indeed, drow females are even deadlier than males. If she was truly alone and only left here recently, I think we should go after her to make sure she causes no more trouble. Besides, the only good drow is a dead drow..."

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Khor's eyes lit up. "I'll agree with ya there, elf. I wouldn't mind punishing a few hobs along the way, either." Khor picks up one of the heavier hammers and swings it experimentally. Finding the balance good, he sticks it in his miner's toolbelt.

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Well, when we was bein' forced to work the mineface it seemed like this Vlondil was using the next dormitory cave as her HQ, may Morradin curse her!" muttered Bombas.

7. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"Hmm, then maybe we should pay her a visit then?" Milla asks her fellow travellers.

Milla eyes the dwarves. "I suppose you have some things to discuss with her? I believe we have some weapons that the hobgblins dropped that you can use."

8. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Khor looks over at Milla. "Ya got an axe in there? A hammer's all right, but I'm more comfortable with an axe."

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius mumbles to himself "An axe..." He only remembers long swords from those hobgoblins. Garacaius eyes Khor:
    "Khor, I don't think we have an axe on us, but what about the other room? or some equipment chamber down here perhaps?"

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob staggers, breathing heavily, through the bushes near the mine entrance. His clothing, already worn and dirty, is torn and slightly stained with blood from where he cut himself on thorns. Rivers of sweat trickle down his forehead. He glances up at the sky, to try to determine what time it is, then remembers he wouldn't know how to tell anyway and curses himself loudly for falling behind and getting lost. Looking around him, he sees a wooden lintel inscribed with dwarven characters behind a clump of bushes. "Lucky Axe Mine," he mutters to himself, " By the mercy of Glit..no wait, this is more Baervan's domain than anything else... by the mercy of Baervan, I've found the place, and the others must be here too." Cautiously he enters the mine. After fifty feet he reaches the chamber and descends the ladder.

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wed night online went something like this...

Khor hefted the heavy hammer as if it was a warhammer and declared he was going to settle some scores with the drow. Equaly determined Sarathien followed him to the dormitory door with Milla and Garacaius bringing up the rear. Khor opened the door with the key and charged through to see not one but 5 drow females facing him!
    The cold chill of a fear spell hit him but his iron will shrugged it off. He dodged the longsword thrust of a hobgoblin lurking behind the door and ran down between the cots to where the drow were. He swung at one and 'pop' the illusion disappeared.
    Sarathien's initial concern eased as he realised they were facing but a single drow, mirror imaged. He charged and leapt on a cot, slashing wildly at the images.
    Garacaius pushed past Milla and fired his crossbow, hitting the real drow. Milla fought the hobgoblin landing a vicious flying kick which broke its neck but left her collapsed on top of it. A second hobgoblin popped up from its hiding place between the cots and hefted a javelin at Garacaius.
    Vlondril, the drow, gestured again linking her thumbs and jets of flame shot from her fingertips: severely burning Khor and Sarathien, killing the hobgoblin (!) but Milla evaded the flames completely.
    Khor and Sarathien swung at the drow and Garacaius loosed off a bolt, the result of which was another illusion 'popped' and some damage to the drow.
    Vlondril drew a hand crossbow but the poisoned bolt missed Khor. The blows from Khor and Sarathien only succeeded in removing another image. However, Milla had regained her footing, loaded her crossbow and fired. The bolt stuck the drow in the throat and she fell.
    Garacaius found a wand tipped with an oval gem and Sarathien found a letter written in undercommon, together with a signet ring on the drow.
    Bombas found to his relief that the hobgoblins had not discovered his 'treasure' hiding place and so was able to give Khor his back pay and reward the 4 rescuers with 2 black gems each
    When Jakob rejoined them he was able to identify the gems as Chardalyn, which when properly 'processed' cpuld be used to store spells!
    Everyone was feeling tired and so they decided to sleep in the mine. The dwarves agreed to take turn in keeping watch.

OoC: 525 xps each to Khor, Garacaius, Sarathien and Milla.
    To be continued under "Back to Nesme"

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 04, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.