1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Mage's Hall

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

As the ferryman comes back across the river, Sarathien walks up to his friends outside, a worried look on his face.

"Melloneamin, I am glad we are all leaving. I wish to tarry here no longer than necessary. No offense to your services of course", he adds in Knott's direction, "our haste is only due to our journey."

As Jakob and Milla are safely over and Knott is once again back to his side, the ranger gives three silver pieces to the ferryman.

"There you go friend, for me and Mithollo to get across."

As the boat is on its way over a third time, Sarathien tries to strike up a conversation with the innkeeper.

"So, what are these 'night things' you are talking about? Is this something that has started bothering you only lately?"

OOC: Gah, I never thought you people could post so fast ;), three new posts while I were writing my answer. Anyway, I had to edit quite some of this post, so it may not fit into the story. If so, I'll change it again...

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited November 12, 2001).]

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius looks at Nailo and starts telling of his life.

"Ah, you came to the group later than some of the others. Only Jakob I am sure to know about my past, but the reason my magical powers got out of hand back then... http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000009.html was because of the creature, the bat creature, lurking, scared me out of my mind. A reflex action must have been my powers, though I have never been sure. Indeed I pave my own fate, though some can light and darken my path and make me either run along easily in the light or fall far from it in darkness."

OoC: first long post by me ;)

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

On the boat with Milla, Jakob stares into the waters of the Goblintide, which he thinks is the Subrin like a moron, flailing about in his mind for some conversational titbit he can dredge up. "Um," he says, "Did you give much thought to that booklet I showed you back in the tavern. Hmm, probably not, I'd imagine. Err... maybe you could tell me a bit more about your journey, and those revalations you've been having."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited November 15, 2001).]

4. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"Well, I read through it Jakob. Kind of interesting. Sometimes I think you and I have more in common than we realise.
    As disciples of Ilmater we are trained to recognise pain and suffering wherever we find it and do whatever we can to alleviate it. We are taught to act on behalf of those that cannot act for or defend themselves.
    As a monk I'm also trained in the martial arts to defend the faith. That is the congregation, church and priests. Lately I've gained some abilities normally reserved for priests. But that doesn't change anything, my life purpose is still the same. It just means that Ilmater wants me to serve in one other capacity as well, or so I believe..." Milla trails off realising the truth in her words.

5. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

With the party safely over the Goblintide River (OoC Check your maps!) Knott bade them farewell and they rode north. By mid day the treeline came into view. A path led up to a walled hall with a domed roof and tower, nestling in a clearing at the edge of the woods.
    A little to one side of the path lay the body of a dire wolf, several days old with its neck twisted round. A large archway formed the entrance and beyond that, locked doors. Standing under the archway was a huge figure, 7ft 6" tall dressed in a loincloth with squat features and bandy legs. It stared impassively ahead. As they neared it Sarathien thought he smelled damp earth.

6. Zorac Gems: 11/31

Milla stops and turns to the others.
    "Ok, remind me. What was our plan again? Just walk up there and try to see and talk to the mage and warn him about Er-Cam, right?"

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Warn him? He is the one who is supposed to prepare the gems. I'd say we are the group who delivers the gems and try to push him for info, seeing if he be friend or foe."

8. Zorac Gems: 11/31

"Eeh ok, I'll just let you do the talking then. I'm not very good at this cloak and dagger stuff. I'm just saying that he probably prepares those gems for money, he might not care what they do with them. Well, we'll see I guess"

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Khor once again arrived too late as the innkeeper informed him his friends had already crossed the Goblintide. He hurried to the ferry and asked for passage as well. Once across, he pushed his horse hard to catch up with the group.

10. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"If he does not care what happens to the items, then perhaps he does not care who gets information from him either.
    I think the plan has advantages, but we should be very wary of danger. This mage may not be very amused if he finds out that we have lied to him.

Jakob, do you feel talkative today? I know you have a knack for saying things untrue and still keep a straight face so you are probably the one most suited for the task."

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

The large chested figure continued to stare impassively ahead. On either side of him, outside of the closed door, the party could see stable stalls.

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Now that thing is giving me the creeps," Garacaius says while looking at the huge figure. He then decides to cast detect magic on it wondering if it might be eyes or at least ears of the local wizard. "I wonder what it is anyway."

OoC: can I cast detect magic on it?

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

Garacaius cast detect magic and determined that the figure was a magical construct.

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob scanned the front of the hall, looking for potential cover and alternative entrances. "Um," he said, "This gentleman doesn't look very flexible. Can you remember if that drow woman had a password or anything? That might help us to get past." Jakob then dropped his voice, "Ok, I reckon that we should take first say we're surfacer agents to carry the gems, because the drow want to keep a low profile. Then, once we're alone with the mage, we say we're worried that the drow might dispose of us (and him) as soon as we've outlived our usefulness, and suggest he join us in getting out while he can. If that fails, well, we'd better hope he doesn't set his guard on us."

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"This.. this does not bode well my friends. I believe now that we are no longer dealing with some little wizard and pray he is of good intent, if he be another member of the plot we might not see much past this day."
    Garacaius points at the huge figure, "That is his creation I am sure, who other would be able to? While I was asking Polina in Nesme about the Chardalyn she said it would require a wizard of great provess to channel them magics, well I had my doubts, but no longer."

OoC; er.. I got your potions Ironbeard? I just noticed in a quick scrolling you gave them to me up there, hehe. Do I still have them? My memory is a little flawed :)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 15, 2001).]

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] After a hard ride, Khor finally managed to catch up with the group. After he regaining his breath, he asked, "So what are we waiting for?"

Garacaius' serious look drew his attention, and he looked up to find what the party was staring at so worriedly. He grunted and dismounted. Pulling out his battleaxe, he growled, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius grabs Khor's shoulder and holds him back. "Don't hasten the uncertain little one, we are still here to retrieve information. And this creation is magical and looks to be no weak one, I say diplomacy with the mage will do us good, at least before trying to use the blade of your axe."

18. Zorac Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Milla nods at the big fellow.
    "This must be the servant that was mentioned in the letter. According to that we are just supposed to say something like Take me to the Master without delay." Milla tries to imitate a booming bass kind of voice without much luck. Millas voice cracks a little and she concludes "You better try it Garacaius, I can't get right feeling"

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Hmm, sure we just aren't supposed to wait a little? Was it supposed to be in any particular language, like undercomman perhaps?"

20. Capstone Gems: 16/31

Khor scratched his head. "Magical, you say? All right, but I'm keeping my axe handy just in case. What is our plan of action?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.