1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Mage's Hall

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

When Milla uttered those words the huge figure gave a slight bow, gestured to the stables on either side, then turned and opened the great double doors. He led them through a 15' x 15' tiled entrance hall; on through a 25' x 15' audience room and into a 25' square garden area. Glass roofed, there were L shaped flower beds in each corner and a pool in the centre. The figure bowed once more then left to resume its station under the entrance arch. The party were alone.

150 xp to Milla.

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

"Wow, this is beautiful, an indoor garden! Look at those flowers." Milla takes closer look to see if she can recognise any.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius leads Nightwing into the stables and walks back through the great doors, suprised by the garden complex inside. "Indeed Milla, a wizard with taste. I wonder if he looks after all this himself. Perhaps some herbs of unique spell recipés."
    After a little time Garacaius started to look around for a door of sorts, "I wonder where our host is."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 16, 2001).]

4. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Nailo not trusting the mage, ties his horse off at a tree outside of the mage's temple. Nailo decides his place is at the back of the group, not wanting to attract any attention. Following the creature that takes the group into the building, Nailo watches reluctantly. Seeing that no one else seems weary of this place or the creature, he decides that he won't be herded into this garden. Once the creature leaves, Nailo tries to examine the doors that head back into the audience hall, so that he may go back in.

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

OOC: You've got them until you decide to give them back, Lokken, and I'm not particularly wanting them back unidentifed.

IC: Jakob followed the group into the garden, keeping a wary eye about for any form of trap or ambush. His hands strayed instinctively towards the crossbow on his belt. In a barely audible whisper he spoke to Garaciaus. "Indeed, it's starting to look like we can't fall back on force if we make a mess of the talking. Seeing as it's the only chance we've got, it's vital we take the right approach. Does anyone know of any way to gauge the wizard's motivations, so we don't make him angry?"

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Khor took a wary look around. Should they have to do battle with the mage and his construct, he wanted to find a good defense point, but with the size of these rooms, it wasn't looking too hopeful. He grimaced and took up a post by the audience room, waiting. "So who's doing the talking?"

7. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"A construct you say? Smelling of damp earth, would that be an... earth golem or what do you call them?"

Sarathien shudders at the thought of a artificial life, considering it an affront to nature.

The garden doesn't do much to lessen his discomfort, seeing how the mage has tried to take nature and put constraints on her. The elf closes his eyes and lets out a long, silent breath, then steadies himself.

"At least he seems to like flowers, I should consider that a good sign" he thinks to himself, leans back against the door and scans the indoor garden.

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sarathien recognised the plants in the left hand bed as 'black lotus' used for 'smoking purposes'. The earth in the right hand bed was recently turned. Grapes grew in the 3rd bed and the 4th bed contained flowers he did not recognise. Four paths met at the central 5' pool. Statues of warriors and wizards with raised weapons lay at the end of each path. Suddenly a concealed door opened to the right and a swarthy figure in robes came out, beaming broadly.
    "Ah, visitors! How delightful, please to follow me, let me offer you the hospitality of my humble abode." He waved his arms and urged them to follow him into the audience room, which was furnished with huge cushions on the floor and low tables. He clapped his hands and said "I hope you like spicey food, and I can reccomend the wine, I make it myself."

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius turned to toward the robed figure and followed his gestures while looking at him. "Ah, nice to meet you at last. It truly is a wonderful place you have here, do you keep it all in order by yourself?"

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"I must agree with my friend here," said Jakob, "I'm very impressed by this hall, and I can't help but wonder how much is achieved by your own magic." Wile attempting to look no more than politely attentive, Jakob studied the mage's gestures and intonations, trying to spot clues to the man's character.

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

"I have a small retinue of servants - all from Calimshan, and Potti of course, you met him."

As Jakob studied the mage he noticed two things. The robes seemed rather tight on him and he was wearing studded leather beneath them.

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Ah yes, Potti, we couldn't miss him," Garacaius gives a little laugh and continues, "Being interested in magic myself, may I ask if you made him yourself?" Garacaius quickly looks around the room before making a little cough, "I'm sorry," he says as he reach out his hand toward the mage, "I'm Garacaius, a pleasure to meet you."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 17, 2001).]

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

continued under "A Dancer in Distress"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.