1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Nun's Tale

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Well I say we have a chance. I don't think we would have gotten this far if we didn't. I'm not saying we have to actually stop the raising of the dark, but to find out how and let someone who can know about it we are able to do. With a little luck and skill we can go further than we are now."

2. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I would have thought you cared more than that, Jakob. You have always proclaimed loudly that you wish to do something for the hard-working class.
    Then ask yourself this, who do you think will be the worst off if the drows' plans bear fruit?
    Will it be the rulers and rich land owners? Nay, they can always do what you propose we do, saving their lives by going someplace else. They can sure afford it.
    But what of the laboring men and women who have everything they own invested in their homes and farms up here?"

Sarathien lets his gaze linger for a second on the gnome before addressing the whole group.

"I think it is clear that we must do whatever we can to thwart these evil plans. And I don't agree either that we cannot do this ourselves, that we are not powerful enough. The sparrow protecting her young will chase the hawk away nine times in ten by sheer determination and motivation.
    And remember it takes no more than a small hole in the road to make the axis of a cart break in twain.

Nay, I do not doubt that we can make a difference, but as to what we should do I cannot answer. Chasing a man whom we only know the name of all the way to the Moonsea seems futile to me, we do not even know if he still holds the scroll. He could have delivered it to this Er-cam or one of his minions, or anyone else for that matter, a thousand times over since leaving the monastery 4 years ago.
    Still, I cannot think of any better course of action. The priest Heronymus referred to him as 'general', something that indicates he is not just anyone in this scheme...if he is in on it at all..."

The elf lets his vision wander across the room as if trying to find some clue to what should be done.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius nods in somewhat agreement before replying to Sarathien's words.

"Well, time is passing by quickly. We need to make a decision soon. To me it seems like we have four choices, either abandon it all and head for Waterdeep or whereever else people wish to go, to pay a visit to our contact person, go east or head for the moonsea. Personally I would head for our contact since a 4 year old trail might be a bit cold, if not freezing. Let's make a vote decide, whoever wants to leave is free to leave of course." Garacaius eyes Jakob with the last words.

"Well? I say the wizard."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 05, 2001).]

4. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Sara, you are so practical."

"I have to agree with Garacaius on this one also. Before we go chasing a 4 year old trail, lets go talk to this wizard guy. It probably would not hurt to fill in Jygil on what has happened at the monastary either."

5. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I will most certainly take that as a compliment, thank you.

I too will lay my vote on going to this wizard, the time it would take us is negligible compared to what we could lose by not following up a good lead. Also a four year old trail will probably not grow any colder in another week."

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Sarathien, Your words of wisdom have swayed this young and foolish gnome," says Jakob, laying his hands down on the table, " Indeed 'tis likely that many mercantile groups such as the Zhentarim have a vested interest in this coming to pass. I have one suggestion to make though. It is likely that this wizard will be hostile, and if we are to 'persuade' him to help us, he must be incapacitated without killing him. To that end, I suggest we all prepare ourselves with saps, sleep spells and the like while we are in Nesme."

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Hmm, yes, you're right Jakob, though we cannot be sure he will. I will have to ask Jygil for a boon in magic terms when we get to Nesme, unless of course any of you are able to cast sleep spells. But since we agree, let's make haste to Nesme and seek out Jygil before we leave there."

Garacaius rises, gather his gear and walks to the stables, waiting for the others to join in.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 05, 2001).]

8. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Khor grunted his approval. Everything he had to say had been said already, so he packed up his equipment, followed Garacaius to the stables, and began saddling his horse.

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius, assuming everyone to follow close by rides out in to the open sunlit fields where the wind plays with his silver hair as he heads for Nesme. As the inn becomes out of sight he starts being observant of anyone in sight.

Hmm, hopefully he doesn't expect this move..

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 06, 2001).]

10. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The journey back to Nesme was uneventful. They passed a patrol of thr Riders of Nesme. When they saw Milla's medallion they saluted and said "May the Gods speed your journey, citizen." Just before dusk the city gates came into view.

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Entering Nesme safe and sound, Garacaius turns around and speaks to the rest of the group.

"I just need to make a stop by Polina and question her about some magical stuff, won't be long."

Garacaius then turns his horse Nightwind and heads for Polina's shop.
    Outside the shop, Garacaius steps down and ties Nightwind to a nearby pole that seems strong enough. Petting it while whispering a few friendly words in elven, she calms and Garacaius walks inside the shop. Once inside he finds Polina.

"Greetings once again, I was wondering if you should trade the wares of magical nature or perhaps consider a trade. This wand I have found, as I showed you earlier. Perhaps it would interest you in making a trade, perhaps for another magical item or in plain gold?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 06, 2001).]

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Ah yes, I remember it well. For such a thing I might go as high as 1000gp, but don't try my patience. I'm not a market stall holder and I don't haggle.
    As for trade, what did you have in mind? A few scrolls perhaps?"

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius looks with curiousity in his eyes at Palino.
    "If indeed you offer me 1000gp, your offer seems most generous and I think I shall take it. Though I wouldn't mind buying some scrolls from you while here. How much would 2 sleep scrolls cost me? Can you perhaps tell me of any wizards that might be living in these areas?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 07, 2001).]

14. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"Well guys, I need to make a stop by Ugo's. Anyone else need to head that way? If so lets go. Do we want to meet up at the 5 Crowns?"

A few minutes later, Nailo walks into Ugo's.

"Good day sir. You come highly recommended from my good friend Khor. I was looking at purchasing a nice sturdy longsword. Do you have any for sale that a poor half-elf could afford?"

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

Polina: "I could let you have those for 100gp each. I have another scroll here you might be interested in 'Find Familiar' - 100gp including ingredients.
    Now, I operate a strict policy of client confidentiality, I never reveal addresses. Too many people with grudges against wizards. After all, you wouldn't want me giving your address to any passing goblin, would you?"

Ugo "Certainly sir, I have a fine longsword here for 15gp. Can I interest you in anything else, I nice silvered dagger perhaps?"

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius mumbles a little before he decides what to do.
    "You have earned my trust and yes I would appreciate if you didn't spread my name around to everyone asking. As for business, you have cought my interest with the summon familiar scroll. I shall take it. I will have to let go of the sleep spells though. Perhaps you could tell me were to buy healing and acid potions? If you don't have any around? We are about to leave once again and you never if a troll should step onto your path."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited November 07, 2001).]

17. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

Nailo looking at Ugo, "Nice... I will take this longsword. Silver dagger, heh? How much do you want for it and what can I get on a trade for this one?"

Nailo lays his own dagger on the table with a twinkle in his eye.

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

Polina: Minor healing potions cost 50gp, acid flasks are 10gp.

Ugo: A silvered dagger's 10gp, call it 9gp if you trade in that one.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"I shall take 3 acid flasks and 1 healing potion then. Would it be alright if I summoned the familiar in here?"

Garaciaus looks at Polina

20. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"I think I will take that silvered dagger. So a total of 24 gold I take it. Here you go."

Nailo hands over the gold and takes the weapons. "Good doing business with you, Ugo." Nailo then leaves and heads to find the group.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.