1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Red Baron

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"But don't we need to aquire a rope then? Or perhaps one of you have one with you? I agree Thomas, I wouldn't mind resting and reestablish my powers before we return here, and we could buy a rope in town if none has one I guess."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 24, 2001).]

2. herf Guest

My clerical powers have nearly ran out, I need rest to sustain my healing unless you all want to die from lack of healing. Rest it is.
    Surya heads off towards town not caring if anyone is following him.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas headed back to Nesme too. It was about a one hour journey. "We could sell some of those axes and buy a rope and grappling hook maybe?" he suggested.

4. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

OOC hehe, ignore this. Tal or someone go ahead and delete this if you get around to it

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited August 24, 2001).]

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

They had only gone a few yards when they met a well built Half Orc who looked like a farmhand. Not wishing for any more trouble, Thomas said: "Calm down my friend, and tell us your story while we head back to town. It might be that we can help one another."

6. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Grog looks to Thomas and grunts in agreement, then begins following after the group, scratching his hairy head.* "Grog go with" *the half orc idly wonders what they want*

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited August 24, 2001).]

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob followed the rest of the party into town and bought a tenday's worth of rations then rejoined the party. "Personally," he said, "I'm not in favour of climbing the walls. Not all of us are six feet tall. If we do go for that, we may have to leave me behind, but I've got a hempen rope if anyone will find that useful. I think we should get a message in with Hook. I remember someone suggested we send in ink and a pen too, so the women can write back, and maybe tell us when Rolf's off duty - a good idea, but I can't help but think all that stuff would make her rather conspicuous." He rattled his collection of lockpicks thoughtfully, " I still think that the gate's the best way in and out, if we can get there when Rolf's gone - he has to eat and sleep sometime, after all."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited August 24, 2001).]

8. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

*Scratches his head idly* "Back wall good for climbing, easy there"

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

Thomas bought Grog a tankard of grog (what else?) and questioned him about the layout. He learned that parts of the back wall were covered in ivy.
    He also learned that none of the farmhands had been paid for a month and they were getting 'restless'.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus eyes the half-orc cautiously...

"So er...Grog, why hasn't your boss paid you yet? and are your er ... farm lads getting angry with your boss?"

Majikus quickly turns to Thomas...

"I can spare about 20 gold for the whole parties use...would you want to keep it and spend it as you see fit ... for the benifit of the group ofcourse..."

Majikus then turns back to Grog looking expectantly at him while down some Red Spit (A form of ale i made up)

11. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] *Grog thanks Thomas for the grog and looks to Majikus. His brows furrow as he thinks, not something he's good at* "Rolf no say why...but we want our money! You help Grog get his money from Rolf? Grog no like Rolf, no trust 'im. Grog help you, you help Grog?" *Grog downs the grog in a single drink and wipes his mouth on the back of his arm, grinning at Thomas* "Grog go get his Axes?"

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob heard Grog talking to Thomas. " Oh!", he exclaimed, "Now we see! Not only is the oppresive feudal dictator fraudulently destroying the liberty of these women, he is denying the peasant classes he unjustly claims overlordship of their economic security. He must be overthrown!"

13. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] *Grog looks at Jakob with a blank expression, then looks at Thomas* "What it say?"

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius walks to the local merchant and buys a tenday worth of rations as well, knowing that the trip to waterdeep might be a long one.
    As he walks back he hears Jakob's little speach.

"Jakob, for a thief, pardon me, a rogue then, I have to admit you have very strongly politically opinions, how come this be?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 26, 2001).]

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

"We can get your axe when we we return to the ranch, Grog. As for Jakob, I think he said 'Forkbeard is a bum'. By the way Jakob, do you have enough 'equipment' to force an entry if we have to?" Thomas asked.
    Before he could reply, Samual came in.
    "Have you seen our Esmie? Did you rescue her?" he babbled.

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Samuel, calm down. We are not sure who we saw, but there was someone. Rolf called her Elly and she smelled of rosewater, she had buisness in the garden it seemed when she wasn't doing errands for Rolf. Perhaps you can tell us who it was? Oh.. and.. there was something more, I think she had lost her arm, though I'm not sure. We'll return tonight to find a way in and find more information, and hopefully your Esmie."

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob nodded to Grog, " Yes, that's about it, I'm saying it's high time we got your money out of that Baron. As for your question Thomas, I've got all the tools I need for picking locks and disarming traps, but I've been thinking, and I reckon I'd need a lot of luck, or a lot of time to get past anything but a very simple lock. Seems like climbing the walls is the way to go, although I might not make it, seeing as I'm no climber, and a good deal shorter than the rest of the party. You might as well take my rope for party use. There is *one* other way I might get in - how close were the bars on that gate? Oh, and one last thing. I reckon we should formulate a plan and let the women know early. No good us breaking in to find they've all gone to bed." He finally turns to Garaciaus. " Garaciaus, The details of it would bore you - well maybe not, elves seem to tolerate boredom more than other races - ugh, your songs... - suffice it to say that if it were not for my political opinions I would not lead the life of a rouge. I may tell you more some other time - when you tell me more about your sorcerous powers."

18. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius makes some grumpy sounds at the criticism of elven songs but tries to speak in a polite voice "Well Jakob, if you don't consider my tales as boring as elven songs, I assume I could tell once we have better time. As for now I think we should plan what to do, while waiting for nightfall."

19. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Gash looked around at the group. Suddenly he felt that this mission meant so much more to him, it was more personal. He really did feel sorry for the farmhands who were opressed and the women the fat lord had stahsed away in his keep.

"Listen. Would it not be a good idea to utilise the farmhands? have them create some kind of diversion? We could dress them up as us, Im sure the guards would recognize the attire, have them distract him while we use the rope plan round the back. if they are willing to help that is..."

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus listens to Gash and nods

"Thats a good idea we should not let go to waste! But one problem, even though we could get the farmhands to help us, i bet at least oneor two of them wont and will remain faithful to the baron and inform him of our plan in the hope of getting more benifits ... Grog, can you tell us who is going to be faithful to us ... i mean of your farmhand friends..."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.