1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: The Service is Terrible

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Khor looked somewhat disgusted at Milla's misdirected compassion, but said nothing. Instead he moved up beside Sarathien, readying his battleaxe in case anything should move through. Then he stopped and turned back towards the rest of the group.

"If one or two of you wants to question the gobs while we move on ahead and then catch up with us, maybe we could learn something useful."

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

OoC Yeah, let's not open the door til Sat eh? ;) Don't forget it's a 5ft corridor so single file.

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

On hearing Nailo mention having a look at the door, Jakob looks aghast. Forcing an air of false cameraderie, he offers his hand to Nailo. "So," he says, " You must be the fellow who disarmed that trap. I'm a trap finder too, pleased to meet you. Maybe we could - uh - learn from each other."

4. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I'll stay behind to do some interrogations, you go on ahead and yell if you need me."

Sarathien steps back to search the bodies of the slain acolytes for keys to the cell.

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sat night online - long.

The chef's key fitted the cell so Milla and Sarathien interrogated the hobgoblins. At first they were afraid that they were about to be sacrificed; when they realised that was not the case they grew more confident saying:
    "When ebony skins Raise the Dark you all gonna die."

Meanwhile, Jakob opened the other door and Khor burst through to face an orc and a lemure - a Baatezu from Baator. Heronymus, the tattooed Baneite priest stopped burning papers and cast Bane down the corridor at the party. Khor smote the orc and Garacaius hit the lemure with his new improved magic missile. Heronymus followed up with
    fear causing Jakob and Garacaius to flee the building.
    Khor hacked the orc down while the priest struck him with a magic stone and the lemure clawed at his face. Perch burst in and attacked the blob like devil just as it was unsummoned in a cloud of sulphurous smoke.
    Heronymus cast defensively as Khor advanced on him, managing to summon a second lemure. Khor and he were evenly matched and had the priest's smite struck things may have gone badly for the dwarf. Nailo entered the fray, attacking the lemure but although he hit he did no damage. Khor and Heronymus were both staggering (4HP) when Perch struck the killing blow with his mighty axe. Garacaius and Jakob recovered their wits and returned just in time to see the 2nd lemure become unsummoned.
    As they searched the priest one of the snake tattoes came to life, biting Nailo. Lucky for him his constitution withstood the venom.
    Khor chopped the asp in two. Garacaius took the black morningstar and Jakob the twisty dagger.

The partly burned papers revealed:

the chef's password for 10th - 20th Eleint is 'I hear the service is terrible here'

...the acolytes captured a couple of hobgoblins in the wilderness, they will make suitable sacrifices. They babble about Raising the Dark - how ironic that only I, General Zog and the Abbess Chloe know how that may be prevented...

...by killing Jygil and implicating Longtresses, Nesme will be plunged into civil war. I will take over the church in Bane's name and our Zhentarim allies will take over the trade....

Searching the room they found a secret door into a cupboard. While Jakob and Nailo squabbled over the chest they found there, Khor and Garacaius explored the tunnel beyond. It led to a stone secret door. Nailo removed the locking pin, opened it and looked beyond at the back of a tapestry. Peeping below he saw a pair of ankles.
    Bursting out he surprised Jygil, wearing only her nightshift, at prayer in her bedchamber. She called the guards who disarmed and arrested the party on suspicion of attempted assasination. Things looked black when the guards found the twisty dagger in Jakobs pack. Jygil cast discern lies and asked Jakob how he had come by it? He answered truthfully that he had taken it from the body of the dead Baneite priest.
    Jygil ordered them released, informing them that the dagger belonged to first speaker Tessarin 'Longtresses' Alaurun. She cast cure critical wounds on Khor and Circle of healing on everyone.
    "Now return to the coucil chamber at 2pm" she asked, "when I have had time to study these papers and - er - get dressed!" she blushed.

Chain shirt on Baneite priest. Garacaius has the black morningstar. Jakob has contents of chest - 3 potion bottles and 255gp. Jygil kept the dagger.

400 xps each to Perch, Garacaius and Jakob
    500 xps each to Khor and Nailo.

Since no-one spotted that Table of Penem = Temple of Bane the Easter egg bonus goes unclaimed. :)

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited October 28, 2001).]

6. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

After having questioned the hobgoblins Milla returns to the main room. She starts to collect and bundle together the various armour and weaponry they had found on the two orcs and the two acolytes. She also gathers the goldcoins found on the bodies. She decides to leave the chalice and makes a mental note to tell one of the local priests that a consecration would be in order here.

The companions returns and tells Milla and Sarathien what happened further in.
    Milla listen with some unease.
    "You should have called out for Sarathien and me. I'm glad you managed to get the priest, but that snake thing really makes my skin crawl.
    So what do we do now?
    How about going back to the inn and take stock of the situation."

Milla grabs one end of the bundle of armor with an obvious invitation to anyone else wanting to help her with heavy package.

"By the way, is anyone in need of chainmails or scale mails? Otherwise we'll just make a stop at Udos getting rid of these..."

Edit: No prob Jakob, just trying to tie up loose ends.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited October 29, 2001).]

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius walks next to Milla and lends a hand with the armors.
    "Hi Milla, we are supposed to attend a summoned meeting at 2pm, in the meanwhile we might as well sell all this stuff and buy new gear if we need it, unless anyone have a final request for a suit of armor. Now, who are willing to carry the weapons?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 29, 2001).]

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

The human sized chain shirts are too big for Perch, but Ugo will trade two of them for a single halfling sized chain shirt.
    Other prices on request. :)

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ooc: sorry Milla, but I took the candlesticks in the live session.
    While the rest of the party are gathering up the loot, jakob divides out the money from the chest to the tune of 36GP each, making a mental note to give the remainder to beggars on the street. He then pulls the candlesticks out of his bag and examines them, to see if they have any markings which could get him in trouble if he tries to sell them, and attempts to appraise them. To Garacaius, he says, "Say, you know a thing or two about magic, any chance you could identify the potions I found?".

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 29, 2001).]

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius looks at Jakob with a tired look on the face, but at the mentioning of magical items a spark ignites the interest of his eyes.
    "Magical you say? I might be able to help you, but I am currently too tired, later perhaps. You could try to get an alchemist to take a look at the potions if such is around town. I'll be interested to take a closer look at them though, but later."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 29, 2001).]

11. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Perch soon reappeared, in a bright mood, obviously just from the meal. As he did not want to deepen himself in the intrigue and mystery, and he did not see a chance for a fight, the halfling stated:
    "Well well, this place is cleansed of bad food and service. My service here is done. If you have more of a good fight in sight, I'll be in the cheapest eatery on the street, mayhap there will be more temples of Bane there?"
    With these words, Perch hopped out of the room.

12. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Khor shook his head at the odd little halfling. As they made their way back through the secret passages and out of the eatery, he made sure all the weapons and armor were gathered up, shouldering the largest part of the load himself. Since Jygil had healed him, he was feeling much better, and ready once again to face whatever fate sent his way.

OOC: Table of Penem, heh. :rolleyes: So, Khor is now 36 gp richer, plus whatever armor and weapons he's carrying... did he give the medallion to Jygil? I can't remember...

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

Ugo seemed surprised to see them:
    "Back so soon eh? What have you got for Ugo today? By the way, brother Khor, I've completed the Dwarven Waraxe you ordered. Nice job, even if I say so myself."

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Milla decides to keep one of the silver morningstars for practise purpose. She shows the other one to Ugo.
    "Is this morningstar special in any way because it seems to be made of silver. Is that better? and is it worth anything?"

Ooc help me out here, does anyone want any armour or should we just sell it?

ooc edit: mace/morningstar they all look the same to me :)

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited October 30, 2001).]

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

Ugo examines the morningstars carefully. "Not made of silver, too soft. But they have been silvered. I'll give you 20 gp each for'em. Some folks favour silvered weapons when facing were-critters, Daggers and swords are more usual, but why not morningstars? Then again, they may have just been ceremonial."

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius sets down the set of armours in front of Ugo: "How much would you give for these sets of armour Ugo?"

Garacaius then looks to Milla and shrugs "If Perch wants an armor, he have to make one out of hamburgers now."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 30, 2001).]

17. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Hmmm, let's see, 3 sets of scale, rather smelly, give you 75gp for them. These are nice though, 3 chain shirts - 160gp. So that's 235gp altogether." Ugo smiled. Since this bunch arrived in Nesme, trade had certainly picked up.

18. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Khor's eyes lit up at the mention of the waraxe. "So soon! Ah, let me see her... how much do I owe you now?"

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

"28gp and she's all yours, Khor my friend. Careful with the blade, you could split a whisker with it." Ugo proudly proclaimed.

20. Zorac Gems: 11/31

"And one of the morningstars, that should be 255gp", Milla hands over the wares to Ugo.

Milla accepts the money and splits them between her companions.
    "Here you go", handing over 47gp to each (holding on to Perchs share til next she sees him).

ooc we are 7 right now, right?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.