1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Euro: Through the Looking Glass

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Certainly, master gnome. That'll be 7gp too. Alas, I only stock metal armour. You'll need to visit 'Tanned Hides' for leathers."

2. Ksiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"How much does your banded mail run? That is if you have any?"

Hayden walks through the store looking at the different arms and armor.

3. Vanadin Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sarathien looks at the sword he got from Erek to see if it holds a similar 'M' mark on the hilt.

Indicating Milla's sword, he asks :
    "Peredhil, if I wanted to buy a blade like that in Phlan, where would you advice me to go?"

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited January 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited January 14, 2002).]

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] "Oh I have banded mail alright, made from the finest Thar iron. But it isn't cheap, 250gp and worth every coin.
    I stock Melvaunt blades, but not shortswords like this. Now you'd hardly expect me to recommend a competitor would you?"

Sarathien's blade was the twin of Milla's, right down to the tiny M on the hilt.

5. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"250 gold? Well, that is a little more than I have right now. I'll just have to come back later."

6. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"I can see you would not do such a thing, however I am not interested in buying a blade. I merely wish to learn the origins of these two blades."

Sarathien gets a gold coin from his purse.

"I will give you this for the information, now will you please tell me who sells these?"

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Well, they could have been bought in Melvaunt, it's only a couple of days east of here. On the other hand, I hear there's a man name of Jerome in Old Phlan who imports such things. Don't ask me where his shop is, I stay this side of the river."
    With that Matteo pocketed the coin. Milla sold a sword for 150gp.

They moved on to Tanned Hides where Jakob invested in leather armour, then on again into the textile district where oilskin cloaks were purchased.
    The party then resolved to go through Old Phlan to try and find Evaine. Passing the Town hall they noticed 'missions' posted. Hayden took on a mission to investigate undead in the Valhingen Graveyard and Jakob took one to eliminate giant rats in the River Ward. They crossed the Stojanow Bridge into Old Phlan, heeding the guards warnings.
    Walking down the rundown streets between delapidated houses their spirits sank into the chill mist. At a fork in the road they headed north and arrived at the locked iron gates of the Valhingen Graveyard. Garacaius sent Shadowfang aloft.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited January 17, 2002).]

8. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

Sarathien felt the gates, finding them locked. Turning to his companions, he spoke:

"Well, it is time to make a grand entrance I guess. To my limited knowledge of undead they seldom prefer stealth, so I do not think we need to worry about knives in the back anymore."

Sarathien drew his longsword and looked through the fence to get a feel for the layout of the graveyard, taking note of anything that seemed suspicious.

"Well Jakob, I think locks are your department... Or perhaps we could get keys from the undertaker we walked past back there. What say you?"

[This message has been edited by Vanadin (edited January 17, 2002).]

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob selected a lockpick from the chain on his belt. "Well, Sarathien," he said, "I'm never one to pass up the opportunity to keep in practice." Glancing quickly over each shoulder he advanced on the gates.

10. Ksiel Gems: 2/31

"Lets get in there, I hope we find those defiled creatures.....I want to battle!!"

Hayden knuckles turn white as he grips his axe, and the group notices that all to obvious look in his eye.

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

The psdlock proved to be no challenge for Jakob's nimble fingers. The gates creaked open and the group entered the graveyard. A chill mist drifted in from the River Stojanow to their left. Ahead of them stretched graves for as far as the eye could see. Some simple, some elaborate. Mausoleums were dotted about. A path wound its way through the dismal scene.

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"I really don't like this." Garacaius said with a worried voice. "Hopefully we will not have to stay here for the night."
    Garacaius slowly walked inside, ready for anything coming out of the earth.

13. Vanadin Gems: 5/31

"I could not agree more, quessir. I say we make our way through as fast as we can and try to make our way to the lady Elaine of the forests beyond.
    If we happen upon any restless spirits we take can care of the situation there and then, but let us not go looking for trouble."

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

Contd under Grave Danger

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.