1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Jalpiar (Formerly RC No America Tue/Sun)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

"Right."

Knorr notices the attempt to devour a chef and, noting that such is the most feared fate of those in the culinary arts, kicks the goblin in the teeth. The goblin dutifully collapses unconscious.

"Now then," Knorr says, turning to the other goblin. "How do we open that door?" He indicates the locked door Naffin was talking about. "And which way did the humans who were not killed go?"

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited January 25, 2002).]

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Naffin nods at Nyora, "Yes it seems that everytime we speak of the missing adventurers the size of the party changes - very strange. Perhaps the 'woodsman' has left them?"

Continuing: "One of those doors is locked, we should see if one of those goblins, living or dead, has the key to it, or with any luck a ring of keys for doors around here. We will make lots of noise breaking through every locked door we come across."

With that, Naffin again moves to each door, one at a time, and listens at them for the sounds of activity or the possiblity of an oncoming patrol.

3. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The remaining conscious goblin removes a piece of string from around his neck and holds it out, on the end is tied a key. The goblin then makes some noises and points to his throat, revealing a scar.

OoC: Naffin does not hear anything from beyond the doors on the north wall or the northern door on the west wall. Beyond the southern door on the west wall, he hears some faint moaning.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited January 25, 2002).]

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Keeping his spear against the remaining goblin, Knorr yanks the key off his neck and throws it to Naffin.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

While the interrogation of the goblins went on, Karak borrowed Olanth's torch long enough to get a good look at some tracks in the room.

First, he noticed that a scuffle had taken place in this room, one that had seemed worse than theirs. Upon further inspection, Karak noticed that there were three sets of human tracks, and they all led to the north door. Only a few other tracks headed to the other door.

He gave Olanth his torch back, and told the everyone of his discoveries after eying the goblins suspiciously.

"I have some rope we can use if need be. We've got to keep these goblins somewhere, so they can't go running off. We could take them back to the kobolds. Any other ideas?"

6. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

While Naffin listened at the doors Nyora checked the two dead goblin's bodies to see if there was anything of worth. She found 18 silver pieces and a silver flask. She then approached Naffin to show him the flask and sp.

"Have you any idea what this is?"

Just then, Karak told of his discovery of the human tracks. She took a step towards Karak, just in time to avoid the key chain that Knorr had thrown to Naffin.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited January 25, 2002).]

7. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Naffin picks the key up off the ground where it landed near his feet, and tries it on the lock of the door...The key turns and Naffin hears the tumblers fall.

"Olanth, Karak, be ready... there was breathing inside."

Naffin opens the door.

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited January 26, 2002).]

8. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Squalor, filth, and crude torture devices fill the chamber Naffin is now seeing. Three small, horned humanoids (Kobolds) are roughly tied to a large spike near the entrance. Their bodies are covered with small cuts and bruises. In the far north west corner, a battered gnome languishes inside a rusty iron cage, small even for him. Along the walls, rusted manacles are attached. In the center of the room, a large table sits, its gears and wheels giving away the cruel intent of this rack.

The kobolds sit on the floor moaning. The gnome inside the cage raises his arm and waves at Naffin. "Thank the gods. Perhaps I won't have to remain here for the rest of my life."

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited January 26, 2002).]

9. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

[​IMG] Naffin hesitates, trying to take in everything that he is suddenly confronted with. After a moment, he simply calls out, "Knorr, I think I know where we can put those goblins."

"In fact perhaps you should come and look at this, Meepo I believe this will be of interest to you as well..."

Naffin cautiously enters and carefully looks around for a possible key to the cage might be kept as he makes his way into the room. He stops at the Kobolds, and observing that hey are obviously in no shape to cause any trouble once freed, produces a dagger and begins to cut them free of their restraints.

As he is doing so, he addresses the gnome for the first time: "Excuse me Mister Gnome, would you happen to know where the key is for your current lodging? I'm afraid that you can not stay there, as it is going to have new occupants moving in shortly."

10. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

After peering into the room, Nyora decided to search the "unconscious" goblin, in the hopes that he might have the key to the gnome's unfortunate enclosure.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited January 26, 2002).]

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

The gnome perked up at hearing a friendly voice. "Well, I'm afraid that the key to my lock is in the hands of that large brute, Durnn. Perhaps you have someone strong that could bust me out. This lock is somewhat rusted and perhaps not as good as it once was. By the way, my name is Erkastinous Q. Timbers, but most everyone simply calls me Erky. I think I would have been goblin gruel by now if it weren't for the fact that I'm a wizard. I have been able to check things out for the cheif as far as to their magical properties, so he keeps me around."

OoC: After searching the unconscious goblin's body, Nyora finds 18 silver pieces in a small pouch. Having been freed by Naffin, and seeing Meepo, the three battered kobolds approach Meepo, talking to him in low voices.

Meepo addresses Knorr, "Hey boss, these three wish to know if they can go back home."

12. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Finding nothing but silver, and hearing that this goblin did not have the key anyway, Nyora left the unconscious goblin and walked into the apparent torture chamber.

"I didn't find anything on the unconscious one, Naffin. Only more silver pieces."
    Addressing Olanth, "Do you think you can help this gnome out a bit and see if there is some way your strength can free him?"

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited January 27, 2002).]

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

After moving aside so Nyora could feel up the unconscious goblin, Knorr uses his spear to urge the other goblin to stand and pushes him into the room Naffin unlocked. "Where do you want this guy, Naffin?"

When Meepo asks about letting the kobolds go free, Knorr says "That sounds good, so long as no one else objects. Just make sure they know their rescuers were named Knorr, Nyora, Naffin, Olanth, and Karak."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.