1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Murder in Broad Daylight

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob returns from the alchemists' , still in his "law student" disguise and starts talking to Pimm. "We have a dilemma it would appear. Us two, among the whole group are most responsible for this predicament (I more so than you, as my carelessness tipped off the Serpents), and cannot abandon our friends. Yet, were we to enter that courthouse to testify we would have to stand as suspects, and...I don't want to die." Jakob looks as if he is about to weep, " I should have continued with my studies, and taken over the family business, like me ol' da wanted, I'd have grown rich and fat and comfortable, instead of being a murder suspect within years of coming of age..."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited November 03, 2001).]

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander, not one to sit around when his help may be needed gets up and walks over towards the jail. He turns just before it and heads to the windows in the cells, where he finds Barent and someone he doesn't recognize. He calls to them softly, "Hey, come here I may be able to help." Once the mage makes his way to the window Xander asks him, "do you see any possibility for escape. And would locksmith tools would help you open the cell door?"

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] OoC: To Xander: To create a Masterwork Staff you need to start with an exceptionaly fine piece of wood costing 300 gp. The time required is 2 weeks. The DC is 20, you can add your Craft skill as armoursmith.

The cells are completely below ground, beneath the barracks. No windows to the outside world.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus awakens from his sleep with a jerk. He sits up groggy trying to recall how he had fallen asleep...that was it, there was nothing much better to do and after eating his lunch, Majikus just wanted to sleep anyway.

Majikus peers across the room and notes that Barent is fast asleep with his wierd looking construction of padded armor without the hide lying on the stne cold ground...

"god i need exercise" mutters Majikus and decides to stretch himself before lying back onthe bed wondering what the others were doing...

5. ayecapitan Guest

Needing sleep, Knomal made a faulty pillow of his cloak and fell dead asleep. He put his silver pin in a deepest pocket of his garments...

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen slowly wanders back from the alchimist's shop, heavy thoughts weighing down his pace. As he comes to the Moonbridge, he stops, peering over the water, watching the birds' reflections as they fly overhead. How did he come into such a mess, he wonders. Only days before, he had been attending his grandfather's funeral in Waterdeep, and now, out of the blue, he finds himself stuck in this town, embroiled in deceipt and murder with people he hardly knew the day before. Xalen sighs as he takes out the death threat from this morning and reads it again. It still manages to boil his blood hotter than a red dragon's breath, yet his fear of being implicated in this mess at the trial quickly cools it.

"You have no ties to this lot...no bonds. Why persue this matter any further; leave with your neck still atached to your head while you can," a vioce says deep inside him. And he thinks that vioce may very well be right. However, as he clenches his fist around the note, he wants this situation finshed, and he wants Mrs. DeKrynn to be revealed for what she is: a filthy murderer. And still the question intriques him: why? Why has all this occured; what did she stand to gain from this all. And could he leave Knomal to rot in jail or swing by a hangman's noose...and...and with his mind cluttered by such thoughts, he sighs and decides to move on. The answers to his path will come soon enough. For now, Xalen decides to spend some usefull time at the city's vast archives on arcania, hoping to learn some new, facinating bits of information on the magic arts. After spending a few hours searching through dusty tomes, Xalen heads back off to the inn, hoping to get a good nights sleep before dawn brings forth a new chapter to this mystery.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited July 25, 2001).]

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas spent a fruitless afternoon tramping round the warehouse district south of the river, trying to find if anyone knew Miss deKrynn as 'Magenta'. No-one knew her first name. He returned to the 'Bright Blade' and went to bed early. "Better be fresh for the morning." he thought.

OoC Events of the next day under "The Trial"

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob thinks on his situation. Eventually he comes to a decision. "Thomas," he announces, "I can't abandon my friends, when my incompetence got them in jail. I can't let the merchants win. I'm turning myself in, so I can speak at the trial." he takes his pack off his shoulders and hands it to Thomas," this is all my stuff and all my money, use it however you see fit to get the three (or four if Pimm gives himself up) out of this mess. What value are material possesions compared to liberty, anyway? If the worst comes to the worst, I have a small plan. It may not work, but if the trial fails it could be our only hope. When we're to be hanged, we need knives, and a distraction..."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.