1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC No. America - Reports and Brawls

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"Bah. That ain't a way. We take the bum and bring him to the prison for assaulting the guests of the city with a deadly weapon of your choice. Mayhap they'll give us a tad of gold for such a service..."

2. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"That will work too I suppose. Though I don't think it will be nearly as fun."

3. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

"I suppose we could do both... Can't we act in self-defense against s greenie brute?"

4. rcoutme Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Meanwhile, Robidolian hits upon a suggestion of trading his bottles for some of the items that the "ladies" have on their shelves. "How about those boots, some bottles of Cure Light Wounds, and a bunch of scroll-writing material?" he asks.

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

How about these boots (Boots of Elvenkind), 5 potions of Cure Light Wounds, enough material to scrib 10 scrolls and 1500 Gold.

6. rcoutme Gems: 4/31

"It's a little light, but done!" I need to give my friends some of the proceeds anyway ...

7. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Having successfully negotiated with the ladies in Furjur’s Flying Carpet, Robidolian, Nimbul, and Iris left to find their other two companions. Not knowing where to look, Nimbul suggested they look near the taverns frequented the other night. The two may be looking to get an early start on the nights carousing. As they approached Halabar’s Horn of Spirits, they could see two familiar figures heading into the back alley. Knomal and Gaspar returned to dispatch the Half-Orc they had tied up and left in the garbage pile.

Finding their quarry still bound and gagged, Knomal ended the wretches life with a quick dagger thrust . From there they traveled to Ye Olde Adventurer’s Shoppe. Knomal purchased two grapple bolts for Robidolian’s crossbow, one Piton, and a small hammer. Robidolian distributed the gold received from selling the Insect Swarm Jars, 300 gp each. He then asked Nimbul if he would be willing to trade his nice backpack for a pair of excellent boots. Nimbul said he would consider the trade.

Waiting until the he was supposed to meet with the representative from the Mercenary Guild, Knomal and the others hid near the stronghold until dark. They approached the keep from the northwest, launching one grapple bolt to the top of the tower. Iris, pulled out the wand of invisibility found back near the Hydra lair, and used it to conceal the party one by one. Nimbul was the first to ascend the tower. There were two guards patrolling the wall, but they were near two of the other three towers. Knomal followed and signaled for Gaspar the climb up. Before Gaspar reached the top, Nimbul and Knomal had snuck up to the guards and dispatched them with ease.

Descending the stairs into the northwest tower, the three made a brief stop in the lower chamber to search, then entered the compound. They made their way to the front gate where Gaspar opened it up for Robidolian and Iris. Unfortunately, the noise alerted the watch leader who approached to investigate. Knomal led off the battle striking the armor clad figure with one of the blue arrows. Nimbul retreated into the shadows and moved into flanking position while Gaspar charged in with his Great Axe. Iris hit with a pair of Magic Missiles, but Gaspar missed with his blow. The watch leader caught Gaspar with a counterblow dealing him minor damage. The next arrow Knomal fired bounced harmlessly off the armor of his target. The others had similar luck except for Iris who again struck home with two more Magic Missiles. The watch leader then struck Gaspar with a critical blow, lucky for Gaspar he wears a magic ring that reduces the damage. Knomal hit again with one of the blue arrows and along with Iris’ Magic Missiles and Gaspar’s mighty blow, the Watch leader finally dropped. A search of the leaders cabin revealed two footlockers. Knomal found a jewel encrusted dagger and scabbard that Iris determined to be magical. There were also two sacks of coins found, one in each of the footlockers.

Robidolian and Gaspar moved toward the large building on the north wall and it was easy to hear the loud singing coming from inside. Gaspar could make out the distinct slurring of speech associated with drunken revelry, so the party decided to enter. Robidolian, Still under the effects of the invisibility spell, opened the door then stepped aside while Knomal and Gaspar moved inside. The seven drunken mercenaries were no match for the assault that ensued and when two had fallen dead with two more injured, the five remaining surrendered.

Knomal began the interrogation by telling the five that their Half-Orc leader was in league with the Orc raiders living in Turnstone Pass.

Each party member receives 500 experience. The equipment found on the guards and watch leader are as follows: two heavy Crossbows, two sets of Studded Leather Armor, one Masterwork Bastard Sword, and one Suit of Full Plate Armor. The items found in the Footlockers were one Magical Dagger and two sacks of 150 gp each.

8. rcoutme Gems: 4/31

"How do they drink this swill?" Robidolian ponders, as he drinks more of the ale. "I am going to have to convince Iris to take invisibility as a spell. It makes healing MUCH easier when there are no enemies attacking..."

"I wonder if Knomal will be able to convince this drunken mob to join us. We could use some extra hands. Only problem is, if we took them out this easily, how reliable will they be if they are allied with us. Oh, well. What will be, will be." gulps down more of the "swill".

9. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Knomal paces in circles around the room.

"So, drunken sirs, you say that you know nothing of the exploits of your vicious leader? I guess there ain't no need to kill ye'll for being stupid enough to mess with folk who ain't got no mind to be a loyal citizen but ally them with armies of dunghead giants who, besides being dumb, are also strong and powerful enough to squish anyone under their huge dumb fists... What do you suggest we do with you all? I ain't thinkin' you'll be welcome in Sundabar."

10. Iris takes out the scabbard and dagger, but not before giving dirty looks to the drunkards with their ill-tasting "swill". She examines carefully, checking the sharpness with her thumb, see how well the scabbard is made, and, unable to identify it, decides to cast a spell[Identify] to see what the dagger and scabbard are...

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

One of the mercenaries, slurring his speech due to his inebriated state, replies, "Good Sssir, pleassse don't kill *hic* us. I have family in Nesme, and we will leave this place and go there, if it is all right with you."

As Iris casts her spell and concentrates on the jewel encrusted dagger, she begins to unlock the secrets to its magic. [+1 Dagger of Fire Burst, +1d10 fire damage on a critical hit]

12. rcoutme Gems: 4/31

Robidolian whispers to Knomal, "Prey on their associated guilt. Tell them that they have to make up for their leaders' evil ways. It should work on them, especially now. Let them know that you are here to help them find a way to PROVE their loyalty."

"If that doesn't work on these drunks, nothing will. They're mercenaries, so they must have a reason to give their loyalty so quickly....and foolishly."

13. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Knomal raises a brow -

"Nesme, you say? How, pray, are you going to go to Nesme if there's the troops of Sundabar wantin' yer heads, and them being attached to your bodies is quite optional."

He stared sharply in the eyes of the mercenaries for a moment, going on --

"You'll go to Nesme with us, as personal prisoners. This way, none's going to touch you and you'll get out of this place safely. Any objections?"

14. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

"Good sir, I wasn't aware that you were going to Nesme. I figured that you would be heddin after the others that went into the pass and the city. I heeard that the runt is waitin for someone at some bar or such and the big guy went after some orcs or such with the rest of the troope. But if its to Nesme you're a goin, I'll go along. I figure the trip will be dangerous anyway and being along with someone as powerful as you wouldn't bother me."

15. rcoutme Gems: 4/31

"Nesme? Why would we be going to Nesme? I think we should head after the orcs in the pass. Knomal? What in the nine planes of hell are you planning?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.