1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: No. America Wed - Within the Ruins

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Oct 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Nimbul wiped the soot from his face after his near immolation and contemplated his companion's words. "Stealth AND disguise seem to be in order here. Our foe has superior numbers, that we couldn't defeat in a battle without help.

If it is possible for us to gain entry while the castle's troops are investigating our our, um, er, careful inspection of the drow hideout," Nimbul added with a wink and a grin. "We might be able to lock out our would be captors, and find out who commands this band of orcs..."

As for the jar, I do not think we should abandon it for some creature to chance upon it, and possibly unleash the power within. We should keep it with us until we have an opportunity to discern its' nature.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Perhaps I am overthinking this. I agree that we should rush to the castle and seek to lock out as many of the orcs as possible.

As for the jar, we should descide if it is worth sacrificing our lives for. If faced between revealing our location and being forced to destroy (or loose) the jar, we need to have a plan.

ooc - Right now, wouldn't you love to save the game, open the jar to find out what happens, and then reload it after Azmodus and 28 Pitfinds appear and rip us to shreds!!! Then ... reload and move on! ;) :spin: :roll:

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited October 15, 2001).]

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Kitiara glances at the others breifly before stating the fairly obvious. "We will be using the wand of invisibility, it is fairly possible that the green flame will be invisible also." Lifting her robes, she starts to pick her way through the rubble towards the open gates. "We should hurry, who knows how long these gates will remain open!"

ooc: We should have me use the wand as i am the highest level and hopefully this will make the spell last longer.

4. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] ooc: Plus, you have the hottest avatar! Well, maybe Mathetais has the "hottest" avatar...But your's is pretty hot! :grin: :spin: :roll:

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] The paladin watches the female elf pick her way through the rubble towards the gates and sighs. The mutters to himself, "The only thing obvious is that we are in over our heads here and need to guard every step."

ooc- I was under the impression that we had used the wand, as Baldak's post said, "it was decided to use the wand of invisibility to aid the group in sneaking into the castle at this time" ... after that post, the powerful DM points out, "As the party heads toward the castle gates, they notice that is is begining to get dark, and the green flame over Iris is more noticeable." This led me to believe that even invisible, the green flame was a danger to the party. Baldak, please correct me if I am wrong.

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] ooc: that sounds right to me...

7. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

ooc: well nimbul is not a magic user and is in possesion of the wand. As far as i know a magic user must use the wand, and it is a spell that must be cast.We also agreed to use it closer to the gates. Plus i know because of my Arcane Knowledge that it is possible to use the wand and have the green flame also be invisible. note possible!.

8. ooc: I noticed that too but since nobody else had seemed to notice.... And also, has *NO ONE* read my post on the cloak?!

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] ooc - I read the post on the cloak ... I think it should go to Nimbul or one of the sorceresses. I don't need the help with stealth as my personal goal in life is to get a suit of full plate mail .... I'm gonna be as stealthy as a happy kobald with a set of tin pans!!!!

ic - "Foresooth"

10. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

ooc yes i read the post on the cloak, if there are more then one that wish to use it why dont we roll for it :) Highest roll wins? just an idea anyhow.

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited October 16, 2001).]

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

OK, to clarify a few things, It was decided that the Wand of Invisibility was going to be used, but the party was going to use it when a little closer to the gates so as to gain the maximum benefit.
    As for the time the invisibility will last, it does not matter who uses the wand, the duration of the spell cast from a wand is determined by the caster who made the wand.
    Finally, Nimbul has the "Use Magical Device" Skill and could therefore attempt to use the wand, he may just not be successful.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited October 16, 2001).]

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] ooc: My hide is +10 already, so if you want someone else to have it, otherwise I'll be +20. I would like to get the shortsword and bow ID sometime soon...It would be nice to know what they can do.

As for the wand, I can use it...But the duration would be based on the wizard that made it...But I'm fine with you carrying it around Kitty. ;)

Let's hide the green flame, go invisible, lock the gate, and get medieval on whoever's inside...

I also didn't see Baldak's or Kit's last post before I posted my babble.

IC: Like Mathetais said...

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited October 16, 2001).]

13. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

Kitiara looks behind her as she travels through the rubble heading for the gates. Noticing that the party are still standing around talking she sighs "We must get going!"

She looks down at Jager and shakes her head. Heading back to the group, she mutters to herself "The blasted gates will be closed if we all stand around and discuss things"

"Well Nimbul shall we use that wand now and get this group into the castle?"

ooc: ok post who wants to use the cloak and we figure out from there. Also, Baldak i think your missing the crossbow we also found in the house. We need to divey up these goods fairly i suppose...lol

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] ooc- Kit, no one said we were all standing around. The conversation of the above posts would take about 15 seconds real time ... so don't get your knickers in a knot ;) Besides, we can't do anything inside the gates until the next session, so we have another whole day to make sure we are all crystal clear on the plan for the coming encounter.

still ooc, but this is the sort of thing my character would discuss while we are collecting the loot from the orcs ...
    ... if we get ambushed moving into the castle or still in the ruins, I suggest we stand our ground and hold to some sort of formation. I have a few tanglefoot bags, and I don't know if Kit or Shadow have area effect spells, but they will soon. Our current habit of rushing the biggest bad guy immediately is fun, but not always the best use of our talents. This will be the case especially if we get caught entering the castle. The natural bottleneck there would be a good place to contain the superior numbers of our enemies . . . etc, etc, enough paladin-like blabbering . . . by this time you'd probabaly have tuned me out ;)

ic- Mathetais moved as quietly as his armor would allow him and took his position near the front of the party. His sharp eyes scanned the rubble for any signs of movement and his mind lifted a prayer to Corellion Lanethon for protection and guidance.

15. ooc: Nimbul: cloak, Kit: wand.

ic: Iris mutters under her breath, "why don't we get this blasted jar off me". Iris walks towards Kitiara and Mathetais anyways, hoping that they would get the jar off her.

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] ooc: Sounds good to me...Unless someone else wants the cloak, I'll take it...+20 to Hide would make me a pretty good scout!

ic: Nimbul flips the wand to Kitiara..."There you go lass! Now let's keep to the shadows for a bit, and get the drop on these beasties!" he said with a wink.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] ooc - Shadow, how did they put the jar on you. I'd be happy to carry it. I think I have the best AC in the group, so if the green flame makes the carrier a target, it might as well be me.

So that we're agreed ... we are getting as close to the castle in the ruins as possible. Then we are casting invisibility from the wand and rushing through the gates. We will then close them, I recommend Gaspar to do the closing w/ me as back up and the rest guarding. Once secured inside, we will explore the castle.

Kit or Shadow (or Serena) - do you have a wizard lock spell or the equivalent? If not, maybe Nimbul can arrange some sort of trap or alarm on the gates so that we can know if they've been opened once we are inside.

See you all this evening.

IC - "Gently"

18. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Math, the "Jar" was placed inside a backpack using the pole and noose trick. Shadow just volunteered to carry it. It could be carried by anyone in this manner.

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

ooc- Thank you Mighty One!

IC - As the compainions darted from shadow to shadow, Mathetais drew next to Iris. He caught her eye and whispered in elvin, "Allow me to ease your burden. Your magic is needed in this campaign and I cannot allow you to be chosen as a target because of this cursed jar. It would be my privilige to carry it for you."

Seeing the agreement in her eyes, he waited until the next time they paused before dashing across a vacant street. As the rest of the party scanned the street for any signs of movement he slipped the back from Iris's slender sholders, adjusted the straps, and slung it onto his own back.

Looking to the rest of the group, he nodded that he was ready, clenched his sword a tad more firmly, and rushed to the next place of cover.

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] "Ahh the noble paladin...You're my hero!" smirked Nimbul as he batted his eyes sheepishly and ended with his trademark wink. "Our first task should be to close the gates behind us when we get inside the castle...Are we ready?"

ooc: YeeeHa! Let's Roll! :grin:
    P.S. Sorry Math, as usual, I just love havin' fun with ya! Did we bring any marshmallows? 'Cause I think things are about to get hot! :flaming:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.