1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: The Trial of the Warehouse three

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 26, 2001.

1. ayecapitan Guest

"Good, but I have one concern. IF the people we are to meet know of deKrynn's um... fate, we will be in a very frustrating situation.
    Is it not better to appear as her emissary?"

OoC As soon as I reach 350 posts, I change my name to something that's faster to type and makes sense :)

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

OOC: Sniper, re-read Erran's last post before yours..a watchman just released you.

"Why, thank you, good man...thank you very much indeed. Everyone here is truly grateful for your hospitality, and such a large payment. Glad to know I could help you out in all of this," Xalen says as he shuffles the coin purse around is his hand. It felt good to have such an amount of gold on him again, though soon enough he really should distribute it among the ones who almost lost their life in all of this, even though he *was* one of the ones who helped set them free. Ah well, all these decisions could wait, he thought to himself. Now was a time for revalry.
    Zealously, he clasps Knomal on the shoulder, and smiling for a change, he shouted over the music and celebration, "Well looks like we got something out of all this afterall. And you even got a ring of climbing to boot! Not a bad day after all, especially since you all left out of there with your neck still attached to your body." Xalen takes a gulp of his ale and toasts Thomas. "But, gentlemen, something still truly disturbes me about all of this. If the city found a leter that showed the DeKrynn woman's guilt in all of this before, then why didn't they do anything until it became publically know at the trial what was going on? High ranking noblewoman or not, I can't say I really trust this woman. Something just doesn't feel right about all of this. Before we head off to the coaster warehouse tomorrow, we really need some sort of plan in case all of this terribly goes wrong. Oh, and the idea of disgusing as this woman really doesn't set well with me either. What are we to do if these people know her...is anyone here that good at the art of disguise?"

3. herf Guest

The dwarf Barent creeps up beside Knomal and looks sheepish, "Mr.Knomal...*ahem* Knomal, would it be ummm unjust of me tae ask fer that there crossbow yer carrying from de orc bastard thet i *ahem* saved you from?" The dwarf smiles hopefully, "Aye and de bolts that ye fire frem it..."

4. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas addressed Xalen: "Well duBarry gave me the letter, let's see what it DOES say:

'To Miss deKrynn
    If the gem is what you say it is then I am willing to pay 1000gp. For obvious reasons I will be unable to meet you in Silverymoon. I will be at the abandoned Inn "The Trolls Head", off the Everlund road for the 3 days following full moon. I will watch out for your Crimson Serpent wagon and if your hair is as red as your nickname suggests, you should be easy to recognise.
    I look forward to a profitable deal for both of us.
    Er-Cam.'

Well, unless you knew what the gem was, sounds like a normal deal? And I don't think they have met, must have dealt through intermediaries. Oghma's bones - full moon was 2 nights ago. Tomorrows the last day this 'Er-Cam' will be there!"

5. ayecapitan Guest

"Blast it! We need someone who has deKrynn's features to even find this man!"

Knomal turned his head to the dwarf and tossed him the crossbow, along with some bolts. Dwarf was quick to catch the weapon.

"If this Er-Cam knew the truth of the gem he wishes to buy, we are to be careful. He might want to dispose of all who know of him posessing it, and that abandoned inn's a good place to get away with making a couple o'corpses... We need a woman, and we need to act swiftly."

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"ahh, the heroes return" Garacaius says to noone in particular. He walks over and join the conversation. "Pardon me for intruding, but I couldn't help hearing of your problems. Perhaps if we are so lucky that someone here, with the knowledge of change self spell can change their appearance before meeting these people, as assuming he's alone would be foolish." Garacaius looks around on the others and continues in a more humble voice "This gem, does anyone know where it is located at the moment?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 29, 2001).]

7. herf Guest

Barent catches the Light Crossbow and the 19 bolts, "why thank you mr Knomal" the dwarf says with a smile on his face, testign out the new crossbow "Yeve made me a very happy man ye have"
    "Im all up fer dis trip, but the thing is, if this guy has enough jink-jink tae buy this thing, he'll also have enough jink to hire some very *ahem* proficient guards, lets just hope hes a lonesome mage eh?"
    With this Barent goes back to making his Hide armour, with more of a grin than usual on his face.

[This message has been edited by herf (edited July 29, 2001).]

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31

"Hmph, nothing like a meeting in an old delapodated inn in the middle of nowhere with a party I don't know and another I don't trust. A woman, any woman, at least would be more helpful than one of us trying to disguise ourselves as DeKrynn. Perhaps, Knomal, at least between you and I we might know enough about ancient magics to make it with a prayer; I think that all depends on how much this mysterious contact knows."
    Xalen goes to sit at a nearbye table to think for a bit about his situation. Bah, tonight's celebrations will just have to wait. Preparations will have to be made for tomorrow if that is the last day for all of this. Xalen thinks it's perhaps best to retire to his room for the evening to study more thoroughly from the book from the now dead Oliver's shop.

"Gentlemen, I believe I need to excuse myself from the revalry for the evening. I'm going to study up on the Kiira gems for the rest of the evening. Perhaps that will give us a little more than a prayer of saving our skins in the morn. If you need me, I'll be in my normal room."

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus walks into the inn, gets an ale and asks Barent what had been going on since he was taken to the stocks.

[A few minutes later Majikus turns to the whole group that remained]

"Hmm...so we need a woman eh? Well what about if we scrap some money together and sought of go to an experienced Mage or Priest for such a spell to cast on one of us? I mean we could try and find a cheap priest or mage to perform such a spell on one of us right?"

Pauses for a second and thinks...

"Oh yeah, sorry, but may i join you on this mission? and would i also be paid for it? I could do with a familiar...Either ways, i'm having a hot bath and then rest my aching body"

Majikus drinks the last of his ale and sets off back up the stairs...As he walks up the stairs, Majikus notices the guard that he cast the sleep spell on inwhich the guard casts him an evil glance.

"Ah well, i may need to prepare another spell for tomorrow"

Majikus continues up the stairs to his room.

Ooc: I've already memorized Magic missile and burning hands spell. And in the room Majikus prepares to memorize the Ray of Enfeeblement Spell. Is that alright?

10. ayecapitan Guest

"I still think our 'contact' might know that deKrynn's dead. We might assume he does not, but the trouble we get in just in case Er-Cam has the information might be too high a price to pay. I wish him not to be a lone mage, or his spells might dissipate any our guise... never underestimate magic."

Taking advantage of the innkeeper's hospitality, Knomal asked for some more light food. When finished, he went up to Myrdock and asked if there's a store that might provide him with a good-looking outfit and a wide-brimmed hat.

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

Myrdock informed Knomal that the shop across the road, Optym's Blade, sold a wide variety of clothing and armour, as well as weapons.

Thomas welcomed Gracaius: "We will need all the help we can get. As for the present location of the gem, we have all sworn an oath of secrecy not to reveal that."

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 30, 2001).]

12. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on, work has been killing me lately. From now on I give Erran and Crawl the right to post for me if I haven't been on that day.

After a short trek into the wilderness to refind himself, Xander returns to the party. He asks, "How has the trial gone?", for he has missed the whole thing.

13. herf Guest

Barent makes full use of the Barkeeps hospitality and eats until his health is replenished, then retires for the night with a swollen belly and an acheing head, leaving the others to sort out the problem of the much needed lady.
    As the dwarf sleeps he dreams of the day to come, hopeing on as many gods he can think of that the mage is alone or with few guards...

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

As Majikus climbed the stairs to his room, he was stopped by a short figure in ill-fitting clothes who pressed a pouch containing 10 gp into his hand. "Some may call me a thief," said Jakob, " but I only target those who can spare the gold." He then returned to his table near the group and resumed listening in on thier conversation to see just what he was missing.

OOC: Erran, if I decide to stay in town and make a living from gemcutting, how woul dmy profit be calculated, how much would the cheapest digs cost me weekly, and would I have any difficulty obtaining uncut gems?

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus thanks Jakob for the return of the gold.

As he lays in bed awake, he wonders whether he should volenteer to be the woman...after all, Thomas and the gang did help him through and he still needs to repay them.

"Well! I'm going to volenteer!"

Majikus trumbles down stairs and suddenly announces to his felloe band of adventuerers,

"First get me a stiff hard ale!"

Majikus sits down...

"Okay, i've given some thought to this and i'm going to volunteer to dress up as a woman but we shall need a ginger wig and some white powder...agreed? Right? Well c'mon! 2morow we look for a wig!"

Majikus finishes his ale and then trumbles back upstairs...

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Don't worry about that, Mercie has a few wigs, I'm sure she would loan you one." said Thomas.

OoC Gemcutting: If you work for someone, you can earn 5sp per day. Cheapest digs would be 1sp per day for something very basic, no food. If you work for yourself you could earn double that, but with a DC roll to see if you screw up and ruin the gem. Plenty of dwarves in Silverymoon, some from Citadel Adbar. Sure to be gems for sale somewhere.

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Thank you Thomas, you can count me in. Now as for tomorrow. If it is the last day for the deal, we need to make haste with Majikus' preparations. Not to spoil the party, but I think it wise to plan tonight, act tomorrow. Call me a worrier, but I expect the worst and hope for the best, I rarely get surprised this way." Garacaius makes a short brake and continues "As for the gem, I assume I will leave it... for the time being" Garacaius says with a crooked grin.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 30, 2001).]

18. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen orders a meal from the Barkeep and retires to his room to relax, eat, and study after a hard day indeed. After eating, he takes time to carefully polish his armor and put a razors edge on his sword, making sure it is good and sharp for anything that might come up tomorrow. Afterwards, he spends some time reading from the Elven Artifacts book and thinking about what is to come tomorrow. He is neither sure or confidnet about what is to come in the morn, but somehow he must muster up enough to apear to be, somehow. After reading from the book for what seemed like a very long time, Xalen retires for the evening, hoping tomorrow mission turns out well enough that he makes it through with his own life.

19. herf Guest

Barent rises out of his lice-infested bed with a groggy head and a sore back, as he rises he stumbles and trips onto his chamberpot, "By Hades hair, who put that daft thing there?" As Barent spends the better part of an hour cleanign himself up his companions all rise as well. By the time Barent has cleaned up he finds all his new-found friends sitting at a table in the downstairs bar. He roars with laughter as he spots Majikus the mage already dressed as a woman, "If aye dinnae nae u were a woman i would court ya meself!"
    "Well my friends, whoevers coming tae the wagon lets go!" and with this Barent the dwarf makes towards the door, not looking back to see whos following him.

20. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen wakes from his slumber and stretches as he lookd out the window. Ah, today seems much brighter, he thinks to himself. He slowly gets dressed, donning his armor and taking his sword, and all his gear with him. He also checks his coin purses, making sure both are there, and thankfully they are. Going downstairs, he fills up on his breakfast, and then sits outside the Tavern waiting for the first people who will be traveling with him to apear. As his disfotrune would have it, the first out is the Dwarf. Xalen unwillingly rises to his feat to great Barent. "Ho there, dwarf. Ready to depart, are you?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.