1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Tue/Sun No America - Sundabar, Gateway to the East

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Sep 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Seeing Xalen, the human stops and looks at him. "Well, if its arcaane knowledge your looking for, I would suggest trying to gain entrance to the Wizard Loft. It is a tower on the east side of the city and is a guild house of sorts for the Wizards who reside in the city. If its trinkets and such, I would suggest the shop called Furjur's Flying Carpet. The three women who run the place are delightful and the place is full of all sorts of odd trinkets. I here that they even have a real flying carpet."

Gaurlar speaks to Calin, "Don't mind ol' Dolnik behind the bar over there, he can't speak, his tongue was cut out by some orcs who had caaptured him. As for the Deer meat, I might be interested. How much do you have and where did you get it?"

2. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

OOc thanks, Baldak

Calin spoke to the owner, "The good news is that we have most of a deer. The bad news is that we won it in battle from a band of hunting orcs. I thought you might be interested, since I assume a lot of the food is going to the army."

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Observing that Gaurlar is verbally tied up with Calin, Pimm decides to see what the halfling is getting them into now.

After a nice big drought of his ale he gets up from his place at the bar. To Talia, "Excuse me for a moment m'am"

Grabbing a the scruff of Phineous's collar, he drags the halfling slightly away from Calin and Gaurlar, and leans in very close.

In a whisper to Phineous: "Ok halfling talk. What are you up to? When a man has to displace someone from his residence due to the presence of 'powerful guests,' and the displacee happens to be a Harper it makes me a wee little bit suspicious Phineous... See the words 'powerful guests' and 'Harper?' Do you see where I'm going with this?"

After a thought and with a grin, "Oh... and did you get anything good off the tall guy?"

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Seeing that the tavern's masters started developing a negative attitude to the troupe, Pheldas decided to leave the inn and let the tensions fade. The Harper has to know a way of escaping trouble, more so, a halfling Harper..., he thought of excuse for him not to aid Phineous.
    The mage walked the streets, watching around for some lead to the cultural center of the city, but getting nowhere near. By the Black Doom, a guardsman has to know everything here, does he? Pheldas walked up to a person that seemed very much of a city guardsman to the mage.
    "Sire, excuse me for the interruption, but might you be able to give me a direction to Sundabar's place of knowledge? A good dwarf out there [points in teh city gates' direction] has told me that I can find all the lore I be needing in this city's library."

5. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Talia realizes that she must think about this new information given to her by Pimm.
    As Pimm excuses himself to question Phineous, she sips the rest of her drink and decides to leave the tavern to take a walk with Kanir..... hoping to properly analyze the situation in a more peaceful environment then the present. It is clear that these men are not simply on a quest for adventure and fortune, although Phineous seems to partake in the fortune part in his own.... ahem........ interesting way. Obviously there is a bit more danger involved in this than she had expected. Not looking forward to returning to Jalanthar at the present time she decides to continue her journey with these men, if they approve ofcourse. She continues her walk with a bit more ease now upon arrival at her decision..........

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Ahhh...most fascinating. Good day to you." With that, Xalen heads to the Flying Carpet. Hopefully he can find a few interesting things to spend his money on, and perhaps these women might know of a way he might be able to gain acess to the Wizards Loft's archives for the evening. As Xalen walked the streets, parusing the stalls and small shops on his way to the Carpet, his apetite grew more and more hungry as he thought of the emence knowledge of magic lore the Loft must surely contain. Always drawn to books as a child, magic had always been one of his favorite reading pastimes. His grandfather always said he would teach him some of the basics when the time was right, but alas... Xalen turns his head and looks down, whiping his eyes, hopefully where noone could see. Eventually, he made his way to the shop and stepped inside. Thankfully, he sees the ladies aranging the shelves in preparation for tomorrow's business. Upon entering, one of the women looks his way. "Why hello. Hopefully you can help me. I was hoping to find some interesting trinkets and whatnots while I was in town, and a local said this was *the* place to go." Xalen smiles and removes his hood. "Also, he mentioned something of a Wizard's Loft. I would so love to peruse their tomes, just for an evening of course. Magical knowledge has always been a love of mine. Is there anyway that you ladies might know of that this would be possible for a non wizard such as myself?"

7. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

"Most of a deer, you say." Gaurlar looks up for a moment, apparently thinking. "Won from some orcs, you say. If you obtained it from the Moon Pass region, then I'll buy it for 20 gold. otherwise only 10. And I hope that your friends don't think I'm angry with you, I'm not even angry with your halfling friend."

The woman looks at Xalen, and calls out to her sisters. "Come, we have a customer waiting." Five other women come out from the shelves. "Now, what sort of trinkets are you interested in. We have such a large variety, each of us manages a different area. And as for getting into the Wizards Loft, all you would need to do is be the guest of one of the members, and 'we' are all members."

Phineous smiles at Pimm, and winks. "I was just out on a...a recon mission." He then whispers, "The Zhents have agents all over, and I just wanted to make sure none were here. And the tall fellow only has keys, I left him with them." Then more loudly, "I just happened upon him in his room taking a nap. I just wanted to see what the guestrooms were like. How was I supposed to know that the owner was naping in one."

OoC: The Trumpet is not a Tavern, It is an Inn.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited September 24, 2001).]

8. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Looking for ever-present Zhents eh? Yes, yes of course," Pimm says to Phineous.

"You didn't find any I take it? We should talk more about these Zhents that have been trailing us at a more convenient time and place. I had some ideas about the relationship between the Zhents and the Drow, and how we might complicate that a bit...," Pimm smiles arrogantly.

"Oh, and I suppose you are going to look into those guests that our proprieter mentioned? I can't imagine a Harper passing up the opportunity to invetigate a meeting with those of influence, yes?"

9. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

"I don't think that I'll check up on this particular group of 'powerful' guests. Gaurlar already told me who they are. It would seem that an adventuring band called the Ready Blades use this Inn as a home base of sorts, and they are currently in residence. I think I'll go out into the city a while and check out the sites." With that Phineous slips out the door and into the street.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited September 25, 2001).]

10. The Word Gems: 3/31

"10 gold is fine, we captured the deer in the Verbeeg Narrows." Calin bowed to the inkeeper, then turned and left the inn, deciding to explore the city a bit. Calin moved to the City center, and began inquiring for a place to test one skills, or to learn from other fighters.

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Eyeing Pheldas, the grim looking guard points to the eastern section of the city. If it's knowledge your looking for, the Wizard loft is the place to go. We don't have a public library, and they have all the books.

Gaurlar looks a Calin with a puzzled look on his face. "If you obtained this deer in the vicinity of the Verbeeg Narrows, then you did get it from the Moon Pass region for the Verbeeg Narrows are in the Moon Pass. But if all you wish is 10 Gold then you shall have it."

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited September 25, 2001).]

12. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"My thanks, sire." Pheldas addressed the guard and started his way to the east of the city.
    Wizards Loft... That be a good name for a guild. And it suren sounds like something you dont get into just of curiosity. I shall see for myself still.
    The mage walked the streets of Sundabar in search for the Wizards Loft, until he saw a tower and suggested that this must be his destination. He approached the building to look for entrances or guardians...

13. The Word Gems: 3/31

ooc oops, jusy give the money to one of my companions, I suppose.

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Ahh..such an entrapenouring set of ladies, and with such beautiful faces to match," Xalen says as he smiles at the group of women that he suddenly finds crowded around him. Well, ladies, I was more interested in trinkets an adventurer such as myself could wear, perhaps a ring or pendant, though anything an adventurer might fing useful would interest me if you would have anthing unique to show me. And you are *all* members you say. Fascinating...you all must be exceptional at procuring, or making perhaps, items for your establishment here? I am truly impressed."

15. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Standing at the base of the tower. Pheldas can see no apparent entrance. Upon close inspeciton, he can discern an inscription carved into the side of the tower, it is written in magic.

The woman again speaks to Xalen, "Well, for a warrior such as yourself, we have many such trinkets that may be of use, the question is 'Can you afford them'? So just how much do you have to spend?"

Gaurlar turns to Pimm, "Well, it seems that your friend is somewhat embarrassed about not knowing that the Verbeeg Narrows is within the Moon Pass. He wishes me to give this to you." With that, Gaurlar hands Pimm 20 Gold. He raises his hand and a large burly human comes over to him. "Gunthar, follow this gentleman to where thay have the deer we just purchased and then take it to the kitchen."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.