1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Duels and Undead

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cugaer is silent while the corpses are burning. After the fire dies down, he tilts his head and muters a few words before walking off the the side of a clearing. He bends down starts looking around on the ground, as if he is searching for something. Suddenly he scoops up a hand full of dirt and walks back to where the ashes are, which have no been cooled down from the holy water.
    Cugaer bends down and plants what is now looks like a young sapling, in the ashes.

"There, now we should really be going. There could be more of these things around. Although I doubt it, it's still possible."

[ September 23, 2003, 10:36: Message edited by: Rotku ]

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanari nods, and straps his backpack as the fires are gone and no danger to the surrounding forest is present. As he starts heading out, he turns briefly and looks upon the others, "Rain shall be coming.. we should move with speed."
    Staring once upon the sky, he continues toward the north.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Seeing Tanari start walking, Cugaer quickily grabs all his belongings and his horses rane, and runs to catch up with the elf.

"Where do you plan to take shelter from this storm? And shouldn't we send someone back to warn the town guard about this undead attack?" Cugaer asks, inbetween deep breaths as he tries to regain his breath.

After a bit of thought Cugaer smiles.

"Maybe we could send our Knight friend and his horse back, for they would be able to catch up to us, if they want to head north with us?"

OoC: I'm going to be away for the next two weeks. I should be able to come on atleast once, to check what has happened and maybe post a post or two. So until then, farewell :wave:

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "Agreed. Someone must warn them. I'll leave the mule with you and only take the horse and the gear I absolutely need. I believe I'll be able to catch up on you."

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"We will head straight north along the path," Tanari says, as he faces Yri and points up the road.
    "We shall wait for your return before we seek shelter for the rain."

He pats Cugaer on the arm with a wolfish grin, "Fear not friend, the wilds is a shield against the environment if you know how to live there."
    Thus spoken, Tanari continues up the road.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ratchett sniffs the air. "Aye...it's a good thing we're movin'. That unholy stench still hangs in the air - an' besides, if anybody was lookin' for us they'll have seen that pyre from miles off." He bundles up his tent as quickly as he can and hurries after Tanari.

7. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn has left the party and is moving towards the city so fast as possible without risking the loss of his horse.

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The town of Verl is still widely at sleep, as it is still a hour or so before sunrise. One of the guards at the north gate tiredly eyes Yrinnyn, before again staring at the west horizon, daydreaming about something or other.

9. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn goes directly to the guard captain, without any delay.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The guardhouse is closed.

11. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn looks for a guard, someone's sure to have rolled the wrong dice and have got these sorry watch hours. He also tries to recall where some mayor or reeve could be found.

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31

There is a guard at the north gate.

Yrinnyn is unable to find the mayor's residence.

(Darn lack of modern flourescent street lamps. And I don't know what the heck a reeve is.)

13. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn goes to that guard to tell him the news and ask to see the captain.

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The guard nods and tells Yrinnyn that the captain is asleep at the moment.

15. chevalier

Media:
    "This is a matter of great importance, and an urgent one, soldier. Your whole city is in danger. I can wait up to an hour, but no more. Foul magic is at work and the dead are being risen as an insult to the living and to the gods."

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The guard gives Yrinnyn a skeptical look.

"Mmm, right. Do you have parchment, ink, and a quill? You could just write something down for me and my 'city'."

17. chevalier

Media:
    "Soldier, if I had made the whole way to leave a piece of parchment for the city, I would have already given it to the first peasant in sight. Now, if you'll be so kind..."

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The guard sighs.

"If you insist it's an emergency, then fine, I'll take you to the constable's home, but this had better be for a good reason."

19. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn taps the soldier on the arm friendly.

"Don't worry of this, soldier. Times are hard, for all of us."

He smiles a little. "Let's go now."

Yrinnyn makes a mental note to speak a word for the soldier to the captain - capable of thinking on his own and of initiative, concerned about the task being done rather than himself being left alone. At the same time he won't jump out of his pants just because some noble wants something from him. This one will be a good soldier in future, officer perhaps. If only there were more.

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The guard leads Yrinnyn to the guardhouse, and raps on the door.

A few minutes later, a female cracks open the door, peering at the guard and the paladin.

"Wh- oh, Myrenzer, it's in the wee hours o' the mornin'. Is this important?"

"Uh, ah, sorry to wake y'up, Missus constable, but this man wants to speak to you. 'Tis all. I be goin' back to m'post now, missus."

The woman squints at Yrinnyn.

"Yes?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.