1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Fish and rain

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yrinnyn:As Yrinnyn approaches the person, he/she makes no gesture toward him. The person might as well be sleeping. It may be the case, being that the rooms were full last night.

Players: No session this week.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... maybe the person isn't sleeping but unconscious then? Yrinnyn comes closer to check if the person is breathing normally and if everything is well.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Yrinnyn hears faint breathing, and the long hair bobs slightly back and forth.

(Of course, Yri can always use a Spot check to determine more about the sleeping (?) person.)

[ August 29, 2003, 16:40: Message edited by: Oaz ]

4. chevalier

Media:
    (Yrinnyn takes Spot and Listen and whatever check applies)

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(Spot check: 13 + 2 = 15)

Yrinnyn sees that the person is a woman, although he cannot see the face or anything else remarkable.

6. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn checks (listens) if she's breathing regularly and asks the bartender if he's noticed anything strange about the woman.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(Listen check: 18 + 2 = 20)

Yrinnyn hears faint breathing.

The innkeeper shrugs and says that the woman over there just bought a drink and sat in the corner.

8. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn is truly worried. Most probably she was washing down some distress with alcohol or was just tired after a journey and took more than she could handle. He asks if anyone here has come with the woman and attempts to check if anything is wrong about her. He also asks the bartender for a glass of water in advance.

[ August 29, 2003, 18:29: Message edited by: chevalier ]

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"A copper fer the water. The woman? Ain't none of my business, and prob'ly noner yers."

10. chevalier

Media:
    "Probably so, but she might need help nonetheless. Thank you for the water"

Yrinnyn no longer remembers of his drink and why he first approached the person. He checks her pulse and prepares the water.

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The woman violent jerks up and looks Yrinnyn in the face angrily.

"What in the hells do you think you're doing?!"

12. chevalier

Media:
    "Madam, you fell asleep at your table and, pardon my bluntness, you did not look in perfect health. I am a healer, sort of. Are you sure you are feeling alright?" says Yrinnyn in a calm and soothing voice, a serious one despite the slight friendly note.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"My health's fine, and I wouldn't give a damn if you were the king of the ocean. Now sail off."

14. chevalier

Media:
    "I'm sure you wouldn't." Yrinnyn smiles. "And I'm glad everything is well. Take care and have a good day." He is obviously not moved at all.

This having been said, Yrinnyn proceeds directly towards the very door of the inn, on his way relieving his almost full mug of all alcoholic burden in one attempt so nonchalantly as though he were removing dust from his fine sleeve, without stopping or looking behind even once.

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Redhead rolls her eyes as Yrinnyn leaves.

"Jackass."

16. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn, sends her a kiss without looking behind and goes on his way.

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanari packs the panpipe, forgetting how civilization is and mutters "City folk.." under breath. He smiles at the remaining friends at the table.
    "So.. is anyone up for some practice fighting? The beach has a wonderful view to it, and it would bring our minds off this wait. Perhaps you, master dwarf, could teach an old elf like me a few tricks?"
    He gives Ratchett a friendly look, and gesturs towards the beach.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ratchett shrugs. "Ah'm no much o' a fighter, but I could sure do wi' the practice." he says, "O'course if yer weapons are needin' any form of repair, I'd be only too happy to help." he sighs and mutters to himself, "been far too long since I did any honest craft.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanari looks curiously at Ratchett, as if caught unaware, "You're a craftsman then? How fascinating. I have to admit I never really had the knowledge of shaping it, although I've tried studying the art of imbueing weapons with magic. Unfortunately I haven't been successful to make the magic stay.. yet. Perhaps I could show you my home one day? We have some of the finest materials known to man, let me show you my blade."

He slowly draws the one and a half hand elfblade from the sheath, and puts it on the table for Ratchett to see. Long and light, the hilt is covered by obsidian snake ornament with a beautiful emerald gem in its fangs making the pommel. The actual blade is shaped somewhat like an extended leaf, with elven runes engraved onto each side of the blade.

"This is Lunaris, forged long ago by an elven weapons master, however his name is lost in legend. As you might have noticed already, it's made from mithral, making it extremely durable, and light as a gush of wind. This one is a sacred blade, meaning it has passed from parent to kin through the generations of a bloodline.."
    He falls silent and stares at the blade, a slight smile forming on his face as he whispers something to the blade in sylvan, sounding like a strange form of elven.

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The innkeeper looks suspiciously at Tanari, then Ratchett.

"Now y'listen here, elf. Yesterday there was a man comin' in here wit' armor 'n' a sword. Then you, with that sword. But I draw th'line here at you taking it outta yer sheath. Put it back, and that's that."

Besides, don't want some damn bandit killin' ya and takin' yer sword 'n' armor."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.