1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Fish and rain

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanari sighs and sheathes the sword, then turns to look at the innkeeper with an indifferent gaze.
    "Would take more than a bandit.. What armed man came in here yesterday however?"

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Eh, I dunno. Just left a few moments ago. Was talkin' wit' some lady last night."

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari puts two and two together, and with a slight "Oh.." he looks enlightened, "Him.. yes I know him. Fine chap it seems. You seem well acquainted with this Narra, how's she like? She asked me and my friends to run an errand for her, or rather her order I believe. Would like to know what sort of person she is.. looking out for the town in times of need I presume?"
    He smiles gently and awaits an answer from the innkeeper.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Eh, t'aint much ter talk 'bout. She be a widow; birthed two kids. One moved t'Gyddin, 'n' th'other was et by some wild beastie. But she don't do much or say much, fer all I know."

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari looks slightly taken aback by the strange pronounciation even worse than Ratchett's, and tries to decipher the local man. Blinking he nods, and murmurs.

"Yes I see.. sad story. Thank you for your time, my good man.

He then turns to Ratchett and clap a hand on the table, smirking at him, "Shall we get to it then? I think we can reach a few hours of practice and a bath before the messenger showing up. Cugaer, if you're willing, feel welcome to join."
    He makes a waving gesture to follow him, and heads for the inn door, then proceeds to the beach with whomever is feeling like a session of practice.

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Waking up from a good nap, Melvin trods down to the table his friends were sitting at before, hoping to catch them and join them for a drink and a good, wholesome meal.

They weren't there however. Rubbing his eyes, he checks round the rest of the tavern. Nope, not there either.

"Oi, Innkeeper! Where'd the longears, dwarf and man go, hmm?" he asks irritably.

Suddenly, he thinks he sees something move outside through the window. Before the Innkeeper even responds, he is there with his face pressed against the glass trying to Spot his friends.

(ooc: Yes, that's a Spot check if it's not too late. I take it Oaz rolls.)

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(Spot check: 5 + 3 = 8)

(Melvin does not see the Yrinnyn or Tanari, although he sees that Ratchett is still inside.)

"Longgears 'n' th'ladies' man jist went outside."

8. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Can you tell me where?" he asks the innkeeper, also looking over to Ratchett, who seems all too busy staring at the table.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The innkeeper shrugs.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31

Melvin walks up to the bar.

"Well, maybe these two silver coins could help you remember? Try hard now, do you remember where they went?" he asks as he toys with two silver pieces.

(ooc: Bluff, not diplomacy)

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(Bluff check: 20 + 8 = 28)

(Gopher, Diplomacy is actually more appropriate in this situation because Melvin is not trying to deceive anyone. Next time something like this occurs, you should use that skill, although it doesn't really matter, both skills being at the same bonus.)

The innkeeper shrugs again.

"I got no idea where they went, 'sides out the door."

12. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Bah, useless men," Melvin grumbles under his breath.

Walking to the door, he briefly nods to Ratchett, who probably didn't notice him anyway, and exits the Inn. Melvin looks round for any trace of his friends.

(ooc: What do I see, I want to get a feel for the area. And I take it it is night?)

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(Actually, it's mid-afternoon.)

The sun is shining brightly over the ocean, and people and pack animals are at work. Some seagulls are picking at scraps and wastes, and Melvin sees a few rats scurry about.

Tanari is not in sight, although Yrinnyn is standing outside the inn.

(Of course, because Chevalier is on vacation for two weeks, Melvin can only interact with Yrinnyn as an NPC.)

14. Errol Gems: 23/31

Noticing the Seagulls high ahead of him, Melvin works out that there must be a beach or body of water in that area. Tanari sounded awfully homesick the day before, so he may have gone that way to look over the sea, Melvin reasoned.

"Good afternoon, my dear Yrinnyn! I am but going to find our longeared friend, back before you know it!"

With that, he set off to find the beach. On his way, he wondered what had happened to the messenger, and wether he or she had arrived whilst he was asleep, or whether he or she had arrived at all. Probably not, knowing fickle druids he thought.

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cugaer, geting sick of the indoors, dicides to take up Taruni's offer.
    He head's outside, and towards the beach. Seeing Melvin just a head of him, Cugaer calls out "Aye, Melvin, wait up!"
    Quickening his pace, Cugaer walks after Malvin towards the beach.

16. Errol Gems: 23/31

Melvin turns round with the shout of his name, "Cugaer! I didn't see you there, have you any idea of where Tanari has gone?"

17. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cugaer laughs one of his laughs before replying.
    "He said he was going down to the beach for some fighing practice. Something like that atleast."
    He started walking off before asking Melvin "How do you and Tanari know each other?"

18. Errol Gems: 23/31

Melvin follows down the path, look up towards Cugaer as he speaks;

"Well, to cut a long tale short; He came into Mesharr when I was but a young lad, I tried stealing that lil' ring of his, he caught me, and we became friends. Once or twice I had to fish him out of trouble, you know, with those city-folk thinking of elves as they do," he adds regrettably, "and so some bond was created 'tween us."

He plants a grin on his face. "I taught him a thing or two about the city, and in turn he taught me a thing or two about law and order," he snickers as he adds; "not at that it did much difference!"

"Laughs aside, he taught me a thing or two about the world. That bedarned magic of his had me fascinated. I want to become a mage meself one day should Mael permit it, and hopefully I will have my friend to help me along the way."

"What of you, Priest of the Wanderer, why are you here with us?" he asks carefully.

19. Rotku

"I'm travelling north to the city of Mesharr to..." Cugaer fades off into silence for a half a minute or so before continuing. "...to, do a favour for a good friend of mine. He's a halfling you know, like you. From Port Arrik. I meet him while training for my Priesthood."

He continued walking in silence for a while, reflecting on his memories of his times in Port Arrik. After a while they came in sight of the beach.

"Ah, halfling, there the beach is. Tanari should be around here somewhere..." And with that Cugaer started looking for the elf.

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari is standing a little up the beach, sword glinting in the sun as he practices some sort of flowing fighting style against an imaginery opponent. The movements of the blade and body seem to merge into some kind of dance, giving it a delicate and elegant nature.
    Making a defensive swing of his blade, followed by a strike at the neck of his thought up enemy, he notices the others and thrust his sword into the sand and welcomes them.
    "Greetings! Ah.. Melvin, I see you returned, feeling better? You seemed a bit agitated earlier."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.