1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Northward

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"One last thing Innkeeper, is there anyone here who you could recommend who knows a lot about the local area, and is willing to share the knowledge, who isn't drunk, and who knows the way to Avenshire and Mersharr?"

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Eh, prob'ly Dharmina. I doubt anyone in this bar; I don't think I've even heard of this Avenshire before."

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"I think," Melvin added from underneath the bar, "that we should go to this Dharmina. If she is a priestess of my Dark Goddess; who is known to be quite generous if She likes one, she may trust us with the information we need to get to Avenshire."

"Also, I should like to make a prayer in the shadow of one of her chosen clerics. Thank Her for leading us to Her and all that."

He thought quietly for a second or two, before adding; "It may well be that you wish to visit that Simonn... enquire about the whereabouts of your clergy in the Temple? And what that dead Priest's spirit is doing?"

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"I agree, we should go and see this Dharmina staight away," Cugaer suggests. "Although, maybe it might just be a good idea for the two of us to go. You been a follower of Mael and then I have a fair knowledge of the different religions. We don't want to over crowd the temple."

Cugaer then turns back towards the inn keeper. "Is this Dharmina going to be easy to find? Can you give us directions or should we hire a guide?" Turning back to Melvin he adds, "And I would like to see this Simmon, but only if we have time. I don't plan on staying here long."

5. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Very well. We shall go to Dharmina, right away," he says as he looks up at the Innkeeper, awaiting an answer, "I should like to see her. If Tanari was here he may like to as well, follower of Mael he is."

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Having wandered around the town just to look around, he heads for the inn and sees the others still inside. He enters and waves at them as he walks over to them.

"Hey there! Looks like a cozy little place here, good thing we shouldn't have to walk too much further. So what's new?"

He looks at Cugaer, then at Melvin.

7. Errol Gems: 23/31

Melvin turns to his friend, "Looks like we've found something of interest, elf. The innkeeper here says there be a lady of the name Dharmina in the large mansion in the village. She's a priestess of Mael, by word, and it may be that she has information on how to get to Avenshire."

He nods at the Priest at his side.
    "Me and Cugaer have decided to go and talk to her, we thought you may want to come along?"

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari looks pleased at the news.
    "Sure. It's been long since I've met a priestess of the Goddess.. too long. Will please my heart to meet one."
    he smiles and sits down on a chair near them, awaiting Cugaer and the Innkeeper to finish.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Urm, I think I can step out for a second and point out Dharmina's house for you. It isn't very far from here. Also, Dharmina used to talk with Simmon's dad - the man died a month ago, bless his heart; they were both clerics. I'm sure she can tell you where Simmon lives, and more about the temple. By the way, do you also want to stay here for the night?"

10. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Well, that seems good to me!"

"Or.. what say you, friends? It would be far safer than outside with Worgs running left and right, besides, we could all use some comfort for a night, no?" asks the ever-lazy, ever-persuasive Melvin.

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"After today a dry bed and warm room would be a blessing. I'll gladly stay for the night."
    Tanari rises and pushes chair back under the table, then turns to the companions.
    "Shall we be off to meet this Dharmina then?"
    He looks questioningly at the others.

12. Errol Gems: 23/31

"A sound idea to my ears, let us be off immediately, before it becomes too dark."

Me nods towards the innkeeper, and starts towards the door.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The innkeeper steps out with the party, and points to a house, one that looks no different from all the other rough brick homes, apparently the priestess'.

14. Rotku

Cugaer says his thanks to the inn keeper before heading off down the street, towards Dharmina's house.
    Reaching it he steps up to the door and knocks twice on it.

((OoC: Oaz, do I have to take a knowledge roll to see how much I know about Mael?))

15. Errol Gems: 23/31

"This.. this is the house? Oh, sorry, I must have told you the wrong one!" Melvin says absent-mindedly.

"Well, I guess we should go and see her then. Let us go."

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(Rotku: Knowledge checks are generally for more specific questions; since Cugaer is a cleric (and knows more than a bit about religion), he knows just about everything about Mael stated in the Karyst deities section.)

After about half a minute, a plain-looking man with dark hair, wearing bedtime garments, opens the door, and looks and Cugaer and Melvin warily.

"Hmm?"

[ October 21, 2003, 22:05: Message edited by: Oaz ]

17. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Ah, greetings. Sorry to have to disturb you, but we've just arrived in town and I was wondering if you could help us?" Melvin asks politely.

"We are looking for a lady called Dharmina, a Priestess of Mael. I am but a humble follower of the Dark Goddess, these are my companions, and we but seek a little guidance."

He motions to the Innkeeper back towards the Inn. "We were informed she lived here?"

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Ah, travelers or adventurers of the sort. Well, my wife went to bed after sunset - she has to get up at midnight for her prayers and such - but, do, come inside if you wish."

19. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Ah, thank you my dear man." Melvin nods as he looks up at the man. He turns and looks up at his companions, before stepping through after the man.

When inside, Melvin looks around the house from the door. "Thanks for your hospitality, we shall not be long, for we have rooms reserved at the Inn."

"Is there anything you could tell us about the ruined Temple of Brenal nearby, or would it be better to wait for your wife? We are also in need of directions to Avenshire, we were told she may know where it is?" he asks hopefully.

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The house is lit with a few candles, and it doesn't look too different from any other home one would expect. Dharmina's husband pours some lukewarm tea for Melvin and Cugaer, and begins talking in a bit of a slow, scholary tone.

"I know a bit about the temple of Brenal - well, the former temple, anyways. It used to be an orphanage; Simmon's grandfather - the man who ran it, was a priest of Brenal. He traveled the gamut of Tyrot, everywhere from Mesharr to the southern mountains, and he found a lotta abandoned children - kids who just weren't wanted, y'know? Anyways, the priest - I forget his name - he died years ago, not before forty years of age. The temple, it got inherited by the priest's son, Simeon. Now Simeon died a month ago, and now Simmon, the son of the son of the priest who ran the temple, technically owns it.

"But about the temple itself - it fell into disrepair practically after the priest died, ah the older one. Just didn't have the money to keep it running. We had each family raise the orphans, but sometimes, well, it just didn't work out well.

"Some rumors say that the temple's, well, haunted by the priest's ghost or summat. Couldn't find and avenge his killer, there was one, anyways, maybe. But now 'cause Simmon's got rights to it, I dunno what he'll wanna do with it, though.

"Now about Avenshire, I've never been there, so I can't give directions, but Dharmina went there once. All I know is that it's to the north and west, though. A nice place, I hear.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.