1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Wagon(s) Roll!

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus accepts the healing spell offered by Xander and then proceeds to ask him a question concerning the part he played in the battle...

Ooc: Erran, I'm back up to full health from 3hp to 6hp right?

Majikus then turns his attention back to the elf and the dead dwarf and then replied,

"Yeah i guess you could take some of his stuff...i mean, it looks bloody unlikey anyone would want to raise him except for me and i have no where near enough money to raise him."

When asked why he would want to raise the dwarf Majikus replies,

"He was my cell mate and he helped me through some bad times and he tried to help save me but was cut down by a Hobgoblin...and i would at least want to see him be buried properly if not raised..."

*Silence for a minute when a thought suddenly dawned on Majikus*

"Hey, i'll let you have all of his stuff for one very small favour...okay this is how it goes...okay, after the battle, there was a small silver amulet found near where Barent was slain...This amulet is a lead onto who was the buyer of the gem and he is also the one that was the main cause behinf My friends death. So after all this mess is cleared up, could you make sure that i get that amulet as a sought of memory of the dwarf and the battle in which he was slain?"

Majikus then looks at the elf for a response...

"Oh and what also be's yur name? Mines Majikus"

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas looked at Bayle in the Hobgobin's armour and Rolled On The Floor Laughing.
    "That hobgobin was 6ft 6" and you are what 5ft 5"? You look ridiculous!" When he heard Majikus was about to give Barent's gear away to a complete stranger he objected strongly.
    "That's not your call Majikus, thats a group decision. I say we sell it to raise some funds!"

Just then Sergeant Lewes arrived with the patrol. "If you gentlemen would like to follow me, there's someone who would like to thank you." When he saw a full drow in the Inn his face went white. "Arrest that creature!" The drow was apprehended and taken away. He lead off back to the courthouse. Thomas followed him: "Anyone else comming?"

OoC1 To jump in, easy.
    1) send me your character in .cg3 fomat, 32pt buy, 120gp of gear.
    2) Roleplay your way into the story. Try and be creative. Avoid the 'meeting in an Inn' cliche if you can.

OoC2 Rangers can't pick human as racial enemy in FR, its too broad. You can pick eg 'Zhentarim' or 'Dragon Cultist' You will get a bluff bonus and +1 damage on hits.

NB I have had no character sheet for any drow. I will treat him as an NPC until I do.
    Drow in Silverymoon are about as welcome as Paladins in the Underdark.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited August 03, 2001).]

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob looked at Sergeant Lewes, and then to Xalen. "I agree with everything you've said so far, " he whispers," this is distinctly fishy, and I imagine living witnesses would be none too popular. On the other hand, this could well be the only way we could get to the bottom of this conspiracy. What say you?...Hmmm, I'd probably be as well not to go anyway, seeing as I refused in the first place."

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Agreed, Jakob, and besides, this may very well be the only chance I have to have a conversation with the Sargent. I need to tell him what I remember about our Drow assailant if we have any hope at all of finding this fiend. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't tell you yet, did I. Jakob, this might very well be the missing piece of the puzzle we've been looking for. Now, out discription of the Drow earlier was rather...*plain*. But I just remembered that the dark elf had some sort of silver hand. Now how many Drow can bost, or perhaps try to conceal such an obvious feature. Now I may be able to have my revenge on this dispicable elf who almost cost me my life."

Xalen follows behind Thomas and Jakob as he watches the Drow hauled off by the guards. "Stupid one, isn't he," Xalen mutters to Thomas as he walks down the road. "A dark elf showing his face in broad daylight, serves him right for his boldness. By the way, I've remembered something about our dark elf fiend from earlier today. Do you know of anyone aroud town familiar enough with Drow lore to recognize such a striking feature as a silver hand, perchance?"

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited August 03, 2001).]

5. herf Guest

The ranger, seeing the group walk out of the inn follows and amkes ocnversation withe young mage, "Well good sir my name is Bayne, nice to meet you. I overheard your friends remark about it not being your choice, how about you put it to the group that i give 25gp for all the equipment, after it is all second hand and you wouldnt get a better price for it and i am in dire need of equipment. Oh and about that locket, i shall do whatever it takes short of murder, good sir."
    Embraced in idle curiosity the ranger follows the the group to see what is happening and hopeing that he can become in the downfall of the leader of the hobgoblins...

6. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"Drow craftsmen are especially fond of adamantite... Silver? I wonder why a drow would like silver....", Knomal paused, "Have you ever considered that the man might not be drow at all? We've managed to make deKrynn out of Majikus..."

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Lewes led them to an inner room where the Mage Eliphas was waiting.
    "Even though you were unable to capture the 'buyer' the City of Silverymoon is grateful for your efforts. Knowing that the drow are involved - is worse than we had feared. We would not have exposed you to such danger had we known. The locket that the patrol found marks him as a worshiper of Kiaransalee, not Lolth: that is unusual. Can you remember anything else unusual about him?"

8. herf Guest

Seeing the members of the group all file into the courthouse with the military officer Bayne decides to retarct his offer to buy the dead dwarves equipment and instead head into the shop call Optyms Blade. During his few moments in the shop he bought 12 gold pieves worth of equipment. when he emerged from the shop he now carried a shiled and his ockets positively bulged with food.
    Returning to the courthouse he walked into the room houseing the group and the city milita, hopeing to but in the conversation and join whatever escapade was going on. He heard the officer ask what if the party could remember anything unusual abut the drow.
    "Why good sir i know something of the drow you spoke of, he had a peculiar silver hand which he used to cast great magicks. Him and his band of merry Hobgblins accosted me in the forest and i spent a few days traveling wiht them as their un-paid lackey. After afore mentioned days they proceeded to strip me of my posessions and i had to backtrack to gather my armour and weapons. I spent few days in close procinity to this drow and his mercenarys, any questions you have i will gladly answer."
    With this the elf bows and listens for questions...

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus stands listening to everything intently...

"well i saw him the close up and well i'd say this, he was defintly a drow due to the ebony skin and white hair...he also had a silver hand, is profiecent with the bow, male, can cast spells...Thats all that i can think of...i know that its not much help but i'm doing my best...he also talks in a cold manner..."

Majikus then falls silent...

10. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Knomal chuckled at the mage's words:
    "Heh... There's nothing that makes him a drow but the color of his skin. He's not a servant of Lloth. He's proficient with bows? Oh, well what use has the bow in the tight caves of the Underdark? Drow, and they know something of warfare, favor hand crossbows. This, with quarrels, poisoned in the most vicious ways... Silver hand? Not very drow-like, from what I know. A drow needing the gem? Why?"

He took a bite of his roast and continued, chewing:

"From what I have heard, this one was tryin' to look like a dark elf to scare the spirit outta' you. I might be wrong o'course..."

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen smirked at Knomal, eating roast as he was in front of obviously important people, and in a courthouse no less. Xalen steps forward from this babbeling mob and speaks.

"Well I say he WAS a Drow. He clearly had the features of one, and contrary to what the mage here remembers, I say he was using a hand crossbow. Now the silver hand is strange to be sure, however we should look on this as good fortune if anything. Such a thing will surely be a rarity among their race. Perhaps this is the break we need to lead us to him. And you ask what a Drow would want with a Kirra? With such great ancient Elven knowledge from Myth Drannor, what Drow would want such a gem."

Xalen turns from arguing with Majikus and Knomal and speaks directly to Eliphas. "Wise sir, surely someone in this city would be familiar enough with the Drow as to know the identity of such a rarity among their kind. I care little for the Drow, inparticular this one that could well have cost me my life, so I would like to see him hunted down. I will help however I may."

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

[​IMG] "On the other hand," said Jakob, "this gentleman may well have been disguised as a drow to conceal his identity and motives. I find it odd that a Drow would make such a prolonged stay topside, and this buying of military secrets is not like any hunting trip I've heard of. What puzzles me is how deKrynn got the gem in the first place, and where Delver and Oliver fit in all this. I think that given our central role in this we ought to be told all the city knows in relation to this case. After all, were it not for our efforts at the warehouse Er-Cam would have that gem right now."
    OOC: can I take a diplomacy check to talk them into revealing more information if they know?

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Xalen, you said that the drow had a silver hand, yes? It sounds like a surfacer to me then. I mean, why else would a drow have a silver hand and not an adamantite one?" Garacaius mutters a little and continues, "As for the religion I wouldn't know, but since the jewel was the "payment" I wonder what use it has, and to who."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 04, 2001).]

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

Eliphas spoke gravely: "A silver hand you say? Why of course! Er-cam: One Hand! There is a tale of a drow who lost his left hand in a battle with a Paladin. He had it replaced by a cunning metal version by a gnome, who met an untimely end somewhere down Amphail way.
    This 'Er-Cam' will be mad as all 9 hells when he finds out you gave him a fake Kiira. Serves him right as the hobgoblins and summoned rat were probably meant to eliminate you.
    Methinks this is all much too dangerous for you. Now, this is not an order, just some friendly advice: For your own safety I would leave Silverymoon until all this blows over. I have been authorised to tell you that the wagon and horses are yours in lieu of payment for services rendered. The wagon has been re-painted plain green.
    One more bit of advice, head west, north or east, but not south on the Everlund road."

OoC: Jakob's Diplomacy check succeded.
    Bonus xps: 50 to Majikus for his drag act,
    50 to Xalen for remembering the vital clue.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited August 04, 2001).]

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"But where would we go? I mean, i'm a local here and i know not what lies outside here much...and how powerful is this 'Er-cam'?"

Majikus thinks for a moment...

"But if you ever require my services, i would be willing to help! After all, that thing killed and stole my mothers silver pendent and i would want to see it returned to me when all this is settled...But i shall willingly offer my services to you people should you require a necromancer"

Majikus then steps back and listens...

16. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen walks away from the mage for a momnet, trying to let all this sink in. Now a man on the run, possibly hunted by drow, he feels more alone than ever. Xalen looks down and closes his eyes, wondering how exactly he got into all this. He sighs and walks back to the group. "Well, what now exactly. Are we to flee, or are we to stay. If I may make one suggestion at least. Before we decide on any course of action, we really should prepare for whatever this might bring. We need to find out anything we can on this Drow. We must be ready for anything if he finds out our true identity."

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius approaches Eliphas "Excuse me sir, but I have heard talks of a payment in gold to those involved in this mission. Not to sound greedy, but the gold could turn out vital on our future journey."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 04, 2001).]

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob approaches Xalen, then steps with him out of the door. "Can't you see what the nobility of this city are doing? First they send us to fight with this Er-Cam, then they tell us to run away? They want to get rid of us Xalen, we're troublesome, we know too much. Well they're not going to do it! We're going to get to the bottom of this, then we'll shake them up real good. We're going to show these decadent, complacent, petit bourgeouise that the working gnome, er man, er thinking being - deserves respect!"

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, Garacius isn't it? The wagon and team IS your payment. Sell them for gold or use them to leave Silverymoon, the choice is yours."
    Eliphas replied.

20. herf Guest

Bayne the elf speaks up to the group,
    "People, before you decide on a course of action, would it be out of place for me to ask to journey with you? I get the feeling that you are goign to be having further...encounters with the "Drow" that captured me and stole my belongings and i would welcome the chance to...repay...the
    "favours" that he done to me. I am knowledgeable in the ways of the wild and wilderness, i can be of some use with both a bow and sword, would i be welcome into your group?"
    With his little speech over the elf looks around expectantly at the rag-tag band in the room.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.