1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Roleplay Corner

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, May 28, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas quickly searched the man's pockets to see if there was anything there to identify him. All he found was what seemed to be a receipt for 100gp from 'Oliver's Objects of Antiquity', with an address in Crooked Lane.

OoC The character sheet helps in two ways.
    a) it helps you to get used to 3E, which is what NWN will be using.
    b) it will be needed if/when we get into combat.
    You can download a character generator for free (10Mb) from WotC site www.wizards.com

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen slowly walks down the almost deserted street, as the rain, now only a slight drizzle, splashes down on his red cloak. Tired and downtrodden, he thinks back to fonder times: memories of his grandfather who had just passed away only days before. Just then, as he was passing an alleyway, something grabbed his attention and drew his mind away from his thoughts and down the darkened corridor. As the sounds of running echoed off the cobestone streets, a woman moving with an obviously important purpouse darted from the alleyway and slipped of almost as quickly into the night down the street. Though weary and in no mood for excitement, he stares down the alleyway and back at the quickly fading female form hurrying off into the distance. Deciding he couldn't catch her now if he wanted to, he decides to investigate down the alley. He slowly walks down the darkened corridor, holding the hilt of his sword tightly under his cloak.
    Shortly, he makes his way to an open door on the side of a building. Curious, he steps inside. Hearing an obvious comotion inside, he cautiously peers around the corner at the end of the hall. It apears to be an inn or bar of some sort, and several people are standing around a body sprawled on the floor. As the people are obviously paying little attention to him, he lowers his sword back into his scabard, pulls back his hood, and steps into the room, surverying the sceen. He moves around the hub of people and walks to the bar. Grabing the bartender's attention, he asks in a low vioce, "What just happened here? I wouldn't suppose this had anything to do with a red haired woman by chance, would it?" Xalen can see he has hit on something by the sudden light in the bartneder's eyes.....

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited June 12, 2001).]

3. Swanic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG]
    With a heavy sigh, Swanic gazes deep into his empty tankard of ale. A second and closer inspection reveals the same, and ends in yet another deep long sigh. Looking about at the sudden madness, he knows that the fine looking servingwench is far too busy to deliver him more of a life affirming liquor.

"Oghma's bones" Rang out from the next table, "I believe this man may have been poisoned! Does anyone here have knowledge of these things?"

Looking up at this new outburst, Swanic notices a familar face, that of one he had met many moons ago. His mind searches for a name through the blissful intoxicants and in a shocking moment of psuedo-sobriety, he shoots up from his chair to exclaim "Aha! Thomassh. Thomassh is your name!" pointing to the bard as the memories began flooding back. "It hassh been shome time, hassh it not." as he stumbles forward. "now what have you gotten yershelf mixched up in?"

Reaching out to take the suspected tankard from Thomas, :) the slurring Swanic sways slightly, slowly sniffing something seemingly similar to the toxic Sassone Leaf that grows wild where he once did live.

"Yup. thish onesh been poishoned alright." motioning to the downed man. "There ish the schent of Shasshone Leaf Reshidue on thish tankard. That leaf is particularlarly nashty, paralishes the lungsh, making short work of any who ingesht it. It takesh a highly schkilled Alchmeshist to processh thish leaf." as he places the tankard back to the table.

"Is this type of thing common 'round thish city?" Swanic asks, to the growing crowd of assorted adventurers.

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

(As bartender): "Seems like that man lying there 'as been poisoned. Nothing like that has ever happened in the 'Bright Blade' before. There was a red haired woman drinking with him a few minutes ago. I don't suppose you saw which way she went?
    What'll people think? I'd pay a hansome reward to anyone who could prove it has nothing at all to do with my Inn!"

(As Thomas): "Swanic, can it be you? I hardly recognised you. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the poison. But who? And why?". He showed the token and the note.
    "To answer your question, I haven't been in Silverymoon long, it has a reputation as a centre of knowledge, law and order. It seems that evil is everywhere in the Realms.
    Did someone else have a question?"

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31

"Well...yes actually. You see, I was walking down the street behind your establishment, minding my own bussiness of course, and a woman burst from the alleyway over there....blew right past me she did and headed off down the street. Looked like she was headed towards the center of town. Now, I could have stopped her, of course....but I thought it might be best to see what was going on first. You understand of course."

Xalen smiles slightly and thanks the man for his help. Telling the bartender to pour a mug of ale, he slaps a few copper pieces on the bar and walks over to get a better view of the commotion around the fallen man. Kneeling down, he glances for a moment at the bard before searching the man for some clues perhaps, or at least a few gold coins for his troubles. Finding little other than a few trinkets and no form of identification, Xalen was about to give up until he happened upon a sealed letter in the man's inner vest pocket. Looking it over, it apears to be written on rather high quality parchment and sealed with red wax. An emblem of some sort was used to stamp the wax, but try as he may, Xalen is unfamiliar with the seal's design.

"Here now...one of you locals. Is any one of you familiar with such a seal? How about you, Bard? Have you seen anything like this in your travels?"

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

The seal showed the same 8 shaped snake that was on the token. The letter was addressed to a 'Phineus Martok' of Waterdeep. Opening it, Thomas scanned the contents quickly. It said:
    "Sir, I know you to be an art collector of some discretion, as you may recall we have done business in the past. Certain fine objects of ancient elven origin have recently come into my possesion. If you are interested in acquiring them at a good price get in touch with me via our usual contact. She will be in Waterdeep in a Tenday.
    Your servant
    Tadman Delver."

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The gnome downs his turnip vodka and reels a bit, evidently unused to the kick, and joins the crowd which has gathered around the poisoned man.

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31

"Well, this whole bussiness is rather shrouded in secracy, isn't it"

Xalen slowly strokes his goatie as he ponders the situation. This seemed like a situation best handled by someone else. However, this whole situation was intriguing, and perhaps there was something to be gained out of all this. After considering his options for a few minutes, Xalen speaks up.

"Well, I'm sure we could just let the Knights in Silver deal with all of this mess. But *in a low voice* seems the bartender doesn't want this made any more public than needs to be. Now this seems like a rather *nice* establishment...perhaps if anyone among us is interested in looking into these matters a little first, well, I'm sure we might be saving this man a lot of hassle at the least. Anyone have any ideas as to how to best deal with all of this?"

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

"You're right, Xalen. The trouble with the authorities is they seldom look further than the obvious. This unfortunate fellow seems to have been involved in the sale of ancient objects. Crooked Lane is only a few streets north of here, maybe you could find a clue there?"

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen stands and offers his assistance in helping the young bard to his feet.

"I'm always willing to help out. This seems rather interesting, and I have a little knowledge of the ancient magic and relics, which ancient elven artifacts could very well be. I'd be more than happy to see what I can find out in this matter."

Xalen ponders what might be in all of this for him. The idea of looking into this mystery intrigues him, but he has little knowledge of this town, and he did only plan a short visit. Perhaps some assistance in the matter would benefit him.

"I shall seek out this shop, though I've never been in this town before. Perhaps someone would be willing to help look into these matters. Surely someone would be willing to help the *upstanding* people who own this *quaint* little tavern?"

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited June 29, 2001).]

11. ayecapitan Guest

A man quielty enters the inn and takes a place near the barkeep. His manners are the ones of a shadow: despite of his bright yellow cloak and a wide-brimmed hat with a grang peacock feather(somewhat very dry for a drizzling rain ouside), nobody seems to take a note of the man. At his side, as quiet as the master, walks a dog, which settles under the man's seat. The man closes to the barkeep and takes off the hat, adressing to the barkeeper:

-Good day, melord, Knomal's my name, might I have a gla.. a fine mug of ale?

A dagger is clipped to each of Knomal's leather braces. Both wepons are shiny, like they've never been tested in battle. He takes the beer and follows to his seat. The gathering of people in the center of a bar makes him wonder of the reason, but forces himslef not to take notice and takes a sip of the fine drink. The taste of a spirit, so disliked by Knomal for the intoxication effect that dullens his senses makes him stop the meal and walk to the crowd...

"I'd be more than happy to see what I can find out in this matter." hears he the man beside him say. Knomal approaches him,
    "Greetings, name's Knomal, you seem interested in what's happening around, so, might you be able to enlighten me?"

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen turns to his side and takes a moment to eye this outspoken fellow over. Odd, perhaps, is the least that could be said about him. Though odd people, it has always seemed to him, always have some reason why they can be so: either a strong sword or a nasty spell hidden somewhere. Besides, he thought to himself as he stroked his goatie, pondering the site before him, anyone willing to take a risk is usually welcome company.

"Well, I can tell you what I know at least. That might be of some use to you. I was walking down the backstreet there when a red haired woman blew past me and ran off into the night. Inquisitive as I am, I decided to investigate what might be, and my search took me to this group of people standing before you. You see, it apears this unfortunate fellow has been poisoned. Unfortunately, I have no idea by whom, but it seems he's been contacted about buying some, well lets just call them legitimate for now at least, ancient elven artifacts in Waterdeep sometime soon. The patrons, well particuarly this inebriated fellow here, seem to believe a skilled alchimest concocted the poison at hand. I've decided to at least look into the matter to save this *lovely* tavern the hassle of these matters. This bard, Thomas I believe is his name, has suggested we look at Crooked Lane, which is only a few streets down for a clue perhaps. Now, as I have little knowledge of this town, I'd be more than happy to travel with anyone that thinks they might be of help. You look, well capable, to say the least. What say you?"

13. ayecapitan Guest

"Oh, why, yes. One might find some use for my skills where um... investigation, so to say, is concerned..."

Knomal takes a note of his own outfit and chuckles. He takes out the pin of his cloak, revealing the truth behing the item - a razor-sharp dart, takes off the cloak and turns it over. In mere two seconds, his cloak no longer sports a bright yellow color, but is black, as if intended to hide the owner in the shades of night.

"Poison, you say... Not an uncommon way to make one out of one's plans... 'Twould be an indeed fine way to start with the inquiry to thieves. Believe me, not any priest of Deneir would say more than a common thief, for a price, of course. We might find a clue around the docks, 'tis where rogues find a fortune, 'tleast I would. How'd you like the idea.. Xalen, right?"

14. Grog Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A large brutish half-orc kicks the bar door open. His hair is matted and soaked and he wears no cloak to protect himself from the elements. He yells obnoxiously to the barkeep "Ho there! The heat of battle has parched me throat! Give me some Fireberry ale to quench my thirst lest I find blood to quench it instead!". Just then the creature notices the gazes that have fallen on him and the man leaning over the table. "Whoa, looks like that humie been nippin' into some good stuff-BARKEEP! Give me what he's been drinkin' instead!"

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31

"Well then, it seems you and I should get to know each other a little, Knomal, while we see what we can find out about this death. Seems you have a better knowledge about some of the matters at hand than I. Perhaps we should head to Crooked Lane tonight and see what we can see. If we find anything interesting, we can always meet back here and possibly find some help, if we need any that is."

Xalen tosses his red hood over his head, checks his swords and equipment one last time to make sure everything is proper, and wraps his cloak about him as he heads for the door. Thinking for a second and stopping, Xalen calls over his shoulder, "Thomas, you seem to have a decent amount of knowledge about this town. Perhaps it would be best for you to come along. A good mind and a strong sword are always handy in times like these."

16. ayecapitan Guest

"Heh, I've come here for food, I did..."

He calls for a serving lass "Good lady, might you bring me the finest roast your cooks serve? And, yes, a pint of water, I reaaly do need it..." In a blink of an eye, he put a shiny Calimportian gold coin into the wench's hand: "'Tis a tribute for your kindness, though it's shine does not measure to your beauty, my lady..."

After the meal, Knomal thanked the barkeep and headed to the exit, humming a song:
    If ye cut off gibberling's hands
    If ye also cut off its feet
    He will soon meet his very own ends
    For he would not be able to sit...

"Time to visit the dark side of this fine city..."

17. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In walks a shaded figure clad in a full hooded robe, all that is noticeable of him is his slightly blueish hands, the only part of him visible.
    He sits down at the bar and asks for some ale by pointing his finger from the barkeep.
    upon finishing his ale he rents a room from the barkeep and proceeds up the stairs without uttering a single word.

a couple hours pass and the hooded figure emerges from the stairs, and sits down at the closest table he can find open.
    once there he puts his hand out palm up waves his other over it and a small lizard very much like a minature dragon appears in his hand. He pets it lightly and sets it on the table.

18. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Very well, I'll be happy to show you the way, follow me." Thomas put up the hood of his cloak and stepped out into the fine drizzle that was falling on the streets of Silverymoon.

OoC Continued under the thread 'Crooked Lane.' Anyone following Thomas please post there. Otherwise you are assumed to be in the 'Bright Blade Brandished'

19. ayecapitan Guest

Knomal found his way out of the inn; he was not surprised to find that the yellow dog was already outside, getting wet in the rain.

The rogue put his fancy hat on, in hope that it would to the least protect him from the water pouring from the skies. He gave the dog a curious look: "What do you think, my friend?"

A hooded figure entered the inn, followed by several Knights of Silver is a score of minutes. Knomal, hidden in the evening shades, opened his sack and withdrew a yellow tunic from it.

"Tonight, we shall become a Waterdhavian merchant... I said we, so try to behave like a rich man's mutt. I am sorry, but we are here for a cause, do not argue..."

After he applied the new disguise, Knomal quickly recalled the latest events. He remembered a man calling the poison 'Shasshone Leaf'. Knomal knew not, if the semi-sober man was correct, but the name sounded right. Poishonish enough, the rouge thought. Knomal thought of the people headed to the Crooked Lane and decided to find his way with them for now. Finally, he saw an image of the Knights and a hooded figure... Something seemed strange about the hooded one.

"By Mask's dagger, did I just see a dark elf?" there was a touch of excitement in his voice. "Things happen, or I've had a little too much of that ale... Let us go, Paalm, to the Crooked Lane"

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited July 02, 2001).]

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The hooded figure watches as the men head for the exit of the tavern and over hears one mention a dark elf. He then realizes that he had forgotten to cast a shapeshift spell to hide his true form from those less approving of his lineage. He does not blame himself for he hadn't been back to a town in a long time.
    once the men reach the door the hooded figure rises up and heads for a back room where he quickly changes his form and dispells his little friend before returning to the front room (minus a robe) he announces himself as Xander and asks the men if he may join them in their journey.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.