1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Roleplay Corner

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, May 28, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius walks down the street, shaking the rain off his dark black cloak once in a while, trying to find a suitable inn "This weather will likely continue for a long time yet" he thought.
    He passes the little group of people just leaving The Bright Blade Brandished and says lowly to himself "This is it, the one the beggers have been talking about, The Bright Blade Brandished."
    Garacaius enters and look suspicously around the inn, notice the fuss about someone laying on the floor, but decides to get something to drink first. He puts down the hood, shakes his silvery hair and walks toward the barkeep. "Barkeep, your best ale please." The barkeep hands him the ale without a word. Garacaius sits down at the nearest table and lay his crossbow across it, sip his ale and listen with his keen elven ears to the situation about the man on the floor.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 03, 2001).]

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Silver clad Knight who was leading the watchmen asked all in the bar what they had seen, which in most cases hadn't been much. He interviewed the barkeep at length and insisted on taking a sample of the ale away 'for alchemicical analysis'. Then he ordered the removal of the body and left orders that if anyone had any further information about the demise of the man, they were to report it to the west barracks, asking for Sir Hursus. Bidding the blessings of the Lady on everyone he, and the watch, left.
    It was noticable that several of the patrons left early, and those that stayed chose wine rather than ale.

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The gnome with the red rag badge waited carefully until the knight left and then loudly began to rant to anyone who would listen "Who tipped off the authorities anyway? Typical of the blasted establishment to go sticking its nose into everything, putting honest adventurers out of work. They're probably in league with the elves as well, elves seem to be right at the heart of this little mess. Mark my words, within a few days this whole place'll be choked in red tape and we'll all be taken as suspects - it's the way The Man runs the system, and we've got to fight it however we can!" Sensing a number of hostile stares he gets the impression that his incoherent outburst may lead some to suspect his involvement, and continues rather timidly. "ummmm...of course, it's our duty ... to ...errr.. solve this case ourselves, as the corrupt bureaucrats are tying things up... maybe... we check the stables and coach houses for anyone going to or from Waterdeep...of course, I'd need someone who knows the town to help me out on this one..." he looks around expectantly.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius can't avoid hearing the Gnome, who's talk is bigger than himself. Part in jest and part of wishfull thinking, Garacaius takes his crossbow and aim at Ironbeard as he whispers "pow!"
    Garacaius then rises and walks toward the Gnome, "Despite your mindless insults short one, I would like you to tell me what has occured here. Who is he?" and points at the obviously dead man

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 04, 2001).]

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

The gnome starts to fiddle nervously with the dagger tucked into his belt. He stammers "I-I-I don't know, me- me mum told me no to trust elves," and then slips into elven, "I'm sorry sir," he says, "I mean no disrespect. I am litle more than a boy in gnome terms, and can get a little hotheaded when the drink's flowing...the man...he's been poisoned as far as I've heard. He's had business dealings to do with elven artifacts in - in Waterdeep, an' there's a party gone down to Crooked Lane to look for leads...that's all I know. Gah, I know you elves and your manners, you must think me terribly rude. My name's Jakob Wizcrowitz, and I'm very sorry for any offence I may have caused." Jakob looks fearfully at the elf and mutters under his breath in gnomish "That had better placate him, have to be polite to the oppressor, he's bigger than you, he gets to push little gnomes around..."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 05, 2001).]

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Garacaius smiles, look satisfied and reply friendly in elven "I accept your apology, and for being rude, well, I assume it's the way of Gnomes, I'm Garacaius Moonshade." he then slips into the Gnome tongue with a more serious voice "I might be bigger, but I am not an oppressor! But.... enough of prejudice, that will only lead to more rivalry, and I tire of it."
    Garacaius then orders another ale and continue "Well, I have no other plans at the moment, so joining you in this examination of events will suit me just fine. So, what do you suggest we do, wait for the party to return or go look some other place? I don't know this city, so any advise would be appreciated..."

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 05, 2001).]

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob looks nervous, and struggles on in elven "I-I had no idea you, of couse, of course, elves are good with languages. I'm new here too, so we have to find help from someone else who knows the city. While we wait, let me buy you an ale by way of apology." He goes over to the bar and returns with two tankards of ale.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 05, 2001).]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Well then, a toast to the future, whatever it might contain." Garacaius raises the tankard in a friendly gesture "Cheers"

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Retuning from what ended up being only slightly profitable, Xander begins examining the dagger only to realize itsnot quite as valuable as he thought, but maybe more useful to him considering it provides him with a means to polymorph and not need a scroll to do it, the downside turns out it must recharge for an hour or more to recharge its 3 charges. Hearing an argument inside Xander decides to use the first charge and change into a much stronger, imposing looking human, and enters the tavern.
    Xander begins seeking what may turn into a profitable adventure.
    announcing himself Xander yells, "I have come seeking adventure",and a little jokingly (but most serious to him), "and maybe a little capital to go with it"

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] The dagger explodes on Xander's person and he loses 3HP. Nothing but ashes remain of the artefact.

OoC: In NWN, just like PnP, the DM tells you whether you succeed in what you attempt and what your reward is.

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob heard the explosion and looked up towards Xander. "Sir," he exclaimed, "Am I correct in assuming that you are one of the party who went to Crooked Lane. What have you found, and are the rest coming back soon? My friend and I are intending to help investigate this case as well, but need help form someone who knows the city. Hopefully it cuts right to the core of the complacent, elitist, bourgeouise antiques world!"

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 07, 2001).]

12. ayecapitan Guest

The inn door opened silently and the yellow dog entered the building, followed by two people. Those were the party that returned from the Crooked Lane. They settled at a free table, while people started to gather around.

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

OoC: Getting kinda long so I'll move the action in the 'Bright Blade' to a new thread- The Wanderers Return. Please continue to post there now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.