1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Roleplaying, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by deepfae, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Does anyone do plain writing rp`s in here? The kind not based on d&d rules and such? If so I would like to join in if its no problem (and no god-moders in it).

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

There are a few around. Take a read through this forum and see if anything catches your eye.

On a slightly different note, is anyone interested in setting up a regular (weekly?) IRC RP? Freeform, DnD, what ever.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Rotku, you are always welcome back to Rasheman which got the RP Corner going again and though at times seemingly to be near death keeps going.

I would be interested in a military RP similar to the one Lantus started but vanished into the Plane of Lost RPs.

4. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I just had no time for RP and still have a half written post for my monk in Dragons of Heaven and Earth lol...but I'm back now, and I've joined the zombie one, and would like a more rules based one so that I could learn a bit about it, but again time is a factor (I have a job and an education to deal with :p ) but I'd do my best and wouldn't mind other people RP'ing my character if need be.

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

One thing I never got with the d&d spellcasting system was the memorizing of spells. I mean how many years must a mage mmorize a level 1 spell before he knows how to cast it without reading the book?

And how logical is memorizing the same spell 3 times?

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Thanks Nakia :)

Was chatting with Fel about it yesturday (or the day before?). What I'm really looking for though is an IRC RP or some such, I guess - just something that moves a bit faster than the forums. But I still am tempted to join the Rashemen one! Still thinking up a good character though ;)

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

what does IRC stand for? I'm absolutely terrible with abbreviations.

8. Rotku

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Hmmm, I'd be curious to see how that works. How long do the sessions last for that matter? Maybe I could just watch one sometime to figure out how it works or something as to not plague the board with excessive questions.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Next year I might be interested in an irc game.

11. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    IRC game would be interesting...maybe next year for me too since I'll be finishing College around June/July...might be off to uni eventually, but not sure.

Has anyone had any experience LARPing...or does anyone do it?...I'm a bit confused how it works with the whole plot thing, and the fighting seems to be just slap eachother with fake swords...I'd love to take part one day, but am just wondering if LARP fighting is always so unrealistic or do some groups encourage proper fighting styles rather than just waving your sword around and not caring if you get hit.

If I had a bit of room I think I'd invest in some D&D Books, maybe next year too since my room is a bit packed at the moment...

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Well it looks as if I'll be able to do some RPing again come the 20th, life should calm down a little by then.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

LARP is good fun, Dave. I do it twice a week. You do hit eachotehr with fake swords, but being a trained fencer makes it easier to parry and smack people, so I have fun.

PLus, I can backstab!

14. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Does anyone want to make a new fantasy thread? The world I've been working on I finally feel is at the point, while not being done, is playable. I also have some ideas as to an RP thread which if anyone is interested in I could run through. A relatively limited D+D format would probably used (since most of the important figures are already calibrated into D+D stats); class and level would be the D+D aspects used with the possibly of ability scores if people feel them necessary.

It would be more of character play heavy RP with limited fighting. The level difference between PCs and NPC villains should discourage combat or at least a hack and slash approach. I'd personally take a more DM approach and allow a more hands free approach for RPers and after some plot devices in the beginning, only really use NPCs to help guide the thread in the direction of the plot line.

If enough people express interest I might be able to get it up by the end of the weak seeing as I should have the free time to set it up come Wednesday.

15. Rotku

Is there a reason to have classes, levels and stats? Or anything DnD related, for that matter.

Otherwise it does sound fun.

16. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

if that's the general consensus, I'd have no problem removing all D+D aspects. I'm willing to do whatever people would feel would make the RP easiest on them. Some "class concepts" will likely remain (such as the distinction of Palaldins, Rangers and Druids from other more generic entities).

17. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Can i joim if it isnt too late?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.