1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sadness.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Told you, god. LOL. I thought everybody knew that I am 12. LOL.
    I feel stupid again. Whole schoolday was spent reading books and writing. Heh. I am the master of skipping school in school. Haha. I need a hug. BTW, love sucks.

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Ez, I'm going to tell you flat out that the opinion that there are no smart men around is just plain wrong.

Rotten veggies meaning what? Idocy, immaturity, or hormonal? Seeing as how you're 12, many guys try to show off to their friends, especially seeing as how being "smart" is not exactly considered "cool" or "in". Immaturity? Of course! I assume that most of the guys that you know are right around your age. That means that they haven't been through puberty yet. Of course they're likely to be immature, and I'm certain that most girls are too. Hormonal? Perhaps, although that's honestly a bit young for the true hormones to kick in. They are likely attempting to emulate the adults that they so desire to be, while lacking the emotional maturity to actually be one. Wait a few years, and I can almost assuredly promise you that you'll meet guys who will love you for your personality.

[ October 09, 2002, 00:45: Message edited by: Rastor ]

3. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Aha, yet another cheerful thread... :p
    Sir Yerril, don't try it, it won't work! (I'm speaking from my very limited experience here)

Been there...you'll probably get over it, but it'll make making friends a whole lot harder, again that's not definitive, just likely...(My dad's in the military, so I have a bit of experience with losing friends to untimely moving)

I don't know about depressed, I was when I joined the boards (I don't mean it like that! :p ) I got over my depression, but not my feelings.
    I wrote all about it in some old post, something about "Discussing Love Lost" or some such...

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Is this the online shrink?`
    *crips*

5. Eze Gems: 24/31

Rastor, thanks for the thoughtful post. Yes, sadly, evey guy i know in RL is around my age and acts like a complete idiot. Vive la vie.

6. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] What is there to be depressed about? Most of you have your entire lives ahead of you. Here's a little piece of advice: The high points in your life make life worth living, the low points define your character. Are you going to stand up to the challenges of life, or let the problems beat you down? If you think you have it bad, try visiting a Children's Hospital sometime.

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The grammatical errors and typos of Padeen...urgh...make this world a sad place indeed...

:aaa:

8. Eze Gems: 24/31

Yet again I agree with you, Shura. But there is that another depressing thing as well. Oh, blah. Yeah, like that.

9. Shura Gems: 25/31

OK, kids, kids...lighten up. The way I see it, the majority of those here are teenagers who lost a girl/boyfriend, can't get a girl/boyfriend... etc etc...

You're only what, 12-15? Plenty of time, little ones. I'm 20 and have not had a single relationship..of course, that might have something to do with my psychotic tendencies but that's irrelevant here.

As for those having parental issues...it always helps to know that you're your own person. You are not obliged to prove anything to them nor live up to any of their expectations. Take what you can from them and give back what you can spare. Don't feel bad about 'failing' them or whatever.

Heh. Once those hormones run their course, you'l go from angry/depressed to a more insipid, apathetic mode. Just remember, people, the world is a horrible one but being sad/angry won't change anything.

Finally, if you don't care, you don't feel sad. So, just care less about everything, and you'll feel less sad. Kid in some 3rd world country gets raped and killed in broad daylight? I don't care! And I don't get upset about it!

So, less care + less responsibility + less humanity(at least, what moralists deem as humanity) =less pain. Think on it.

10. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That's encouraging!

I was the kind that never could get a girl to be attracted. Little did I know I was just blind. Beginning of my third year in high school, the girl of my dreams is in my english class. We were friends, but did I ever DREAM she would want to go out with me? Well, yeah, dream. That's about it. I'd been rejected so many times by girls when I was littl'r for being a nerd/geek/smart/etc. that I figured, I'm not going to bother. Then one day, she, apparently fed up with the fact that I hadn't yet asked her out, confronts me essentially with "$%#*, I like you, you like me, we've been hanging out for a year now, and you haven't so much as asked me out on a real date. Now this is just plain stupid. [She's very frank] We should be going out, it just makes sense. We deserve eachother."

Needless to say, I was blown out of the water, and shortly after we went on our first date. She was/is my first date, kiss, love, etc., and all it took was for something or someone [in this case her] to grab me and say,

"What is wrong with you? Love is not for the meek. To put your heart on the line so exposed is the ultimate act of courage. So be bold, whoever it might be that you seek, then get to seeking. Time is wasting, the clock ticking so quietly in the back of your mind. If you do not act now, what will have changed in 5, 10, 15 years? Why can that change not happen now?"

Moral of the story: if you're a guy, all you have to do is be attractive, wealthy, intelligent, strong, capable, and socially fit. Women are attracted to no less. Oh, or you can go the extra step and be the things that girls are attracted to most: courteousness, kindness, a sense of humor [the ones above don't hurt, either]. If you're a girl, all you have to do is avoid the veggieheads like the plague, pick yourself up a nice guy, and don't break his heart. If you knew how much guys go bug-eyed over a nice, cute girl, then you would have a lot more confidence in yourself. Odds are if you meet a nice enough guy, and you get to know him after a while, and you treat him nicely, he's going to devote himself. Don't toy with him, don't flirt with anyone else, just know that you mean the world to him.

Love is out there, not under a rock or in a treasure chest, but in the hearts and minds of every boy and girl. Find it in yourself, make ready to be able to give it out to those who deserve it. I know what it's like to be hurt, trust me, but if you try hard enough, muster the strength, you will find happiness or die trying. Can there be any nobler a cause?

Amon-Ra

11. Eze Gems: 24/31

WOW. Some smart stuff you're talking here. Actually I am a egoistic *****(sorry Tal), who does not give a damn, what happens with others. Oh blah. As you see, I am a really weird person thing. Any other weird person things are welcomed to mail me.

12. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] How can you be so damn optimistic!?!
    *sigh*
    Okay, here's my story:
    No bf, never had a real one. It sux.
    No real friends. They just give a damn about me and treat me like air. Had these friends since I started school and starting to get tired of some of them.
    Started a new school, which of course sux. Dont go in the same class as my "friends" and have to be with complete geeks...
    Have started to think I have realized that I dont really like my father. I am scared of him.
    Depressed because of... I dont really know. I hurt myself and has been forced to go to some psychiatrist, hate her and my mom.
    One of my cousins might have cancer. He is only 16
    Aso.
    Just feeling like the whole ******* world is againt me and I just wanna die.

13. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG]
    Hahaha!

Hahaha!

Hahaha!

Hahaha!

Special note: No offense intended in this post...mostly...

14. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] LOL.
    in reference to the above post.
    :D :D

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Is that full-time, because if the way you act here is any indication, you do have a kind side. I, for one, am not offended by cold-hearted women provided they can lighten their heart once in a while.

I'm going to second that. Many guys have a hard time admitting when they are attracted to a girl, and then end up totally blowing up what could have been something very nice. Of course, don't go out of your way to be something you're not, but try not to be overtly cruel to people. Sooner or later, a man will fall for what you really are, and those are the relationships that tend to last.

If there is, I have yet to find it. Love is both more ecstatic and painful than any other emotion out there.

Aren't you 13? Seriously, that's too young to significantly care about things like that. Most of the others here will probably tell you the same thing. Don't worry about that sort of thing at your age, you have quite a bit of time left. Just don't burn your bridges though, sooner or later you'll find someone.

Which once again, is something that happens as you grow older. During the teen years, many people finally begin to discover who they really are. Yes, you'll lose some friends because of it, but you'll find new ones and become very solid with them.

Dear girl, don't take anything that far. No matter how bad things are going, it is without a doubt better than the alternative you are proposing. Look into your life and find the things that bring you joy and stick with them.

16. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've never had a girlfriend, heh..

But it doesn't get me depressed; simply hopeful. And motivated.

17. Shura Gems: 25/31

Eilonwy: The 'whole world is against you' thing? It does not get better as you become older, if you already feel like that. Trust me, I know. Been there, done that. No reason to yearn for death, though. If the whole world hates you, all the more you should stick around to get back at them.

The problem with authority is that, they're usually more powerful than you. A direct confrontation will result in nothing good for the angry teenager. Smile, grovel, say yes to everything those on top hand down and do whatever you like out of their sight. It works much better than head held high defiance. Parents: sidestep'em. Teachers: learn what you want and ignore the rest of their crap. Army superiors? Screw em up with a well placed critical mistake or two. As a temporary conscript, I couldn't care less how they rate me as a soldier but the very careers of my sergeants and officers are at stake. I'm an Operations Signaler, a critical role for a very relunctant man. Heheh. I'll be a very happy man if their careers collapse and their children starve.

As for friends...in my experience, people make their life-long friends around the ages of 16-18. It seems as if I've known Arkados Blackmire (another board member) my whole life but we only became friends about 6 years ago. Your friends will come along, never fear.

And if they don't, you can always make it on your own, right?

Keraptisdism or jism or however you spell your name: You sound like one of those wanker 'face the life on your feet' social worker types...I'll visit a children's home...with a heavy calibre machine gun and a can of napalm.

If you can't find love...settle for gratification. Just remember to observe hygiene.

;)

Love is not for everybody. So for such people, well, I guess you'll just have to live with it.

Quit the depression and start making others depressed: sadness is a one-way feeling. If you inflict it upon others, you tend to be free from it. Of course, a sadistic streak helps a lot. It's rather easy to develop one actually. Trust me.

These are a few ways for the young ones of SP to get through those difficult years. Shura, 20 year old SP veteran, adding his own brand of evil to the jumble of sickeningly goody-goody advice here.

Good day. :cool:

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Heeey all this mushy sadness makes me sad too. One secret of love is *not* about finding someone you want to sleep with, but to find someone you want to wake up with. That narrows it down considerably.

PS.
    And whats wrong with beeing sad anyway? If Eilonwy and SC want to be sad, let them. Sadness is not depression in my book. Sadness isn't harming in any way. Feel sad. Lets all feel sad :1eye:

[ October 12, 2002, 22:31: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

19. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Why are you all so obsessed with sadness as a constituent of sexual dilemma? Is this not a symbol of perhaps a satyromaniacal tunnel-vision? Or the fugacious, wispy bonds of adolescent idiocy?

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Well, if you put it that way, how can I possibly refuse? Shall we say...your place at eight?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.