1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok is gonna kick ass

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by antoine, Jun 6, 2001.

1. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I completely disagree with the original post:

Evil characters RULE in this game in terms of raw material.

Best raw fighter: Korgan, EVIL

best cleric: viconia. EVIL

best mage: edwin, EVIL

best thief: jan (I know.. chaotic NEUTRAL.. but still the best and NOT good like Imoen or Nalia)

any good party must make due with rangers and likely settle on a neutral character like the druids for more cleric support.

I do agree that the best weapon in the game is only for Paladins--the holy avenger.. but the C-fury is a close second and can be used by any alignment......

3. antoine Guest

Well if you compare your evil party with tank with my tank (Minsc) and your mage with my mage (Imoen) I think there kinda equally matched and about the thief thing: Jan may be the best thief in the game but I think he is still crap. And any good party has it's neutral characters.

With the best weapon's you probably forgot the mention Crom, which I think as the best weapon in the game (together with Celes Fury)

4. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Actually, I played a good party with :

me, kensai, neutral good half-elf
    minsc
    valgar
    jaheria
    imoen
    and aerie

I used jan for awhile.. and yoshimo

I think that the good NPC personalities are excellent.. it is just that the raw stats of the evil NPC's are better overall

btw-- I agree about crom--but I don't think as a primary weapon it moves up into the top 2---that stun ability on the c-fury is just awesome. I used crom with valgar--who used it in his off hand and the c-fury in his primary hand.

5. Mikka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sarevey's gunna rule.

He has the best stats of any NPC, period.
    And *WHY* would someone play a fighter as their main character? There's Korgan, now Sarevok, and Valygar, Minsc and Keldorn can hold their own as well. Wouldn't you play your main character as a mage, cleric, or THIEF consitering there's so few in the game? Or a paladin, for the stupid sword? I can't understand it... -__- Ah, well, everyone to the class they like..

But the reason I'd let him join isn't for stats, it's because my character is a total goodgirl who always wants to forgive and love everyone while remaining chaotic. =/ Heh.

6. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've decided to resurrect this old topic because i've just started playing tob and discovered that i could recruit that prick Sarevok. A fair deal in the end, i think. I had to dump korgan so now i've got me (a skald) minsc, valygar, aerie, nalia, and sarevok. I like this guy's stats. But the real reason i went for him is... we're BROTHERS man!!! Blood is thicker than water and is even thicker than that little dwarf's skull. As such Sarevok is in. Plus, he's got part of my goddamned soul now, so i kind of owe it to myself to keep an eye on the psychotic bastard. My solution was simple. I didn't like the fact that i had a 150 hp fighter with crazy ass stats running around in my party, so because of his high intelligence, i'm grooming him to be a mage. He's on level two now.. dual class mage fighter. Once he hits level 18 m.u. watch out baby, this guy is going put the boots to any npc living or dead. My deepest disappointment about the game so far though is that Aerie still says she's faster than Chitiqua Southpaw. It's only a matter of time before she gets chunked anyway.

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Trust me, Saverok's: "What if we were to return to Baldurs Gate together..." starts to grate after a while too.
    His dialogues with Mazzy are pretty hilarious though. Nearly as funny as Imoen hitting on Keldorn "I like older men" LOL!

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Blood thicker than water? So why don't you have Imoen instead of Nalia?

This seems to be a good fighters-and-mages party, but don't you think that it's lacking a little in thievery? Or do you disarm traps with Nalia drinking potions? Dual-classing Sarevok to thief worked well for me... But then, if you don't trust him, you would probably do so even less if he could hide in shadows and backstab...:D

9. TGM Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Sarevok is great I must say. And about dual-classing him into a mage or a thief...well, I don't know. I've found him as Fighter the best. At the point he gets Whirlwind/G.Whirlwind, Critical hit, Hardiness, he will be a complete tank. If U turn him to another class, he won't get these bonuses at all, and these are really overwhelming. While using C.hit and G.Whirlwind he did 62, 75(!), 50, 48, 60 damage in one(!!!) motherf*cking round on those around him:) And I haven't yet mentioned his own abilities, like the innate Stunning Blow, and the Deathbringer Assault, which can devastate even the most powerful of enemies:) Really, an absolutely perfect choice, leave him as he is, he is a tru fighter.

[This message has been edited by TGM (edited September 23, 2001).]

10. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Maybe you're right, TGM, it's just that I needed a thief (Watcher's Keep can be pretty tough without one). Backstab was also useful, he did 206 damage with Angurvdal once!:D

11. TGM Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Well, that's alright. I only said that he can be the best as a fighter. And, of course I haven't tried dualing him into a mage or thief, so there could be very good effects as well.

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Well you have to look at it from both angles for one there aren't that many NPC's that you can fool around and dual class with. On the other hand I think it's just a fine to keep Sarevok a fighter that's what I did. Also I did BG2 and ToB without a thief and it was not bad at all, but the area that gave me the most headaches was WK and even then it was minimal. The worst room for me in the entire game that had traps while I had to fight enemies was on the third floor of WK in the maze near the end with the cambion dude and his level-draining pals. That was the worst episode I had without having a thief.

13. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

You have a good point. I should probably find Imoen, I just never liked her rabid enthusiasm too much. But I wonder how many bhaalspawn i can pick up in this game. Have a whole gruesome party of bhaalspawned children. We'd need some serious peer counselling. Thieves? Don't need no stinking thieves. Finished soa with this party. Thieves eventually run out of uses or hitpoints in my parties. Actually the real reason is because i couldn't handle Yoshimo's treachoury, and I never liked the other thief characters too much. I use Nalia when i really need to, pump her full of magicstuff, rings, boots, cloaks armours, whatever i can find to boost her abilities... I just don't trust thieves, they steal things. Disarming traps is easy enough too. I send whatever I can summon into the trap. If that doesn't work, there's protection from magic when opening locks and stuff.... worked in spellhold when i had to get a portrait off the wall. lots of options. Sometimes I do miss backstab though.

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I didn't know that Sarevok had a stunning blow ability! I saw his mighty deathbringer assault several times, but he never stunned anyone, yet. BTW, how does this ability work? He has some percent chance, or he does this when scoring a critical hit????:hmm:

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited September 24, 2001).]

15. TGM Gems: 5/31

At each hit Sarevok has 5% chance to make a Deathbringer Assault, normally scoring a massive 200 points of additional damage;
    His stunning blow abilty works the same, but with higher chances: 10%/succesful hit - opponent must save vs. spell(?) or be stunned for 3 round.
    However you can read about his special abilities in his Biography.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.